Halo 4 Pepakura (Files within)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your profile picture...

ROFL

and mark 6 is not made... yet. Mark 5 should be available, but I'm not sure.

Mark 6 is pretty much Halo 3's helmet so I suggest modifying one of those instead of waiting for a file to come out.

thanks haha figured it would fit my profile name. i was curious more about the other parts of the armor. there's just something about this armor i love more than the Halo 3 mark VI. thanks for answering my question so soon!

Hello, everyone. I have three questions regarding the halo 4 battle rifle within this thread. So, I downloaded sliced file for the battle rifle. When viewing the model on the left side of screen, all of the lines on the model are accented with bright red. Is there any way to switch those lines just to plain black? I want to be able to see the parts more clearly when using the corresponding function. My second question involves the scaling of the sliced file. I printed out some of the parts to the scale that was already set, and they just seemed be to large. What would be a good scale for the battle rifle? Thirdly, is there a hd pep file for the battle rifle? Saw that there was one of the dmr. Actually I might have downloaded the hd BR a while back, but the file was not unfolded. So I ended up deleting it. Thanks guys, would be good to hear from you all.

Is there any way to switch those lines just to plain black?

Yes. In Pepakura 2, go to Configuration > Colour Configuration, and set the colour for 'Single-Sided Edge'. In Pepakura 3, go to Setting > Other Settings > Colour, and again, set the colour for 'Single Sided Edge'.

My second question involves the scaling of the sliced file. I printed out some of the parts to the scale that was already set, and they just seemed be to large. What would be a good scale for the battle rifle?

The file is set to the 'game standard' scale - this is the size the weapon is in-game. You're more than welcome to knock the scale down on your own, however the size you use will be utterly dependant upon your own preferences.

Thirdly, is there a hd pep file for the battle rifle?

As far as I'm aware, there isn't a HD Halo 4 Battle Rifle unfolded and available to the public. The only HD files we have are either CNC-quality files or game rips, neither of which are natively suitable for Pepakura work. You'd have to do some work yourself on removing clipped faces, open edges, and impossibly intricate detail work in order to get the file up to 'build standard'.

That aside, HD files usually aren't the best files to be working with - they're extremely painstaking to cut and assemble, and you often run the risk of losing a lot of the intricate detail when it comes to hardening your file. For weaponry, I would suggest using 'solid' media such as plastic board (PVC/styrene), cardboard or wood (MDF/balsa/sintra) - Pepakura has the annoying tendency to buckle, bow and warp during hardening, which can ruin your painstakingly-assembled weapon. You could also take the HD files and have them milled out professionally, if your budget can afford that.

I hope that's given you some food for thought, at least.

Thanks for all the info! Much appreciated! Got one more question regarding the sliced battle rifle file. Its not the same as changeing the scale for pep files. I want the battle rifle to be 39inches long. Which would be about 990.6 mm when converted. But, problem is its not adjusting the numbers correctly as it normally would. Whats the problem?

Untitled-1_zpsf3c4c081.jpg

My modeling quest continues.

*disclaimer* I only ripped this file off the disk. I actually didn't scratch build this thing... although I wish I could.

I'm thinking about making a weapon pack for everyone to enjoy. I have all weapon models right now, just need to clean them up and unfold. It'll take a while, standby for more updates.

In all honesty, this piece of work is a bit tricky to clean up. The easiest were a bunch of open edges that I sealed together, and then the magazine and a few items which aren't connected to the rifle other than by clipping through the model. The fire control/mag release switch is actually two separate models pieced together, and sunk into the rifle. I'm also working on this one, lol

In all honesty, this piece of work is a bit tricky to clean up. The easiest were a bunch of open edges that I sealed together, and then the magazine and a few items which aren't connected to the rifle other than by clipping through the model. The fire control/mag release switch is actually two separate models pieced together, and sunk into the rifle. I'm also working on this one, lol

It's not that hard, but... (there goes the infamous "but") it will take time. LOTS of time. I use sketchup, so it'll be pretty straight forward. A lot of stitching up. All the empty spaces on that picture are triangles that sketchup can't "understand".

I can only imagine how remodeling it in blender can go. CAD... oh my god

I've put it aside since it was a project with little demand, and also since I'm busy with building my future up.

Oh yeah, in case if anybody was wondering where my projects are going, they're crawling with no limbs right now. Sorry, I want to finish them but... I need to get myself going before I turn 18 :p

Wish me luck...

It's not that hard, but... (there goes the infamous "but") it will take time. LOTS of time. I use sketchup, so it'll be pretty straight forward. A lot of stitching up. All the empty spaces on that picture are triangles that sketchup can't "understand".

That's pretty funny. Normally I start up from ADJ and export the assault rifle as a EMF3 file, and then import it into 3DS Max with shaders and textures, and then subsequently export it as an obj to which I then import into Sketchup. The model shouldn't be missing faces, whatsoever.

I would dearly love:
Enforcer helmet
anything Ricochet
Defender chest

sitting on my knees in front of my computer begging the masters of 3d modelling to grant my request.

I would dearly love:
Enforcer helmet
anything Ricochet
Defender chest

sitting on my knees in front of my computer begging the masters of 3d modelling to grant my request.

Crimmson modeled the Ricochet chest piece and I unfolded it, Here

Not as hard as you'd expect, to be honest.
Hi. You should PM me or empty your inbox.

Also, to the thread in general: I will 3d model or set up existing models for pepakura or 3d printing, PM me with what you'd like done for a quote.

People, yes. I've got the helm ready, if you'd like it sent.

EDIT: This is what it should look like when built:

PG40HHK.jpg

DOUBLE EDIT:

MS7, if you want to fire some of those files my way to unfold I'd be more than happy to help.

Any chance any of the other scout pieces are around somewhere?

Click HERE for a redirection to Arcanine's armor asset release post. Search carefully and you should come across the files you need. They might be unfolded, they might be still folded, or might need cleanup work in a 3d program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back