Northeastern 405th Regiment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is going to Rhode Island Comic Con?

Right now my suit is on it's way back to the Midwest for a convention. It's costing A LOT to ship so it may get left in the Midwest for a bit.

Yup, I am going to RICC. Macattack64 that's a bummer about your suit :(. I thought you were driving it back? Even if it doesn't make it back out here in time for RICC you should still come and hang out with us!!

Last edited by a moderator:
So I've seen a new regiment up on the forum, hopefully we will be able to get our own up soon. That'd be pretty sweet, might have to check over the list of current members and see who is still active and tell the peeps on FB get them back on the forums as well.

So I've seen a new regiment up on the forum, hopefully we will be able to get our own up soon. That'd be pretty sweet, might have to check over the list of current members and see who is still active and tell the peeps on FB get them back on the forums as well.

Indeed. I think right now the main thing keeping the Northeast from becoming an officially recognised regiment is organization. We need a spokesperson, someone to serve as the primary contact not only for the benefit of the admin here in the 405th personally, but if, say, there's a filmmaker or event coordinator who wants some costumed characters, there would be someone the admin could point that individual to who would know who to contact to see if they're interested in helping out.

Indeed. I think right now the main thing keeping the Northeast from becoming an officially recognised regiment is organization. We need a spokesperson, someone to serve as the primary contact not only for the benefit of the admin here in the 405th personally, but if, say, there's a filmmaker or even coordinator who wants some costumed characters, there would be someone the admin could point that individual to who would know who to contact to see if they're interested in helping out.

If that is what's required in taking us to the next step then I'll have to up my game. I might need a little help thou, I am familiar with a lot of conventions in the New England area, as well as starting to familiarize myself with the local 405th'ers. This will take a bit but I'll see what I can do.

Heh, there certainly is more to the "behind the scenes" work to what we do here than most outside observers seem to realize. It would probably be a good idea to talk to the representatives from the current list of recognized regiments and pick their brains on how to lay the groundwork and get everything up and running.

Heh, there certainly is more to the "behind the scenes" work to what we do here than most outside observers seem to realize. It would probably be a good idea to talk to the representatives from the current list of recognized regiments and pick their brains on how to lay the groundwork and get everything up and running.

You've read my mind :D

Steps are being taken, I am vigilantly working behind the scenes, and I will keep you all updated. Bear with me XD

Ok open discussion time, would we like to be the "Northeastern" or "New England" Regiment?
I for one feel that Northeastern is more fitting as we cover more than just the New England states. However the choice is ours and open for debate. The states we would be covering are : Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware and Maryland. Everyone in agreence with this ?

Ok open discussion time, would we like to be the "Northeastern" or "New England" Regiment?
I for one feel that Northeastern is more fitting as we cover more than just the New England states. However the choice is ours and open for debate. The states we would be covering are : Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware and Maryland. Everyone in agreence with this ?

"Colonial Regiment" :)

North East works fine too though.

I'm game to join this division, I'm in Pennsylvania.
You could add Retrocon in oaks, pa to that list, they are a growing con, still small but just graduated to two days this year. :)

ATTENION: CURRENTLY ACTIVE MEMBERS WITHIN THE NORTHEAST.
Please take a second and send me a PM so I can get an accurate members list to get this going. Thanks a ton! Also note the FB group is up please look into joining if you have not already. Although the FB group will only act as extension the forum, we are trying to keep most of the discussion here on the forum.

Adding a "+1" to keeping this the Northeastern Regiment. Calling it the New England regiment would be a bit confusing. Honestly after nearly two years of this thread being here, changing the name significantly at all could cause confusion. Although I wouldn't be opposed to a regiment-wide or perhaps state-specific "nickname." Going by state would probably be a bit better, as that would give it more of a "squad name" feel to it. Perhaps something that could be the topic of another discussion farther down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back