Fixing armour to body suit - best way? method? ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coops911

Hey guys, so ive finished my eva spartan suit now, but im having trouble with some pieces staying where there are ment too. it all fits pretty snug, but what the best way for me to fix the armour to my under suit?

For my partially finished suit, I used 1" nylon strapping with buckles and it worked out pretty well for me. Once I have my under suit made, I will likely sew my strapping to the inside of it, and just cut small slots in the under suit for the buckles to sneak through. That way, my armor parts will always be relying on the strapping to hold them up, and won't tug on the under suit.

I second FlyinPhil. I did this for my H4 Chief suit. This way the parts have something mechanical (straps, clips) always holding them. Hidden under the under suit so it looks like the armor is always 'floating' on your leg. I recommend a strap that is elastic. That way when you move the strap can contract/expand without putting stress on the sewed points, and also keeps it fairly tight without too much pressure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Magnets are only useful in areas that the pieces are not going to have any real movement. If there is any side to side movement in the piece, such as your ab plates, thigh plates, then they will constantly fall off. Your groin plate, butt plate you might be able to get away with magnets, but honestly buckles and straps, or velcro are your best bets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back