Reclaimer Trilogy Master Chief Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
So quite a big update since last time! I pepped one of the bicep/shoulder pieces.
IMG_20151212_022837.jpg IMG_20151212_022845.jpg IMG_20151215_020619.jpg IMG_20151215_020844.jpg

After that, I got some new motorcycle gloves and an assassination knife! I am looking into molding and casting the knife so I can actually bring it into conventions. A question for the community; where does Master Chief keep his knife? Should I create a sheath on the shoulder like in Reach, or something else?

IMG_20160110_031110.jpg IMG_20160104_194921.jpg IMG_20160104_194838.jpg

@dirtdivesI made them myself using Auto123D and the .OBJ files of the assault rifle in the file section!

Thank you for all the encouraging feedback!

My next big update is for my assault rifle. I converted the sliced files into MDF wood templates and cut them out on my scroll saw. The rifle is extremely heavy since it is solid wood, when cutting out the magazine well, I noticed that the rifle became significantly lighter, to combat the weight, I will be cutting out hollow sections inside the rifle which will double as storage space for batteries, etc. I painted the colors I was looking for in acrylic without any template or masking tape so please excuse the messy paint job. I just wanted to get a feel for what I could expect it to look like when it is completed.

My plan for electronics is to have a system wired up internally to connect the flashlight, power button, magazine reload and ammo counter to all work as one system. (my old rifle had separate power switches).
I will have an illuminated power button on the side of the rifle, powering the flashlight and ammo counter. Ammo counter will be similar to my older model but with the ammo count at 36 instead of 32 and the reset switch will be a magnetic switch inside of the magazine well.

IMG_20151227_211007.jpg IMG_20151229_180228.jpg IMG_20151229_191151.jpg IMG_20151229_191831.jpg IMG_20151229_204438.jpg IMG_20160108_185648.jpg IMG_20160108_193547~2.jpg IMG_20160108_193520.jpgIMG_20160110_021559.jpg IMG_20160110_023825.jpg

Looks good bro! But, it looks like your gonna have to do a lot of body work to smooth out everything. Gonna be interesting to see how it turns out.

Wow, I just seen your thread and I'm amazed how clean your work is. Great job.

I might be bit late, but for the knife - officially Spartans keep their knives in the forearm armor, which is silly and it'd never fit inside as knife is longer than the forearm guard... and better, it springs out like a Assassin's Creed hidden blade. Yup, not kidding.
I'd recommend to use either the sheath like ODSTs or play with magnets... but since it's a real knife you're using... better keep it locked in the sheath... and I'd like to point out they might not let you in with a real knife to conventions, etc.

Looks good bro! But, it looks like your gonna have to do a lot of body work to smooth out everything. Gonna be interesting to see how it turns out.

Thanks! Bondo is going to be the fun part of this project. I am planning on doing just the edges and angles so smooth everything out.

Wow, I just seen your thread and I'm amazed how clean your work is. Great job.

I might be bit late, but for the knife - officially Spartans keep their knives in the forearm armor, which is silly and it'd never fit inside as knife is longer than the forearm guard... and better, it springs out like a Assassin's Creed hidden blade. Yup, not kidding.
I'd recommend to use either the sheath like ODSTs or play with magnets... but since it's a real knife you're using... better keep it locked in the sheath... and I'd like to point out they might not let you in with a real knife to conventions, etc.

Thank you! haha no way, that's insane. I don't think I can implement anything like that in my suit, so I will probably be going a sheath on the chest or something. I still have ways to go before I actually implement the knife in the suit. I am also planning on molding and casting the knife into rubber so I can actually bring it to conventions.

Thanks! Bondo is going to be the fun part of this project. I am planning on doing just the edges and angles so smooth everything out.

Thank you! haha no way, that's insane. I don't think I can implement anything like that in my suit, so I will probably be going a sheath on the chest or something. I still have ways to go before I actually implement the knife in the suit. I am also planning on molding and casting the knife into rubber so I can actually bring it to conventions.

Well, like I said in reality it's impossible, because the forearm gauntlets aren't thick enough to store the knife and the knife is longer than the forearm pieces... so, if they tested it in real life, they would have scraped that idea... but if they use it in digital models, it works - the knife just appears out of nowhere. xD

Oh that's great if you're going to mold and cast it. Are you planning to keep the knife you it is or do you plan to cover these "teeth"? :D

I can't wait for the next armor update :D

Well, like I said in reality it's impossible, because the forearm gauntlets aren't thick enough to store the knife and the knife is longer than the forearm pieces... so, if they tested it in real life, they would have scraped that idea... but if they use it in digital models, it works - the knife just appears out of nowhere. xD

Oh that's great if you're going to mold and cast it. Are you planning to keep the knife you it is or do you plan to cover these "teeth"? :D

I can't wait for the next armor update :D

I hope the casts come out ok! It would be cool to be able to supply some halo cosplayers with convention safe weapons :p I am planning on keeping the knife with all the details, I think it adds personality haha

--UPDATE--

I finally pepped out the glove and hand plate armour over the weekend.I really like the look of it with the new gloves. I am thinking of molding these and possibly selling a kit or two. Mostly for the benefit of not having to pep 2 sets and being able to cast a piece or two if I loose or break any pieces.
IMG_20160123_224938.jpg IMG_20160124_190513.jpg IMG_20160125_194759.jpg

Moving on to the under suit, I have been planning and thinking of ideas for an accurate and realistic under suit. I have tried different vinyls, hex fabrics and finally just casting it!
IMG_20160125_212045.jpgThis is a Smooth Cast Onyx cast from a silicone "pot holder" from Bed Bath and Beyond (lol). I really like the detail. I think I will be using this approach but with a more flexible material that can be glued and sewed onto an under suit.
IMG_20160119_230351.jpgThis is the material I got, it is called Hex70 from RipStopByTheRoll. Cost only about $8.50 for a 6x4 sheet.

Let me know what you guys think!!

Love it! Nice find. I have just saved the Web site. Lots of cool colors. My son and I have accually made a hexagon pattern in blender that we were planning on printing with ninja flex. But this will be so much easier, and it looks good to.

Hope your willing to accept my opinion? But, the whole set of hand armor you've just pepped looks to be a bit to big for the gloves. If I'm not mistaken the hand plate is sitting to for up on the wrist area, instead of being on top of the hand. Also, the three finger plates that go on the ends of mid, ring, and pinky won't be able to slide up more without bunching up against the rest of the plates without them being evenly spaced out. By any means I hope this helps!

SavedbyGraceG12 Of course! Opinions is why I post in this thread and I appreciate all of it.
I agree with you, the gloves I got fit a little too small so I may try it on a bigger size. I also think the hand plate is a little high up, I wanted to be safe and not have it make contact with the forearm too much but I will see and adjust the plates after I pep out the forearm and get a new glove size!

Thank you! It helped a lot!

Last edited by a moderator:
MikyVengeance Awesome, let me know if it works out better with a bigger glove. And your welcome! Also, was it default size you used for the hand plates? For the handplates, I'm thinking that will be the last thing that I'm going to pep. Once they are pepped, I'm probably going to put some little braces that cross each other on the inside of the finger plates, then I'll fill each one up with hot glue to make them solid. Which I think it will make it easier to handle when doing bondo work to them. Just a idea, will see when I get there.

SavedbyGraceG12 Yes, the pep was default scale. So far, everything is done as default scale. That sounds like a great idea! I was thinking of putting rondo on the inside and put them over a curved surface and let the rondo cure over the shape. Maybe I'll make a mold and cast a set or 2.

SavedbyGraceG12 Yes, the pep was default scale. So far, everything is done as default scale. That sounds like a great idea! I was thinking of putting rondo on the inside and put them over a curved surface and let the rondo cure over the shape. Maybe I'll make a mold and cast a set or 2.

Thanks! Back to the under suit while I'm thinking about it, do you plan on using both materials? Or just one?

SavedbyGraceG12 I am planning on using the thicker material for the under suit while the smaller hexagon pattern for the gloves and some other detail. I'm going to see how it goes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back