Destiny Beta, spoilers open at your risk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I know this isn't everyone who has been listed so far, but I think this is everyone who has listed what console they are playing on:

Xbox 360:
WandererTJ, - GT: Wanderer128 (360)
Zaff, - - - - GT: Zaffy2005 (360)
SniperWolf, - GT: Rockcrushin (360)
ColFork85, - -GT: ColFork (360)
Crimmson, - - GT: Crimms0n (360)
Kor, - - - - -GT: FlatlinedGamer (360)
The Chief Master, GT: Vengeance Beard (360)

Xbox One:
Demogorgon, - GT: Wolfgangthor (One)
Zero Prime, - GT: xZero Primex (One, 360 at a later date)
Connor Xfor, -GT: Connor Xfor (One and 360)
Frozesnot, - -GT: Frozesnot (One)
Fireryne, - - GT: fireryne8389 (One)
Ghost Bear 027 -- GT: Ghost Bear 027 (One)

'

Playstation 4:
AWACS-89, - - PSN: awacs89 (PS4)

Unspecified:
Kyre, - - - - GT: tekman24 (???) - RIPTEKMAN007 (Bungie Profile)

Currently in Xbox Clan:
WandererTJ, - GT: Wanderer128 (360)
ColFork85, - -GT: ColFork (360)
Frozesnot, - -GT: Frozesnot (One)
Kyre, - - - - GT: tekman24 (???) - - RIPTEKMAN007 (Bungie Profile)

Make sure that when you add yourself as a member that you add yourself to either the Xbox clan or the Playstation Clan!!!

Add Ghost Bear 027 on the Xbone. This game is incredible so far, and it's just the Beta... This is why we love Bungie.

Last edited by a moderator:
I need help playing a prank on my niece. She is playing the beta for me while I am work. Can some one send me a message on xbox live to my gt with her name in it. Her name is Isella. Nothing rude please. Teehee

Joined the xbox clan. Going to have to start saving up now to get the full game as soon as I can. Can already tell this is going to eat up a lot of my time. lol.

The moon mission was fun while it lasted. I wish there was some sort of confirmation to acknowledge that we were accounted for being online at the proper time. Even a message from the post master saying thank you would have sufficed haha. Also, I really love the music in this game. Marty did an amazing job as always.

The moon mission was fun while it lasted. I wish there was some sort of confirmation to acknowledge that we were accounted for being online at the proper time. Even a message from the post master saying thank you would have sufficed haha.

Some have said they got a message of some sort, others said they didn't get anything. My brother and I were playing from about 3:30 -6:15 pm here in NY (9 pm GMT was around 4 or 5 pm here) and we didn't even get any notice that the moon was open at any point, nor did the "requirement not met" ever disappear for the one mission we could see there. And around 6:15, the whole thing shat the bed. Took a good 10 minutes just to be able to reconnect to LIVE, another 5-10 more to get it to stay connected when we opened up the Beta, which held for a few minutes before booting us out again.

Xbox live server status went haywire the same time the moon stuff started, i could barely log on then didnt see anyone at all. and lost my friends list till this morning so xbox live kinda bored the whole thing when the event stuff started was a bit annoyed was trying to get a fire team with ghost bear and then nothing after that. Moon was fun and a bit tough on my warlock even at lvl 8 for a lvl 6 mission.

Had a great time playing last night with WandererTJ and Macattack64 last night. I think Zaff was there at some point to.

Yep. With my brother in the Crucible. And all I can say is, "Curse you, Invictus Penguin!" No idea who that is, but pretty much never encountered anyone else from the other team except him/her. It was war. lol.

Some have said they got a message of some sort, others said they didn't get anything. My brother and I were playing from about 3:30 -6:15 pm here in NY (9 pm GMT was around 4 or 5 pm here) and we didn't even get any notice that the moon was open at any point, nor did the "requirement not met" ever disappear for the one mission we could see there. And around 6:15, the whole thing shat the bed. Took a good 10 minutes just to be able to reconnect to LIVE, another 5-10 more to get it to stay connected when we opened up the Beta, which held for a few minutes before booting us out again.

Yeah I was on at 4:30 (Eastern time as well) and was waiting for some sort of message saying the event had started (5:00 EST). At around 6:15 I got booted off the game, which I figured was when the update went live. I logged back in to find that I couldn't find any guardians for the iron banner and every time I went to the tower, it was void of players. I went to farm the Rocket Yard and saw the blue ! over the moon which was when I realized, "Oh hey, the moon mission is available." Played it twice before it was locked again.

I'd say for those who were unable to be on, they didn't miss much haha. It was an uncoordinated mess. The level was pretty fun though.

I'm getting "The Beta has ended, please join us at release on 9/9/14!" when I try to log on, anyone else?

I'm getting "The Beta has ended, please join us at release on 9/9/14!" when I try to log on, anyone else?

I know they are doing maintenance on the servers right now, though I don't think it's over quite yet. It's possible that they are starting to shut it down though :(

Searching for Servers on the Xbone as of 1945 EST, so I'm assuming that's about all she wrote. I hope the stuff in my locker is there when I get back!

And my new starship, which I don't think does anything for me but stroke my ego for looking cool... Like some Kilrathi interceptor or something, thing was a sweet ride...

- - - Updated - - -

Xbox live server status went haywire the same time the moon stuff started, i could barely log on then didnt see anyone at all. and lost my friends list till this morning so xbox live kinda bored the whole thing when the event stuff started was a bit annoyed was trying to get a fire team with ghost bear and then nothing after that. Moon was fun and a bit tough on my warlock even at lvl 8 for a lvl 6 mission.
Fireryne,
I'll find you in September mate! I was a bit miffed we couldn't chat, and would have preferred to have had some company on that moon mission, but wow was that a good looking area! I'm loving this game. I need to see if Game stop will let me upgrade to the version with all the DLC included since I only put a deposit in for the regular one. It was great playing alongside of you and look forward to more gaming in September.

All i am getting is a zebra error. Looks like my destiny beta days are over :(. I'm totally looking forward to September though. I had a great time playing with you guys.

I thought the music was phenomenal. Sometimes i even extended missions just so i could hear the music repeat. I love Marty's work.

I really wish I had a screen recording device.
I did 2 runthroughs of the Moon mission.
The first time, my group just did the mission itself.
But the second runthrough... we found out that the Moon map was just as big as Old Russia, maybe bigger. It definitely doesn't seem like it as big on the surface of the moon, but that is because the map expands massively underground. I think our 2nd runthrough lasted like 2 hours.

We discovered a labyrinth full of Hive enemies, including Ogres, Witches, and Knights by the masses. Once we thought we had gone as far as we could go, we kept finding new passageways leading around the maze even further. At one point, we found some Hallowed Knights, which appeared to be Un-kill-ables, but they actually turned out to be Lv.12. It was like facing 2 Hunters on Legendary with all the skulls on and giving them happy trigger fingers with munitions that traveled much faster than the blasts Hunters typically shoot out. Damn it was fun trying to kill them. We had a Lv.4 member in our party that earned 2500xp when one of them died.
As we wandered around in the maze, we stumbled onto a few dead-ends with giant doors in front of us that obviously led to areas we were not allowed to reach during the Beta.
We didn't find any dead ghost while wandering around, but we did find 1 Gold Chest which added a "1/5" onto the left side of the Moon's destination map.

Now I am royally pissed. MY brother is playing right now. I'm getting a "server offline" message.

Well, here is my opinion of the game that I shared on fb.:

Destiny, the new game by Bungie (creators of Halo), feels like a more serious version of Borderlands with expanded multiplayer capabilities and the graphic stylings of the Mass Effect series.

I pre-ordered the game even though I was quite skeptical, all the "hype" and marketing for the game made it seem plain and generic.
As I played the Beta of the game this week, I found myself thinking that the game didn't feel very unique; it draws elements from many other games.
That said, the question is, does it at least do so in a winning combination?
Well, I'd be lying if I said I was still planning on cancelling my pre-order, I did have fun with it, and I will be saddened once the Beta period has ended, which is reason enough for me that it will be worth getting the full retail release.
But does it have that winning combination of elements? While the Beta was fun, it is still too soon to tell. It seemed like they put a large emphasis on needing to do matchmaking to unlock the best gear/equipment, and if it turns out that the full release continues with that regard, I don't think it will have that winning combination to truly go down in history as one of the best games and most memorable games that I've played.

Had originally been in the boat of "I'd like to get it eventually, but I can wait until it's cheaper." Now I'm leaning more towards "If I save up and don't spend my limited income on any non-essentials (or anything at all, preferably) I might be able to get at least the standard version around, if not at, launch day." Still can wait, and a part of me things I probably should, but that might be residual distrust and bitterness left over from how 343 handled Halo 4 and I shouldn't make Bungie pay for 343's misdeeds.

Personally, I loved the Beta and can not wait to get my hands on it at midnight. The beta was such a small sliver of what Destiny will be, and yet I'm already hooked on it. There are a lot of similarities in gameplay and in enemy AI between Destiny and Halo, which makes me think it's possible they are using an engine that is an offshoot of Halo's engine. The game has a sense of familiarity, which was a big part in why I liked it, yet it was a completely new experience. Of course I finally found a great way to farm Engrams and Glimmer on the last day of the beta xD. Oh well.

Personally, I loved the Beta and can not wait to get my hands on it at midnight. The beta was such a small sliver of what Destiny will be, and yet I'm already hooked on it. There are a lot of similarities in gameplay and in enemy AI between Destiny and Halo, which makes me think it's possible they are using an engine that is an offshoot of Halo's engine. The game has a sense of familiarity, which was a big part in why I liked it, yet it was a completely new experience. Of course I finally found a great way to farm Engrams and Glimmer on the last day of the beta xD. Oh well.

Explore mode missions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back