Fall Meet Up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monsterhelljump

hey everyone! so i know theres not alot of us but i was wondering if me and someone else set up like a dinner or something, would anyone be interested?
itll be a middle point for everyone whod be willing to go yaknow? itll also be really cool for us to sit around and talk about our regiment and stuff lmao
and no im not thinkin a halo suit meet up, just a casual one lmao

Sounds awesome. I'd love a Colonial Regiment meet n' greet. Just not sure I'd be able to attend if it was too far off, unless someone could spot me a ride.

Well I guess what we'd have to do is get a list of people who are interested and where avoids they are located, this way we can find a centralized place.

The list:
monsterhelljump - Ludlow, MA
SniperWolf - Ludlow, MA

Last edited by a moderator:
Depending on when and where, Kusak and I would be interested.

I think if we do have a meet and greet, we should make a day out of it? Maybe do something like a Six Flags day or something. Just throwing ideas out there. Some people may be less willing to travel if you're only getting dinner or something.

What's the Big E?

Mac, you have to take into consideration there's already the cost of travel and food, Yea, it's a little more enticing when you have the thought of doing more than just grabbing some burgers or a pizza together and hanging out, but unfortunately it's hard to "make a day" of anything these days without making a sizeable dent in your finances, too. Going to a Six Flags park (nearest one to me is up in Lake George, NY) would be fun, sure, but it's about $15-20 in gas just to get there (more for those who have to travel farther, and then there's the return trip), $10-20 per car for a parking spot (unless you have a season parking pass, which not everyone will have), and then I think it's like $35-40 just to get in. And assuming we stop to eat while we're still at the park, that meal is going to cost at least double per person as it would at pretty much any restaurant. We all want to meet up, but we have to find options that don't involve going broke to do it.

I'm not sure if doing it while armor is on is a good idea, I tend to fall in the terrain park every time, but id' wear one of those cheap $50 costume suits with the half mask over my ski gear and ski in that hehe.
I use one of those to do tough mudders and 5k's in. :)

Zaff, the Big E is pretty much a giant New England fair so to speak. Rides, food, vendors/shops, butter sculptures! (Seriously, it's a thing, I'm sure why though) It's a fun place to hang out for a day and what not. It's located in West Springfield, Mass I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, roughly a 2 hour drive to West Springfield from here...if I had a car.

Mac, you have to take into consideration there's already the cost of travel and food, Yea, it's a little more enticing when you have the thought of doing more than just grabbing some burgers or a pizza together and hanging out, but unfortunately it's hard to "make a day" of anything these days without making a sizeable dent in your finances, too. Going to a Six Flags park (nearest one to me is up in Lake George, NY) would be fun, sure, but it's about $15-20 in gas just to get there (more for those who have to travel farther, and then there's the return trip), $10-20 per car for a parking spot (unless you have a season parking pass, which not everyone will have), and then I think it's like $35-40 just to get in. And assuming we stop to eat while we're still at the park, that meal is going to cost at least double per person as it would at pretty much any restaurant. We all want to meet up, but we have to find options that don't involve going broke to do it.

Just meeting up would literally be a 2 hour drive or more depending on where anyone is located anyway. It's not worth it if it's only to get food.

Zaff, I feel like you are shooting down any ideas than you are not close enough to attend.

I'm not shooting down anything. Just voicing opinions and/or concerns. The simple fact of the matter is that unless it's within walking/biking distance, I don't have any reliable means of travel, so it is highly unlikely I will be able to participate in ANY meet-up, convention, gathering, or event of any kind that isn't held right around where I live. I don't expect anyone here to feel they need to cater to me and I certainly don't expect or even want anyone to feel guilty about setting something up that I or anyone else wouldn't be able to participate in. It's just the facts of life. Whether it's distance, cost, or scheduling conflicts any suggestion will have at least one person who will feel like it's just not going to work for them. If it feels like I was directly shooting down your suggestions, I'm sorry. But I do want to present other perspectives because I think we can all agree that we don't want this to be something overly restrictive, and the more "requirements" that are put on it, the more restrictive it will be. We have to take as much into consideration as possible and try to find something that is open to the largest number of people. Maybe I'm the only one in the "got nothing going for me" population, but there are likely others who have other concerns and/or obligations and we all want to make sure that as many people can be included as possible. The fact that I'm 99.99% unlikely to be able to participate is something I've accepted. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade. I know I most likely cannot be a part of anything that is suggested, but I want as many of the rest of you to be able to.

I say we all go skiing together during the winter :p

YES. Skiing is cheaper in groups! I actually have a place nearby called Jiminy peak (you NY and Mass folks would probably have heard of it) that does group passes.it has 45 trails and 3 terrain parks! it is also very close to some nice food places. Just an Idea.

YES. Skiing is cheaper in groups! I actually have a place nearby called Jiminy peak (you NY and Mass folks would probably have heard of it) that does group passes.it has 45 trails and 3 terrain parks! it is also very close to some nice food places. Just an Idea.

Sweet, I'm also game for any mountain I haven't been too yet, which is most up north. I have been to Okemo and Kilington, which are awesome, oh and Elk mountain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back