Anyone else live in Washington State?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Puyallup, but I commute to Seattle for school. I've been doing the Emerald City Comic Con for the past 2 years at the 501st booth. I would love to meet up with some 405th guys at the con full kits and all. Hopefully I'll have my build finished before this upcoming ECC.

So how is the ECCC? Wife went last year and didn't see to many costumes at all and when we went to SDCC 12 there wasn't as much as G4tv makes out. Is there like a day that everyone wears something or is it hit or miss?

Curious anyone living in Washington. Do you guys resin all year round or do you only do it in the summer time here?

Curious anyone living in Washington. Do you guys resin all year round or do you only do it in the summer time here?

I live down just south of Portland, and I do use Bondo and paint year-round. You need a hot box. Basically, a rubbermaid tote with a heat lamp inside (pet store find). Actually, pretty much, you need to make a fake Easy Bake Oven. It will keep the fumes contained and keep it warm enough for the bondo to cure.

Also, you might need to build a painting booth (something you can bondo in with it blowing the fumes outside). Doesn't have to be much. Mine is a table with an acrylic shield on the front and a couple of sintra sheets for sides. It has some plastic strips on the lower front that I can put my hands through to do the work I need without exposing too much for the fumes to get out more than necessary. It is also good to sand in to keep the particulates from going everywhere. Just make sure to clean it regularly or the acrylic shield can get scummy. It is built against a window and has a small fan to suck out the fumes. It also has a couple of heat lamps to keep it from getting too cold inside.

I live down just south of Portland, and I do use Bondo and paint year-round. You need a hot box. Basically, a rubbermaid tote with a heat lamp inside (pet store find). Actually, pretty much, you need to make a fake Easy Bake Oven. It will keep the fumes contained and keep it warm enough for the bondo to cure.

Also, you might need to build a painting booth (something you can bondo in with it blowing the fumes outside). Doesn't have to be much. Mine is a table with an acrylic shield on the front and a couple of sintra sheets for sides. It has some plastic strips on the lower front that I can put my hands through to do the work I need without exposing too much for the fumes to get out more than necessary. It is also good to sand in to keep the particulates from going everywhere. Just make sure to clean it regularly or the acrylic shield can get scummy. It is built against a window and has a small fan to suck out the fumes. It also has a couple of heat lamps to keep it from getting too cold inside.

Dang man that sounds like alot. I only have a townhome so not much in the way of being able to do all that damn. Was hoping I could put a heater or something but a tote like you said sounds good.

Dang man that sounds like alot. I only have a townhome so not much in the way of being able to do all that damn. Was hoping I could put a heater or something but a tote like you said sounds good.
We do painting and fabrication for other things, so the painting booth is required lest we have stoned cats running around huffing paint fumes. Also, it helps when sanding for the same reason.

Though, last year when we had the snow... It was amazing sanding and painting with the flakes falling right outside the window.

hey johnny would you be interested in helping me out with our big Halo 4 launch part at gamestop? i need as many 405ths as i can, preferably with armor but not a requirement

hey johnny would you be interested in helping me out with our big Halo 4 launch part at gamestop? i need as many 405ths as i can, preferably with armor but not a requirement
I wish I'm still trying to build my armor man got thighs done, right forearm and doing the shins tonight., Where are you from anyway?

I might have to move some stuff and set up some garbage bags in the garage with a space heater LoL the wife will not be happy.

May be inappropriate to post here, so appologies. Is anyone here planning on going to emerald city comicon 2013 this year? I'm an oregonian but I'm just across the river in the portland area, planning on going so drop me a line if your going.

I'm going to Emerald City Comiccon 2013 either in my armor if I get it done or for my website, either way would love to meet up wit any 405th members and take some pictures and have a good time.

Awesome! Jonny. Are you on FB? Send me a pm with some contact info, We've got at least 4 spartans from the portland area going up there, trying to organize some kind of meet up :)

Howdy yall, i'm in Port Orchard moved last year from VA. Ill be starting my pep armor build here very soon. My wife said it would be okay. Hoping to have it ready for Halloween,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back