New Build: Reach MP WIP (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

odst fng

Jr Member
Hey guys. I decided to start over on what I wanted to do. I have been working/researching this for the past week to make sure I have it in my head what exactly I want to do....

reachmpbuild.png

Well, here is the WIP...spent basically all weekend doing this, and I am pretty happy with the results :D

frontchest.jpg

sidechestd.jpg

backchest.jpg

Hopefully, Tuesday I will be putting on the resin/fiberglass...I just hope it's scaled right. I think it is, but I didn't try it on before I put the support in, find out soon enough...

I'd also like to thank scizor112 for taking time out of his day to get about 30 great in-game reference shots for me! thanks a bunch!

Next on the list: Helmet - will be working on this periodically through the week and will post images once I get more of the helmet complete-

Hey guys. I decided to start over on what I wanted to do. I have been working/researching this for the past week to make sure I have it in my head what exactly I want to do....

(pic omitted for brevity)

Well, here is the WIP...spent basically all weekend doing this, and I am pretty happy with the results :D

(pics omitted for brevity)

Hopefully, Tuesday I will be putting on the resin/fiberglass...I just hope it's scaled right. I think it is, but I didn't try it on before I put the support in, find out soon enough...

I'd also like to thank scizor112 for taking time out of his day to get about 30 great in-game reference shots for me! thanks a bunch!

Next on the list: Helmet - will be working on this periodically through the week and will post images once I get more of the helmet complete-

Very clean Pepwork my friend! The only thing I can see is it looks a little mis-shapen at the bottom near the last pic, but a little cardboard reinforcement might help that out a lot. You're very welcome, I'm glad my reference pictures helped; obtaining them for people actually gives me an excuse to take a break from my build and play Reach lol. Can't wait to see how the helmet turns out!

Very clean Pepwork my friend! The only thing I can see is it looks a little mis-shapen at the bottom near the last pic, but a little cardboard reinforcement might help that out a lot. You're very welcome, I'm glad my reference pictures helped; obtaining them for people actually gives me an excuse to take a break from my build and play Reach lol. Can't wait to see how the helmet turns out!

Hmm...Im looking at the bottom pic and don't really see where you are talking about...I may just not be seeing it. also , your cardboard idea, am i able to resin/fiberglass over the cardboard..I'm thinking yes, but just want to make sure

Maybe it's just the pic, but the very bottom of the piece where the spine would go looks a little warped toward the right. You can resin/glass over the cardboard, it won't hurt it any more than it will hurt the cardstock; I've added cardboard to my Forearm pieces so they keep shape.

Maybe it's just the pic, but the very bottom of the piece where the spine would go looks a little warped toward the right. You can resin/glass over the cardboard, it won't hurt it any more than it will hurt the cardstock; I've added cardboard to my Forearm pieces so they keep shape.

AH! i see where you are talking about now...

I noticed that last night right before I went to bed...I misplaced one of the tabs...just got to get a lighter, un-glue it, and reset it in the right position.

AH! i see where you are talking about now...

I noticed that last night right before I went to bed...I misplaced one of the tabs...just got to get a lighter, un-glue it, and reset it in the right position.

Just be careful to not set your piece on fire! XD as cool as the Flaming Armor Effect is, I'm pretty sure that's not what you're looking for.

...just got to get a lighter, un-glue it, and reset it in the right position.

If you've used hot glue to put the pieces together the metal tip of the gun can be used to melt the glue by holding it to the paper for less than 10 seconds. I would avoid the lighter.

great work man keep it up and maybe you'll be able to make it to dragon con next year.

That looks really good! You're well on your way to making a fantastic build!

I would also recommend avoiding a lighter. Fire will catch much quicker than most people realize (I had a few water powered bottle rockets ignite using a lighter)

@scizor112 - Thanks for noticing that piece on the back. I got it fixed and it looks better!

@Satchmo III - yeah I had tried the lighter on another piece that didn't sit right and it worked really well, but after I thought about it, I didn't want 22hrs of work on this chest piece going up in flames... lol

@foxleader - That's what I am hoping :D thanks!

@ Naughty_Lemur - yeah..like I said to Satchmo III, I didn't want 22 hours of work on the chest piece to go up in flames....

thanks you guys for slapping me back into reality...I think the lighter thing was me being impatient lol

more pics coming sometime...it's going to be a busy week for me so I have to fit the build in when I can...

Also... Does anyone know if there is a model for the Reach sniper shoulder? the one with the 3 sniper rounds on it? I have looked but may have missed it or looked over it, and if you could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it!

You're welcome man! I pride myself on my eye for detail and I'm glad to help out. I looked around for a good 30 minutes for a model of the Sniper shoulder but I couldn't find one. It shouldn't be too hard to scratch build though with some cardboard and/or foam. I can't remember exactly where at the moment but a while back I stumbled across a thread with some blanks of the bullets also. I'll post it for ya if I can find it again.

You're welcome man! I pride myself on my eye for detail and I'm glad to help out. I looked around for a good 30 minutes for a model of the Sniper shoulder but I couldn't find one. It shouldn't be too hard to scratch build though with some cardboard and/or foam. I can't remember exactly where at the moment but a while back I stumbled across a thread with some blanks of the bullets also. I'll post it for ya if I can find it again.

You know the blank 50 cal rounds you can get at army navy stores? I gonna use those instead of pepping or scratch building the bullets

you know what you're project is just awsome.

Sweet! thanks!

by the way does anyone know where i can get the spartan shoulder/bicep piece? I have looked hi and low for it, and its the last piece i need to download. I looked thru the halo reach pep file sticky but the links for both of them are dead...so...if anyone knows where to find that file, please let me know....

P.S. - i know i will feel stupid once someone posts it :p

Sweet! thanks!

by the way does anyone know where i can get the spartan shoulder/bicep piece? I have looked hi and low for it, and its the last piece i need to download. I looked thru the halo reach pep file sticky but the links for both of them are dead...so...if anyone knows where to find that file, please let me know....

P.S. - i know i will feel stupid once someone posts it :p

I'd try looking in ForgedReclaimer's Database. I'm using his Bicep piece and it's just plain sexy.

OK, since I can't do too much building throughout the week due to work, I have been taking time to scale everything, I did a test knee last night and it was way too small, so I hope to god I am doing the new scaling right...currently reading through the official scaling thread sticky so wish me luck!

edit/update: ok this scaling thing is kicking my @##...I must have had beginners luck with the chest piece, but the rest of it is confusing the heck out of me...I just don't feel like I am getting the right numbers and not comfortable with the math I guess....

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back