Sepheus 13's Foam and Pep Halo Reach armor WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sepheus 13

Well, hello there 405th.. I hope you having a great day whenever your reading this post. My online alias is Sepheus 13 it came with a mixture of the name Sepheroth, and my teenage "wit". I'm not sure where the 13 came from, it could be from me being 13 at the time, or my lucky number was 13, anyways. I stuck by it, well. Thats enough about me for now. I know why your all here, so without a further adieu here is my armor so far.

Some of you may recognize some of these pieces, I did have a thread a while ago, but it died and I didn't have alot of stuff ready to present, (I hate when people start a thread with only a little amount of work done, so I saved all my progress)

All the Pep'ed items:
DSCN2168.jpg

The Biceps (I will most likely re-do them in foam, they are a little small for me)
DSCN2170.jpg

My 99.9% done forearms, I may repaint the left one, add more battle damage
DSCN2172.jpg

and my two thighs. One resined, one not
DSCN2175.jpg

I have two shins, But they are a little small. Usable but small so I'm going to remake them in foam, I also have an ODST bicep that im going to use.

Now for the foam Item. this was my first time EVER using foam to make an armor piece, i am extremely happy with the way it turned out. im not 100% done with it. im going to add some more detail.

It originally looked like this!
DSCN2143.jpg

The finished product then turned out to be this!
DSCN2151.jpg

DSCN2156.jpg

This is me wearing the torso piece
DSCN2164.jpg

Back
DSCN2166.jpg

If the camera quality is bad or not centered, then I apologize. Its kinda hard to use a camera with a broken screen

Well until next time 405th!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great detail with the torso especially on the back. For jumping back in on the build you already have quite a nice start. Have you decided on a helmet or are you waiting to see the completed armor?

wow that is pretty nice :D any tips to a newb pep/foam builder? did you pep out the torso THEN foam it? or just build it in foam? how did you adjust your pepping to make it work out? I tried a thigh and well, it looks ok, but its not accurate lol.

Thanks guys,

Great detail with the torso especially on the back. For jumping back in on the build you already have quite a nice start. Have you decided on a helmet or are you waiting to see the completed armor?
Thanks, the back took about two times as long as the front cause of all the detail, and I'm going to do my Halo Reach Spartan, It has a scout helmet and Iv'e already started to pep it, but I'm putting that on hold. I'm going to do my helmet last - sorry if that made no sense. :D

wow that is pretty nice :D any tips to a newb pep/foam builder? did you pep out the torso THEN foam it? or just build it in foam? how did you adjust your pepping to make it work out? I tried a thigh and well, it looks ok, but its not accurate lol.

What I did was use L3X BLU3R1V3R's foam templates for the torso
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/28565-Another-Reach-Mark-V-Torso?highlight=BLU3R1V3R
I did alot of the shapes with the templates but I free handed alot of the minor details and some pieces, also always keep your X-acto blade sharp, when it starts to get dull it starts to tear the foam, not giant rips just small tears that for me bothered me... ALOT.

I took the day off today from any armor progress, hopefully I'll have some tomorrow!
Until next time!

I'm double posting, yes. but no one commented after that post and I think this thread could use a little bit of a bump.

I haven't done much in the last weekend. Well I have these sudden bursts of creativity, I think this one happened cause I got PAX Badges and I thought "I only have 3 more months" So I got crackin'

I made this Cod piece only today so its not the best, I plan to add a lot more detail

This is me wearing it
DSCN2178.jpg

and the front
DSCN2189.jpg

and the Back (and yes that is an RPG :D I can post pictures of it if you want.)
DSCN2191.jpg

I have to give credit to Calladar for creating a "pocket" for a phone/ camera. I hope he doesn't mind me using his idea, Of course his is 10000x better than mine, I was rushing.. (sorry for the blur, My camera is broken)
DSCN2179-1.jpg

and this was a quickie hand plate, no where close to what the final product will be.
DSCN2183.jpg

sometime this week I will have a Weekly update video to give more of a visual to everything.

well, Until next time 405th!

Well I sure love TRIPLE posting :D. anyways its been a while, and I wouldn't have triple posted if some one had commented on my thread. I think this post deserves well a post because its a huge update. And I mean HUGE

So. this weekend I got cracking again. and look what I did! (I got a kat to model my armor) - hehe.. halo joke
DSC_0080.jpg

So.. What I did this lovely weekend was
Friday, Friday...: Paint the torso. took most of the day.
Saturday: Admire said torso and make two thighs and a shin then paint one of those said thighs
Sunday: paint the other thigh, shin and codpeice, and then post this on the 405th :D

here is a close up of all the pieces.
the chest
DSC_0081.jpg

The back
DSC_0082.jpg

Thighs
DSC_0083.jpg

Shin
DSC_0084.jpg

Forearms
DSC_0085.jpg

Biceps
DSC_0086.jpg

cod peice (and kitty)
DSC_0088.jpg

So this next week I hope to have my other shin done... and then onto my helmet. I'm so close! and im really lucky too. I'm on my last sheet of foam.

Well untill next time 405th!

Some one was busy this weekend,lol. Nice job on everything. Now put that stuff on and lets see a pic or two. I don't think the cat will fit so you're gonna have to be the model this time,lol!

Agreed. Lets see some MJOLNIR spartan poses from your hard earned work.
Well done too! :)

that is just epic. and lulz^^^^^
but i noticed you didnt include two triangles in the bottom front of the chest connecting the two strap things that go under the arm. was that intentional???

Great work sir. Looking forward to seeing it complete. Reading your post gives me hope for the future. It is great to see a young cat that spells and uses grammar correctly. Thank you for taking the time to keep us up to date on your WIP and taking the time to make it enjoyable to read.

Oh, man! thanks guys! I was thinking of letting this thread die, and I come back and it has like 3 or 5 more replies and like 800 views! I love this feeling :D

TD2253
Your custom armor looks pretty good dude!
hellome
Nice job! That was a lot since last update o_O. Nice paint job aswell. And btw that cat is awesome.
SpartanRogue1
That's some really nice work you've done. I love the weathering, now just get that helmet done! Good job!

Thanks guys, its comments like this that really keep me going. I don't think a lot of people actually realize that the best inspiration comes from peers complimenting your progress!

LongShot-X
Agreed. Lets see some MJOLNIR spartan poses from your hard earned work.
Well done too!
vshore100
Some one was busy this weekend,lol. Nice job on everything. Now put that stuff on and lets see a pic or two. I don't think the cat will fit so you're gonna have to be the model this time,lol!

I will do it real soon (maybe tonight) I just have to secure everything together somehow without my buckles yet.

Jonus
I'm more interested in that pile of laundry. Could you post pictures of that?
awww... well that's just a bunch of towels :D

that is just epic. and lulz^^^^^
but i noticed you didnt include two triangles in the bottom front of the chest connecting the two strap things that go under the arm. was that intentional??

Well, they really put the chest away from my body and I personally didnt like the look. So I removed that, so there wasn't any empty space in between my body and my armor

tReXXXan
Great work sir. Looking forward to seeing it complete. Reading your post gives me hope for the future. It is great to see a young cat that spells and uses grammar correctly. Thank you for taking the time to keep us up to date on your WIP and taking the time to make it enjoyable to read.

Thank you, I personally dislike it when people don't use proper grammar. it annoys me because the way I see it is. It's not that hard to use it.

well heres what you asked for, a picture of me fully costumed. (please keep in mind that it is not 100% completed.)

DSCN2291-1.jpg

imagejpeg952.jpg

complete or not, it looks pretty good. (Despite the towel-less laundry basket)

Is that a Reach 360 I see?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back