Reach Armor EVA Foam Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

erockertorres

Jr Member
So I started a build using EVA foam mats to make Reach armor. so I though it would be good to post this as a thread so if I have any questions someone can answer and answers questions others have.

Here's the Chest piece that I have finished.

http://erockertorres.deviantart.com/#/d316jsa

That's pretty tight. I know a lot of people are going the foam route, how is it to work with over pep'ing or the casting methods?

Not all had 45 degree angles but a lot of pieces had angles in them. I achieved those angles by sanding them with a belt sander I have. Its pretty hard to describe which pieces have angles in them because pretty all of them have angles to them.

which parts if any did you have to use 45 degree cuts?

Thanks. So far the suit minus the helmet is maybe 20 hours so far spread over a few weeks.

and yes Im just printing the face sides. anything else thats to small or at really odd angles or bends Im custom making by eye to work around them.

Nice Foamie! I bet this sucker built up quick?

You're just printing the face sides right?

Wow, great build. I wish I saw this before I started my armor, I would have gone this route instead. question... I have been experimenting with foam after seeing the great results other have, but the hot glue keeps seperating or cracking from my foam. I am using low temp hot glue. Should I use high temp? Have you tried other types of adhesive like gorilla glue or tacky glue? Thanks. Again, amazing build and very impressive how fast it is built.

Thanks. and I use a high temp. glue gun. Thats given me the best results. I've heard gorilla glue works but dries too stiff. I haven't used tacky glue.

so far the build has taken about 20 hours spread over a few weeks.

Wow, great build. I wish I saw this before I started my armor, I would have gone this route instead. question... I have been experimenting with foam after seeing the great results other have, but the hot glue keeps seperating or cracking from my foam. I am using low temp hot glue. Should I use high temp? Have you tried other types of adhesive like gorilla glue or tacky glue? Thanks. Again, amazing build and very impressive how fast it is built.

Dude! Awesome looking foam build and it looks like you also had a pepped Master Chief before this and it looks great too! Keep up the great work; everything looks clean and assembled well! :)

Thanks. Nice trooper build by the way. I've wanted to try that too or to an ODST build with the foam

Dude! Awesome looking foam build and it looks like you also had a pepped Master Chief before this and it looks great too! Keep up the great work; everything looks clean and assembled well! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back