Mass Effect N7 armor edit

Status
Not open for further replies.

dung0beetle

I couldn't find legs, abs, or lower back, so I took what I found and put them all together in one file and added the abs, legs, and the details of the lower back. I'm going to use foam for the other parts including the calves, knees, and the main part of the lower back. I'm a bit bigger in the chest than you skinny guys, so I added some chunkiness to the chest, hopefully with room to spare. I also added cutouts to slip a belt through the ab plate for easier rigging. I've scaled this to my height 6'2", and I wanted to post it for anyone who wants it.
I would give credit to the original modeler of the parts that I used to start with, but I suspect it's just an edit of the game rip. The helmet may be original since it's more detailed than the game file. Sign your pep files guys! :p

(the box at the bottom is there for help in scaling)
Download it here. Not unfolded yet.

Once I have the time I could unfold this and post it here. When I unfold things like this I usualy put each Armor peice in to sections and Label them. It just makes it more easy to find pieces I think. I should start the unfold pretty soon though.

I unfolded the torso parts. Get them here.
Fits 6'2" height (if my conversion was accurate :D), and for average build people, you can cut at the armpits and overlap for a better fit.
Next up is the arms...

can you tell me how to break down the model and i can unfold it
If you have the full version of Pepakura designer, you can export the model in .obj format. Then you export each part as its own file.

I'm working on redoing the abs and back, I don't like how they turned out. I'm going to use floating faces for the back details, and I'm going to make each ab plate a single part, so they can be attached to an undersuit for more flexibility. I'm editing the female armor too, so I'll post it here when it's done, but I need a good height for an average female to scale everything properly.
The rest of the helmets/headgear are coming soon (even DLC stuff).

Edit:
Still editing, but...
N7 Heavy armor - Abs, back, and legs.
Download .obj

K thanks I do have the full version btw this will help me with the other models just let me know when this is done and I'll get to the unfolding

Oh nice. I'll be watching this. I've been trying to get/waiting to get files on a FemShep N7 Armour file for my first costume that I hope to make for April's Video Games Live concert.

Have all the things (minus the strapping) I need for the armour for construction out of foam, just need to figure out how to add the strapping to make it all fit once I have it constructed.

In a 3d modeling program, delete all but one part, then export as .obj (or other pep compatible filetype), then do the same for each part. They will stay the same relative scale when opened in pep.

Does blender or max have a "separate" function? Or, an action that basically takes a model and separates the parts that don't share faces/verts?
Only asking because that might save some time when breaking the model up.

Btw: Thank you very much for sharing this file. I'm not sure if I will ever get around to building the N7 armor, but its a nice file nonetheless!

What 3D modeling program is it? and sonic if your gonna try to get nintendude to unfold it its gonna be a loong time cuz i heard hes really busy for the moment

Does blender or max have a "separate" function? Or, an action that basically takes a model and separates the parts that don't share faces/verts?

In Blender, you can select one vert and then hit CTRL+L. That'll 'Link' instantly to every other connected vert on that part and highlight that bit for you. After that, it's just a case of inverting the selection (CTRL+I) and deleting everything you don't want. Hope that helps.

Only asking because that might save some time when breaking the model up.

Btw: Thank you very much for sharing this file. I'm not sure if I will ever get around to building the N7 armor, but its a nice file nonetheless!

Hugh...

There is not a "seperate" function in Blender persay like that....

However... if the original model was created in sections, you can do this... go into edit mode (tab). In edit mode, you can hover the mouse over the particular part you wish to seperate. Hit the (L) key. That will select local object or group.... then hit the (P) key and seperate.... I have found with a great number of models that they are indeed created in seperate parts and this works well. After you get all the parts seperated, if you have some you want to group back together... just hold (shift) and right click to select the items... then CTRL (J) to join them back together...

I really hope that helps... if you have other Blender questions, just shoot me a PM

Cujo3131

Thanks for the input guys. I don't personally use blender, I was just asking for the OP's sake. Now that I know this though, it would probably aggravate me to no end knowing there is just a button that does this for you in Maya.

index.php
index.php
Mass Effect Daft Punk Helmet - or Joker's "I don't wanna go outside" helmet.
index.php
813px-Prologue_Joker.jpg

It still could use a bit more cleaning up (there was a lot of junk inside it like the skullcap and mic boom), but it should work ok. I left the "glow" lines in for reference if anyone wants to put some el wire in it. Blacklight paint would work ok too. I took out the mic boom because it is too low-poly and too small to be useful.
Download here.

I'm still editing the armor, so it will be a few more days until it is where I like it.

Attachments

• 813px-Prologue_Joker.jpg
    813px-Prologue_Joker.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 257
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back