Metroid Prime 3 + Halo 4 male cross over suit - PED Suit

Status
Not open for further replies.

brokenvisr

Jr Member
>OPEN IMAGES IN NEW TAB<
>RESOLUTION IS SUPER HIGH<

Well, its been a very long time since I've been active on here. Not to mention all of my PC issues have been fully ironed out, minus a few issues I'm having with my browsers but I can work around them.

Anyways, onto the business; I was beginning to run short on ideas, so I gave myself a rather daunting task. To make the iconic armor of the galactic bounty hunter, Samus Aran, finally available for the opposite gender! Mind you, there was a heavy influence from the Halo universe as well as Destiny. I wanted to be able to take the uni-sexual design and turn it into an all around, none gender specific suit. What better way to eliminate that obstacle by blending in a Halo-esque aesthetic system and armor placement? Funny enough, this very careful blend of Metroid Prime and Halo 4 had the best possible outcome. As of 3 days ago I completed the PED suit (as well as the Varia suit) both in their respectable male variants. I also made both suits so they have an optional arm canon deal, that thing isnt mandatory ya know :p but its great for authenticity!

Speaking of which, I'm sure your dyeing to see both of these variants. Given though, the Varia suit is much more Halo-esque since I wanted it to look like a "military standard" combat skin. I also had to remove the incredibly massive shoulder pads since they were heavily conflicting with the over all aesthetic of the suit and were just being impossible to work with.
I'll shut up now so you guys can look at the pretty pictures!

mp3__c__halo_4_cross_over___varia_suit_by_dutch02-d6e8p4k.jpg

assassin_collage_by_dutch02-d6e8od6.jpg

mp3__c__halo_4_cross_over___p_e_d__suit_by_dutch02-d6e8pvk.jpg

So there it is! Thus far, the PED suit is the only one that has been converted and modified into a foam template format. Depending on how much positive reinforcement the Varia suit gets, I may also do it as well. For now though, the suit will not be available for Pepakura since it is still in its developmental stages. I'm sure there will be many revisions of each part since going from Google Sketchup straight into Pepakura, there is always room for improvement!

I will continue to update this thread with screen shots (and potentially real pictures) of the suits over all progress.

:eekeek:eek *Jaw drops and faints*

Oh my god that is awesome!!!!!!!!! I love the Metroid series and the Chozo power armor has always been a dream of mine to do, mix that with some design aesthetics from Mjonlir armor and well you sir are awesome.

Wow this is just amazing, its original, bad@ss and very creative. Metroid and Halo have always been my favorite games when i was little and now. Just seeing them together is very nostalgic and very very cool, Nice work man!

Drawing some comparisons between the metroid and halo suits I'd have to say the helmet (especially in the "Dark Samus" pictures) feels very a bit like the Stalker helmet, and the chest piece in the first two armor types looks like an up-armored Wetwork, from the front at least.

:eekeek:eek *Jaw drops and faints*

Oh my god that is awesome!!!!!!!!! I love the Metroid series and the Chozo power armor has always been a dream of mine to do, mix that with some design aesthetics from Mjonlir armor and well you sir are awesome.

That’s the whole reason why I decided to do this, because both Metroid and Halo have been what I grew up on. I first started out as a Metroid fan, saw the first Halo 2 commercials and instantly said it was a Metroid rip off, then I got my hands on a computer and a copy of Halo and I fell in love with it! I just find it hilarious that I thought Halo was a Metroid rip off, then a few years down the road I absolutely loved both franchises. I’m also thinking about releasing the Varia suit unfolds on here as well.

that is awesome very nice work
Thank you very much tumbucu!

Wow this is just amazing, its original, bad@ss and very creative. Metroid and Halo have always been my favorite games when i was little and now. Just seeing them together is very nostalgic and very very cool, Nice work man!
Thank you kid4life! Those are the exact things I was shooting for as well haha! I totally know what ya mean by that man, and that’s why this suit needs to be done! FOR MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF NOSTALGIA AS WELL AS BAD@SSERY! :D

Drawing some comparisons between the metroid and halo suits I'd have to say the helmet (especially in the "Dark Samus" pictures) feels very a bit like the Stalker helmet, and the chest piece in the first two armor types looks like an up-armored Wetwork, from the front at least.
I agree with you on those, even though the Metroid Prime armor and Halo 4 armor are 2 completely different types of design.

Wow, between you and L3X, your skills with google sketchup ASTOUND ME. At first it hit me funny (the model) everyone always matches up Chief and Samus (don't get me started, just don't there -_-) So seeing them both incorporated together made me laugh.

The models look great, and from you previous work, I'm sure they will be recreated fantastically as well :)

-Seth

I totally love this!! It looks so amazing, I wish I thought of something this awesome. I made a varia suit a few months ago and I seriously love it and I've been contemplating making the Phazon Suit again and seeing this REALLY makes me want to. Awesome work!! ;)

Very nice re-imagining of this armor- I like it.

I think the Varia suit version looks good, thought I would encourage you that if you've gone this far with this concept that you keep pushing to get a version with the classic shoulder bells. Halo Reach in particular had some large (and if you ask me, down right goofy) shoulder Pauldrons.

For example, if you are trying to keep with the modular and swap-able design that MJOLNIR has, perhaps a larger round bell with a pole like attachment on the inside would allow it to be attached. It's kinda hard for me to put in words, but I'm basically imagining a hollowed out ball except that there is a support beam of sorts that would slot into the bicep/upper arm to just slide or clip into.

Personally I was never a fan of the PED suit, but you did it justice.

The concept you have in the middle looks like a recoloring of the Varia suit in the Phazon version- is that correct? I ask because the Dark suit from Prime 2 has much different pauldrons. You might be able to make a version for those too if you wanted swapable variants.

Over all this is very cool, and I think you'll find plenty of interest. Samus has always been sought after in cosplay and one major problem is that there have never really been any public pepakura files. The ones you CAN find either cost money (and aren't of the best quality or user friendly) or someone has them, lets the community know, but hoards them because they want to make a badass Varia cosplay before anyone else but they never do and thus the files never see the light of day :(

There is a wonderful member on the RPF who is working on a Varia build as I type this and she's been gracious enough to maker her files (as she makes them) public.

I'll save this thread- I'm eager to see where you take this and if you ever end up handing the templates out I'm sure you could get a few donors to compensate you for your efforts, I know I would pony up myself :)

Great work!!

The only thing I think could be changed, would be to angle the back vents slightly inwards in the Varia. They look a bit too parallel.
And maybe the ab-plates - but then again, even some of the H4 ones look awkward.

Otherwise, OMGFSYFJFKS-
They look amazing! The only thing that would be even better, would be a MP3:C Dark Samus version!
PED suit version looks so good, especially the shoulders and chestpiece.

+1 sub doesn't cover enough awesome.
Will be watching this with great interest.

MS7

E: What Revenant said. There aren't enough Metroid files out there.

Wow, those are some sexy suits. I do agree though that I think you could still push the size of the pauldrons a bit more, but other than that, they're really cool. Even like the colors. - Really looking forward to seeing more.

>> Thread update<< 8/2/2013

Alright, hello subscribers/ people just tuning in. As of right now the PED suit is going through some tweaks and fixes so that it is much more foam friendly in the long run. There are just weird little problems within the mesh where edges are randomly being split or are completely disconnected when I port the model into pepakura. But thus far everything is going great!

Also on a side note; I am open for doing 3D model commissions for Pepakura. If you are interested in getting a commission, please PM me. I will supply you with a quote on how much the file will cost. Mind you, the deal includes the raw .obj/ .3ds model file and the .pdo file. All adjustments and mesh tweaks will be done for free as well. I would greatly appreciate it if you guys spread the word and referred people to me if they are interested. Thank you! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe how flat out awesome this is!!!!! Fuuuuuuudge I need to stay on top of this and pep this once it comes available!

>> Thread update<< 8/2/2013

Alright, hello subscribers/ people just tuning in. As of right now the PED suit is going through some tweaks and fixes so that it is much more foam friendly in the long run. There are just weird little problems within the mesh where edges are randomly being split or are completely disconnected when I port the model into pepakura. But thus far everything is going great!

So how is everything going with this? Did you get things tweaked the way you wanted for the foam guys?

Can't wait to see your progress!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back