PAX East 2015 - Lets get the ball rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh, the "unemployed" boat?

Well not really. I can't get any of the good jobs until I'm 18, wich sucks.

I have worked all my life at our own business making custom cabinetry, and almost learned everything to take it over, but we had a fire and it was a total loss. We also didn't have any insurance, and an incompetent fire department assigned to our township at the time.

So my older brother, sister, and I joined the fire department close to us.

So for the past 2 years I haven't had much for work.

Ah. A little over ten years passed the "good jobs" point but I live in a tiny little town where the "biggest" business is an understaffed McDonald's but they pretty much refuse to hire enough for a full crew and unless you're the manager, you don't get more than 16 hours a week at minimum wage (I've heard it's supposed to go up, but it's been aat about $7 an hour for the last 10 years). Saddest part is can't even get a job there because of their hiring practices (or lack thereof). We've had at least 6 businesses in the area either get destroyed or simply shut down entirely in the last 5 years. I mentioned the possibility of leaving for Wisconsin or Texas, and even those options are dependant on someone else lending me a hand. Texas for the school I've been wanting to go to for nearly a decade, or Wisconsin for a dream job, but each option relies on someone else making up their minds on whether they really want to make that investment in me. So basically stuck in limbo.

And I'm getting wildly off topic here. Suffice to say I would love to be at this or any convention to rep or simply help out the 405th, but I have no idea if/when that will ever be a possibility. Heh, maybe if the Publisher's' CLearing House shows up with that $5,000 a week check on Thursday. Here's hoping.

Anyways, IF me and sniper are in the pretty much definitley boat, I need one more person who is willing to commit and talk on the panel before I submit the request to Penny Arcade.

If I lived on the East coast I would love to do this (if my age wouldn't be a problem);I've always enjoyed public speaking and whatnot however I definitely can't commit to going to Boston :(

I am maybe willing to go. In fact I would love to go, but my 3 problems/questions are:
1. I have no idea how or when to get tickets
2. I would help with the panel, but I'm not really good at public speaking
3. Is it difficult to drive to/in Boston?

Also, since I am still in high school, I don't know if the dates would interfere with that.

I am maybe willing to go. In fact I would love to go, but my 3 problems/questions are:
1. I have no idea how or when to get tickets
2. I would help with the panel, but I'm not really good at public speaking
3. Is it difficult to drive to/in Boston?

Also, since I am still in high school, I don't know if the dates would interfere with that.

Tickets are bought off of *suprise* the Pax East website: East.paxsite.com (the website is updated the day they go on sale, and that date is unknown. they sell out QUICK)

2. It all depends on where you are driving from. I take the mass pike which is a nice easy drive and in boston, well, it IS city traffic, but as long as you focus you should be fine.

3. It is firday-sunday on march 6-8th so unless you have an exam on that Friday you should be fine.

I'm slotting myself as a maybe, as I've had to fight work for time off more than once just for a couple days off not even for an event. But, I really want to go.

A booth would be a nice touch, in like the artist alley or something. I don't even know if there is an artists alley, I have yet to go to Pax. The only problem with that is who is going to fund the booth. As far I know having a booth spot wasn't free. Now if possible to get a booth spot and everyone wanted to help fund via donations and what not, that'd be a great idea. Also we'd be able to store some of your/ our 405th gear and stuff at the booth if it happens.

The problem with that would be funding for a banner or signage that may not already be there or available.

Booths cost a pretty penny, not to mention I want you guys to enjoy your time at the convention, not have us slave away selling merch and stuff. we can have as many people as we want on the panel, but right now Me and sniper were the only ones committed. Mac, if you want to join the panel you are more than happy too.

Hey guys,
I would love to be a part of this, though my wife and I are expecting our first kid mid Feb, so I'm not sure how cool she'll be with me taking a day and heading up to Boston. I have a feeling I'll be happy to take a day away at that point!

I teach/train for a living, so I've got no problem talking on a panel and would really like to be a part of this. I won't come in costume, as I don't have one, but I can bring a helmet or 2 to display.

Troy

058, You are in!, and ghost, I would definitely appreciate your help at the panel to talk about your experience on the site and with your helmets. Mac, I was hoping for hopefully a good time slot on Saturday, as its the busiest and most Cosplay heavy.

If you guys want to message me with your names, I can put a list together of definite and maybes, so when I submit the application, I have actual names to put for the "who is doing the panel" thing. We might get a cool "panelist" badge but I'm not sure. I know booths and media get VIP and exhibitor badges.

I know I am going, and I would love to help out. I would be able to bring my Spartan and ODST suits

Attention ticket hunters: Penny Arcade has announced that tickets wont be on sale till at least November, so try and not to worry during October!

I would love to help out with the panel. Me and a couple friends are diligently awaiting the moment tickets go on sale, so more than 98% chance we will be there. So if you wouldn't mind an extra hand..... =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back