EGLX - Canada's Live Game Expo

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazedStarbon

RCO
Member DIN
S009
EGLX, or Enthusiastic Gaming Live Expo, is Canada's first event that introduces large-scale gaming conventions.
Located near Toronto, Ontario: The International Centre, (6900 Airport Road, Mississauga, ON)
When: April 29th, to May 1st, 2016.

Enthusiast Gaming [EG] is a Toronto-based organization with the goal of bringing all of Canada’s gaming communities together through small events and large annual conferences/conventions. We work with local businesses, universities, entrepreneurs and gaming enthusiasts alike to host recreational and competitive tournaments.

In May [2015], we hosted Enthusiast Gaming Live, Canada’s largest pure gaming expo ever – but Enthusiast Gaming Live Expo [2016] will be bigger and better in every way. With no financial backing and barely two months of preparation time, we managed to pull off a two-day event to universal acclaim. At roughly 1700 total attendees, it stands as the largest pure gaming event in Canada, ever. Now imagine what we can do with more time, more experience and a whole suite of major sponsors.

Representing three distinct pillars of gaming culture:

Festival: For you, the fans. Online celebrities, cosplay, tabletop, arcades, family zone, parties, tons of vendors and shops – EGLX will be completely packed with amazing content. We couldn’t have pulled it off without the community’s neverending support.

Makers: Who creates all these games, and how do they do it? Come meet the stars from Toronto’s thriving Indie scene, try new and unreleased titles, watch student game designers at work, listen to esteemed speakers, and meet the Level Up finalists in our gaming pitch competition.

Tournaments
: Lifeblood of the hardcore crowd, and the reason some games are now considered bona fide sports. Compete in one of our many tournaments or watch the pros push themselves to the limit. Finals will take place on a professionally designed, mind-blowing stage.

-Demo new releases, discover indie games, learn about game design programs, shop retailers and artists, all in the Makers section at EGLX!
-Check out the casual game play in the Tabletop Area, Kids Zone, Retro Game Play.
-Spectate the carnage in the eSports section, where competitors compete for the winning title and the ultimate first place prize.

*Form a group, and you can even enter gaming tournaments on site, however the last deadline for team purchases was April 1st. This is a good thought for future interest.
Halo 5 even made the list for the competition: Click here

For anyone in the Toronto region, or those who have any interest in video games, this is definitely something to look into.
Link: http://eglx.ca/

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a phone call about this event, I have a wedding to go to but I will definitely look into this!

Thefabricator, you may meet some new friends!
I'll be honest, I was half tempted to do a day trip for it but with prior events already in the works this year, it'd be a little too costly to drive down.
MikyVengeance, perhaps this could be something to look into for next year with a group? ;)

It appears that this expo is primarily based on game devs hosting panels on how to get into the gaming industry as well the many areas of how a game is brought to life. On top of hosting tournaments for various games, there's something for everyone.

If anyone does happen to check it out this year, definitely keep us posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back