Spartan 88 ( Foam ) Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have ran out of Cardstock, so until i get some more i have been working on the idea of using the Nerf Rayven CS-18 as a base platform for my Halo 4 BR build. So here is what i have come up with so far.

conceptonecopy_zpsa648318d.png

I think NERF guns are the best base for making weapons. But choosing the right one is the prob. If I remember correctly the rayven has a grip much like the AR. Are you planning to trim the grip to make it look more like a BR? I personally would use recon for guns like the BR. Your choice. Good luck!

Attachments

• conceptonecopy_zpsa648318d.png
    conceptonecopy_zpsa648318d.png
    180.2 KB · Views: 993
Hey everyone Happy New Year. With that said i started working on more of my armor parts. I finished Rondo inside my Mark 6 helmet. Now all that is left is bondo on the outside, sand, bondo somemore, sand, prime, bondo, sand and paint. On another note i finished rondo on the inside of the ODST Shoulder pad. Almost done with resin the back armor part. Finished Resining the chest and Boot.

Now i do not have pictures yet of the stuff i have been working on but you can check out the videos i have made on my youtube page here

I will be sure to add photos when i can. Thanks for the support.

Recent update. During January i had an apartment flood and lost my Halo 4 Spartan 4 boots to water damage. Now its June, i am in the middle of paking an getting ready to move into my new place. I am hoping i can get a few friends to hep me out with my build, i feel that i am falling behind on it. For now its been sitting on my shelve just waiting to complete it. In the mean time i may start on my forarms so i can pep those out and get them ready for rondo and such. Would it be a good idea to cut the forearms in half so that i have 2 parts for the forearm then rejoin them with magnets and a two small latches or something.

Re: Halo 4 Spartan (Pic Heavy)

I think my thread deserves some new content. Here is what i have been working on since i moved into my new place. I want to work on my boots but i am having some scalling issues.

Mark 5 Torso
WP_20150115_003.jpg

Mark 6 Forearms
WP_20150115_001.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20150112_011.jpg
    WP_20150112_011.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 394

Love the combination of pieces! Looks good, dude

Thanks. Been using the foam templates found in the file archives. Unfortunitly i am having a bt of trouble scaling my armor to my size. If you know what to do such a thing with foam templates let me know.

I don't have much experience with foam, so I can't help you there unfortunately. But scaling foam files in pepakura designer should work the same if it's foam or paper.

I don't have much experience with foam, so I can't help you there unfortunately. But scaling foam files in pepakura designer should work the same if it's foam or paper.

All the files are pep then i print them out and cut them and trace them to the foam. I had to come up with my own size for the torso. as for everything else its a big trial but i dont want to wast paper or foam.

Working on the boots now. Just finished the front parts of them now just need the heel parts. Then its on to the shins.

WP_20150115_004.jpg

What should i do next, Shins or thighs? Anyone have an idea, what i should do next? I am starting to love this foam stuff, a lot more easier than pepakura lol.

If your working on the boots, I would say it would be easier to do the shins next and work your way up.
Looking pretty good so far too :)

Nice! Gotta say I'm jealous of how crisp the edges have come out on the torso. I'm currently filling and sanding my resined one to get the definition right

I have been using new razor blades that is key. Here is what my boots look like now that they are finished.

WP_20150119_001.jpg

WP_20150119_002.jpg

Looks great, buddy! What are you using around the gaps? Looks like caulking.

Here is my full suit layed out on the floor. All that is left is adding in more detail and cod plates for front and back. Then adding in buckels for thigh parts to waist part. Just need to order a helmet. I might try to make one from foam but i am not sure how its gong to come out.

WP_20150124_001.jpg

Re: Spartan 4 Foam Build

Does anyone know where i can get some help with making a pep file for better for foam?

It's pretty tough if the original model wasn't meant for foam but essentially you just want to remove all the small pieces of the unfold that will be filled because of the thickness of the foam. You will probably just have to finagle it some while putting it together as well.

Ordered one of Jims helmets from Icon Props, looking forward to getting it.

Sweet! I'm currently eagerly awaiting the arrival of one of Chiefbzd's (BMP! Props) undersuit kits as I finish up my model of the Prefect helmet to 3d print.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back