Halo 3 Battle Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
100508.jpg

if you have other weapons (i can tell, i looked at your sig :D ) make them into pep models too, we could use them.

at least, i could

well i think the big question here is are you turning them to pep models for us to make or are you showing off your custom models?

I might make them into pep files. I may send them to a trust worthy veteran who can make the pep file, because I don't want people having the models yet.

So if you are a veteran and want to make a pep file then please contact me. And you can't re build the model from a pep file can you?

the scop is just a tiny bit low
not much, i didnt notice at first but then after staring and comparing i knew something was off

For the record.. some of you are being kinda' rude. Rather than say what you like about the models, you hop right in and pick out what, in your opinion, isn't right about them, and frown over not immediately getting a pep file.

How about some respect folks.. these are some damn fine models here and reflect quite a bit of effort, perhaps you should focus on that, or tell folks what you think's good about it, before offering suggestions about what would make you happy to see.

I'd love to have those models myself.. just so I'd NEED a CNC machine NOW(!!!eleventy-0ne1!!), rather than just want one some day. :)

I'd engrave your name and email address straight into every handle if it meant getting those models to work with, lol.

I'm reluctant to move this thread into the creation areas if there's no costume/prop creation going on. It doesn't belong here though, it's currently "Halo Universe" material, and if Pep becomes availible for these models, I'd hope to see new posts about it over in the creation forums.

There's a sticky that explains why it doesn't belong in the general discussion area (please notice it's title/description, and keep reading the stickies)

good point. I was merely suggesting the possibility of a pepakura version, and if it was, his eventual *metaphorical* love by me :D

Deadguy said:
For the record.. some of you are being kinda' rude. Rather than say what you like about the models, you hop right in and pick out what, in your opinion, isn't right about them, and frown over not immediately getting a pep file.

How about some respect folks.. these are some damn fine models here and reflect quite a bit of effort, perhaps you should focus on that, or tell folks what you think's good about it, before offering suggestions about what would make you happy to see.
They're giving him constructive criticism, without it he would have no idea what to improve on his already great models to make them even more accurate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ph4de said:
They're giving him constructive criticism, without it he would have no idea what to improve on his already great models to make them even more accurate.

Which I agree with 70% (30% says that if they're worked that closely on it, they may be aware of things that you aren't aware of), but that's still not how you approach someone's art from the get go. Once you've made it known that you like it, THEN feel free to say, hey, I think "this" might make it better, telling them what to do..

You go spend a few weeks on something, and then we'll all line up and tell you how to improve it, after being careful NOT to say, "hey.. that looks great". It's not exactly an encouraging responce, ya' know?

You think they unveiled the Mona Lisa and had a guy goin' "duuude.. that chick's got black clothes on.. Shouldn't they be lighter? What's with her nose? I don't think she looks right, didn't you notice the curve of her eye?"

Noone was warned, no one's in-trouble.. I'm just calling attention to it so someone can say "hey, how would I feel about it", and make that tiny little change that makes it more acceptable, rather than chase off MORE of the talented folks that share their stuff with us. As noted elsewhere, our members are getting a reputation for being rude, and I'm just suggesting that SOME of what's been said here is borderline, nothing more.

Please return to the topic.. This side conversation is done. Further arguments if required, will be appreciated on the etiquette thread in the newbie section.. not here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back