How did you find us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
after i beat up chuck norris his last words to me were "you can haz armourz from halozz on 405th.....)
I lol'd hard.
I found the 405th looking for a suit of Halo armor I could purchase. I found something much better and much more valuable in this website and all the wonderful people that are willing to share their knowledge. So i'm glad i'm here.:D

A friend of mine said that he and a friend he met here were going to make Spartan armor for a local Tekkoshocon and invited me to do it too, so I figured I really needed to learn how to do it, but the sheer scope of what some people can do is mind boggling. I hope mine will be up to par. But I'm willing to learn and I never give up.

Was talking to my 12 yr old daughter one day about next year's Halloween costume and she said, "How about Master Chief?" Google for Master Chief, Halo, Armor and here I am. Thanks to everyone that has posted instructions, guides, and Pep files. There is no way I would have found this all out myself.

Originally heard about the 405th by researching some pictures found around the net with a friend who is a halo nut. Heard about it again a few months back on Indymogul.com Finally got started here a couple months ago when I decided to start building an Ironman MkIV suit. Now I am recruiting friends to join as well.

I was browsing youtube and came across a clip from Indy Mogul where they made halo armor and i was fascinated. So i downloaded Pepakura, got the files and decided to start my own project.

i was looking on the internet foe tron legacy pepakura files and i found this. being a huge halo fan i instantly joined since i was well acquainted with the 405th's skill. i had the previous year tried to make a halo 3 roughe helmet from pepakura but i started running out of time so i dropped the project

I have been trolling around this site for months as a guest and finally registered. I found the site out of a desire to learn fiberglass and body work for cars. I wanted to learn how to do some customized parts. I found a video on you tube about making a helmet,and said "ah ha. This is the concept I need." Then I found the 405th. Great site! It doesn't even matter if you like halo, the ideas, concepts, skills, and the teaching that goes on here is phenominal. I am learning allot and I may even try some of the armor before I srat doing stuff to add to my car.

Oh now that I just got a new 360 and kinect with Reach from my bride-to-be for christmas, I feel like I am a kid again. Just can't stay up al night playing Like I did when I was in my 20's.

honesley, i knew of 405th for a few years now. i didnt really get into it until i saw BlueRealms (i think thats the name) Mark VI in the Fall 2010 Halo magazine, and the 405th members on Halo Waypoint at SDCC:2010. so i finally decided to register and try this out for myself, i have learned soo much within 3-4 months and im still finding something new! thank you!

Well It was close to halloween and was looking for a last minute costume, as I played a final round of halo 3 for the night an idea popped in my head I searched google for master chief armor and found this site, quickly became fascinated and tried my very first master chief helmet (it was made from paper and scotch tape I didn't know any better) it turned in to **** :(. read the sickies and tried an halo 2 ODST helmet (correctly this time) and turned out pretty good except for MAJOR worpage, Now currently I'm building a halo 3 ODST suit which I think is turning out pretty good as of now. :)

odly enough i was searcing red faction geurilla pistol, and came across the file that was on here, and realised it was halo modeling. so thanks to RUNDOWN for leading me here with a faint breadcrumb trail

I was looking for Kamen Rider/Super Sentai pepakura files and after a dozen or so failed links I came across this site.

honestly... I am a huge fan of halo, and been trying to make halo armor for a while... but sadly my creativity does not show patients. So seeing what people do and eventually just might see if i could purchase some armor off of an individual.

I would say google, one day i was bored of trollig around the net then boom i found a thread full of halo reach helmets and stuff and i was like no way i got to make myself one and then my new hobby had be born

I was talking with a friend on what kind of costume we should wear for the Warrior Dash on November 19th. I remember seeing a Halo setup and thought it would be neat. When I started shopping around, saw all kinds of Armor. Typical halloween 40 dollar setups, then a 1000 dollar outfit. But, when I read reviews, saw mixed on it. Figured if I was going to wear something that didn't look the best, I'd let it be my own fault. I then started googling DIY Halo armor and ran across the IndyMogul site which referenced the 405th. I'd love to complete my armor by the event, but after looking at all these other builds and methods, I don't know, lol......Loving this site and resources. PLENTY of information without having to create a "how do I thread" for something that appears to have been answered infinite times, lol.

A friend and I have been researching making our own Halo armor for our RvB cosplays. And I found this handy site. I seriously think I'll be making more than just one suit of armor :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back