How did you find us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found out this website by watching a lot of Adam's and Ithica's videos on youtube. I also saw a couple of Lee Keagens projects on another website. I was building pep props and making movie masks at the time. Originally I was making pieces of armor from the costuming wiki. The 405th has a lot (and I mean A LOT) of projects. And not just halo armor, theres also many other types of projects. Its just a remarkable website full of artists and masters. I hope that everyone keeps up the awesome work and keeps inspiring new members to do the same.

i found out about the 405th here
from xXBocephusXx on youtube, thanks to him i have joined this awesome forum =D

Last edited by a moderator:
I found Indy Mogul on Youtube and was looking through some of their videos and found one on halo armour. In the video the talk about the
405th and so here I am!

I was lead here via this set of tutorials, and it recommends posting here with one's progress and questions for advice and help. SO here I am, learning what I can until I can start my helmet build on Friday, when I get the money to get some 110lb cardstock.

A combination of google and youtube searches got me an armor making video (with a lying price estimate xD) and I am glad to have found it :D

I really just randomly wandered in on this site. But I joined because I love looking at the creativity and artistry of the members' armor; and I hope to make my own some day.

it was 3 o'clock in the morning and i was on youtube and typed in make a helmet and boom ithica vid popped up....i hope i spelled his name right....sorrry if i diid.........my badd

mine is the same as Geoat2t... i was up one late night and idk how i stumbled upon a video i belive it was an iron man helmet and then saw a vid about halo armor making thats when i was introduced with pepakura and 405th now im here ^_^

Last year I saw the DIY Indy Mogul video and they mentioned the 405th. Thought about making some armor then, but was thick in schoolwork so I pushed the idea to the "later to do list". A friend of mine mentioned going to the NekoCon with her, and at first I told myself that I wasn't going to make armor because there would be no way I would complete it between now and november. Eventually I changed my mind, and decided to make the armor regardless if I finished in time or not. So, here I am :D

I was lookin space marine armor on google images and while i was reading a few ppls blogs i kept hearing about this amazing place where dreams come true and all you need is some paper and a printer.

I was trying to find someone to build a set of armor, found a video on youtube,(Backyard FX: Halo Armor, Master Chief DIY : BFX : Build) told me to come here and i could learn to build my own.

This is where I heard about you guys. Definitely worth looking into you too.

this was the first i had ever heard of peakura or anything else of the armor building nature. this video is what started me on the 405th track

Google. That's how I find all sorts of cool prop related stuff. This is definitely one of the cooler sights I've stumbled across though.

I stumbled across thorssoli's blog where he had just finished up his haloween costumes, after reading through that it linked here.

Some three years ago, I was searching for ways to make Halo Armor (because I wanted a Spartan costume and was unwilling to spend money on anything as lame as that Rubies piece of crap) I arrived at the site, a full on noob (if the 405th Noobs video on youtube is anything to go by) I've since evolved into a builder in my own right, currently working on my Reach armor.

I have been lurking awhile, first post. I have been into costume and prop building for over 15 years as a hobby. I recently started school to become a professional prop builder at Berea College in Ky. I was an active member on The Dented helmet until ... Well lets just say i didn't like some things. Anyway, I have recently started on a Ranger from Fallout, Purchased all the materials and made a vac-table, nothing to post as of yet though.

i asked my friend where a good place to learn about pepping halo stuff was, and he tolkd me about the 405th. So here I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back