State Of The Mk. Vi Hd-ness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting things happening lately. I've learned that all the HD MKVI pieces left to do are being worked on, or are done.

That's the groin, the thighs, and the shins.
I'm not sure who's working on them, though, or, more importantly, if there will be versions available for John Q. Armorbuilder to build.
Maybe I'm an egotistical freak for thinking this, but it'd be good for halo costuming if there was an HD version of these available.

If it's not going to get released, it would be pretty neat if the folks working on them or people commissioning them would let folks know whether or not they'll be available eventually, and maybe when, so a free version could be worked on.

I'm hopinh they come out... I'm doing top parts first so I'll wait... It'll be like a bust While I wait... :p

I was thinking, and what if BUNGiE used the models that the people here make in game, wouldnt it be like 1000% percent cooler? Or is that even possible?

Keegan said:
I was thinking, and what if BUNGiE used the models that the people here make in game, wouldnt it be like 1000% percent cooler? Or is that even possible?
I don't think they would... Some people base their models off of the Bungie modles...so... They would look really low detail too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vrogy said:
Interesting things happening lately. I've learned that all the HD MKVI pieces left to do are being worked on, or are done.

That's the groin, the thighs, and the shins.
I'm not sure who's working on them, though, or, more importantly, if there will be versions available for John Q. Armorbuilder to build.
Maybe I'm an egotistical freak for thinking this, but it'd be good for halo costuming if there was an HD version of these available.

If it's not going to get released, it would be pretty neat if the folks working on them or people commissioning them would let folks know whether or not they'll be available eventually, and maybe when, so a free version could be worked on.

Funny coming from someone that earlier today offered to make those same pieces and hold them for someone unreleased till Halo-ween or after Dcon. And don't you think that if you don't show all your work that other have the right to work in secret too? I mean you no nothing but they might be being developed right? And is it your right to call someone out since you tried to do the same thing? I have faith that things developed for 405th members usually become public knowledge when the time is right, but it is up to the developer. :cautious:

DoC ByTeS said:
Funny coming from someone that earlier today offered to make those same pieces and hold them for someone unreleased till Halo-ween or after Dcon. And don't you think that if you don't show all your work that other have the right to work in secret too? I mean you no nothing but they might be being developed right? And is it your right to call someone out since you tried to do the same thing? I have faith that things developed for 405th members usually become public knowledge when the time is right, but it is up to the developer. :cautious:

I didn't spill the beans, it was merely a call for them to contact me please, in case it would never become available- there's a precedent for that happening, you know.

Cut the snark and the drama- it's not productive- I'm interested in making this stuff available to everyone, sooner or later. Hell, I as much as said that if it wasn't going to be released I'd do them myself so people could have them.

Vrogy said:
I didn't spill the beans, it was merely a call for them to contact me please, in case it would never become available- there's a precedent for that happening, you know.

Cut the snark and the drama- it's not productive- I'm interested in making this stuff available to everyone, sooner or later. Hell, I as much as said that if it wasn't going to be released I'd do them myself so people could have them.

Why not do them anyway then and there would be more options? And I'm sure that is is common knowledge that everyone wants the missing pieces, I was merely pointing out that if you had a secret project I knew of I wouldn't post a public question on it. It's kinna rude.

We.... want.... HD.....ness....complete..... jks :D

hope they get it completed, anyone have the 3D file for the thighs?

I am sorry but at this time the artists that are helping with my project have decided at this time to not release the files, I wish I could tell you if they will release at some point in the future, but at this time it is up to the artists, and they are not releasing models for public use. As unfortunate as it is, it would be great if you went ahead with your idea to create a set of HD legs and other missing parts for the public as you said you would. I think it is a wonderful idea for you to create the files for use by the public, because you have the ability and the desire to see them completed. I know everyone making Pep armor would appreciate it.

DoC ByTeS said:
I am sorry but at this time the artists that are helping with my project have decided at this time to not release the files, I wish I could tell you if they will release at some point in the future, but at this time it is up to the artists, and they are not releasing models for public use. As unfortunate as it is, it would be great if you went ahead with your idea to create a set of HD legs and other missing parts for the public as you said you would. I think it is a wonderful idea for you to create the files for use by the public, because you have the ability and the desire to see them completed. I know everyone making Pep armor would appreciate it.

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "overreaction intended :D"

As you said, no control for it....

I say the more the merrier :) Guess the 3D artist of the site aren't "Procrastinating" anymore. Doing HD of anything takes time, and a ton of energy.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, it is outright rude to ask "Tell us what your doing", makes it sounds more like a butt-hurt "you drank my cool-aid". Multiple versions for multiple skill levels could be a good idea.

Kinda like the Gundam Models :D High Grade(Beginner) Master Grade(Veteran) Perfect Grade(Expert/Professional)

Skullcandy Girl said:
I say the more the merrier :) Guess the 3D artist of the site aren't "Procrastinating" anymore. Doing HD of anything takes time, and a ton of energy.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, it is outright rude to ask "Tell us what your doing", makes it sounds more like a butt-hurt "you drank my cool-aid". Multiple versions for multiple skill levels could be a good idea.

Kinda like the Gundam Models :D High Grade(Beginner) Master Grade(Veteran) Perfect Grade(Expert/Professional)

BRILLIANT!!!!! [/Guiness]

In otherwords...I agree! :cool:

-TL13

why does it seem that everyone gets so butthurt over everything vrogy says? he was simply asking if those models were going to be released. if they wern t, we were going to make them... people do have things going on in their lives besides the 405th forums, i hate to be the one to break the news.. so modeling something that is going to be released would be a waste of time.

also, Doc, those other parts being made have been spoken about publicly. any secret project you have been told about, out of respect, should remain a private matter. don't worry about vrogy not making his work available, he always does. there is nothing wrong with keeping something on the D.L. until it is ready to be released.

Personally, i think it is really rude to show off your work (especially a pepakura model) and not release a .pdo. the 3d artist loses nothing by this, in-fact they have nothing but gain. their name gets credit for the work and their 3d model is still private, unreleased.
----------

Skullcandy Girl said:
Ooh! Ooh! Someone knows their pra-model. :lol:

dannifood4less said:
also, Doc, those other parts being made have been spoken about publicly. any secret project you have been told about, out of respect, should remain a private matter. don't worry about vrogy not making his work available, he always does. there is nothing wrong with keeping something on the D.L. until it is ready to be released.
----------

Funny you should say that seeing how that he found out the HD where under works by asking if I would buy them from him if he made them and I told him that I had other help on that. They were not spoken publicly till he said something about it. And if that is the case I shouldn't worry, then he shouldn't worry or post about the project that is part mine btw when it is not his matter, true? Plus he was the one to offer the making of them to the public, I merely think it's a great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back