State Of The Mk. Vi Hd-ness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vrogy

So, most of the regulars here know what we have. Some people don't, though.
For the standard Mk. VI Mjolnir armor...
2497882340_b2a5889508.jpg
We still need:
-greaves
-thighs
-codpieces

Now's a good time to stop procrastinating and fire up your modeling program of choice. Shortly, there'll be no more of the core pieces left to do- get it while the getting's good!

This is a great idea, I like the pic.

I am in no way a 3D modeler (I'm working on learning, but that's beside the point) so I really can't tell you how to do what you do, but I suggest adding the inside of the thigh piece, that might be classified as 'soft-armor' but I still think that it's a vital part of the core suit. Maybe whoever does this could make the inner leg a separate piece, or as one, which ever would be easier to do and would look better.

^Just my 2 cents.

i'm glad someone actually pointed out the progress on the entire HD pepakura MC project. This will be good for those who want to see what the whole thing looks like.

and i think Nugget is doing the Belt, but nobody is doing the thigh/shin armor yet.

i cant, i dont have the skills nor the willpower to learn how to use 3ds Max.

Vrogy said:
So, most of the regulars here know what we have. Some people don't, though.
For the standard Mk. VI Mjolnir armor...
2497882340_b2a5889508.jpg
We still need:
-greaves
-thighs
-codpieces

Now's a good time to stop procrastinating and fire up your modeling program of choice. Shortly, there'll be no more of the core pieces left to do- get it while the getting's good![/quote

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently i am making the thighs and code piece. But i will post them with a password and only 405th users will be allowed to use it!!

gamerguy55 said:
This is a great idea, I like the pic.

I am in no way a 3D modeler (I'm working on learning, but that's beside the point) so I really can't tell you how to do what you do, but I suggest adding the inside of the thigh piece, that might be classified as 'soft-armor' but I still think that it's a vital part of the core suit. Maybe whoever does this could make the inner leg a separate piece, or as one, which ever would be easier to do and would look better.

^Just my 2 cents.
Same here I have no idea how in the world to go about making a 3D model, but I respect those that do. And I also agree with gamerguy that whoever does make the thigh piece should include the inner thigh, it looks much better in my opinion.

Same, I really appreciate all the work everyone has done. I just wish there was like a formal donation I could make to the group or something?

has anyone really compiled a list of hd peices

- each helmet variant
- each sholder variant
- each chest variant
- arms completed with hand peices
- foot peices
- legs .. in progress i assume
- diaper... croctch section in pregress also?

thats all i can think of.. we really do need a list off all finished and non finnished pieces compiled and put on a dedicated folder to download off of 405th.com so they never can or corrupt.

This is a very good reference thread. Maybe we should link the files here too and sticky it?

Also, IMO, we should update the pepakura stickies with the new HD models, replacing the older jediFraz models. Just so that noobs don't think the lower polygon models are the only thing there is.

just my 2 cents though

WarHead9705 said:
Currently i am making the thighs and code piece. But i will post them with a password and only 405th users will be allowed to use it!!
.... yeah, or, realistically, one of the hundreds of 405th users will leak the password, and you'll just end up looking like a jerk.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Primal Weyland @ May 16 2008, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>While HD files are good... sometimes I wish people would do more than the Mk VI. I'm in dire need of some Scout pieces >.<</div>Actually already have that and some other stuff in progress.. the next step, of course, is to just do a linked imagemap. Pieces completely missing also need to be pointed out..
Zaso117 said:
Also, IMO, we should update the pepakura stickies with the new HD models, replacing the older jediFraz models. Just so that noobs don't think the lower polygon models are the only thing there is.
A lot of housecleaning needs to happen. 14 stickies is not an easy-to-use forum for sharing knowledge. It's over 1600 posts we expect newbies to read through before asking questions.

Vrogy said:
A lot of housecleaning needs to happen. 14 stickies is not an easy-to-use forum for sharing knowledge. It's over 1600 posts we expect newbies to read through before asking questions.

This is true.
It may sound redundant, but the advances in pepakura have brought us to such higher levels, that we almost need to centralize and compress the best of our knowledge.

(y) I've been here since before we had the pepakura models (any of them) and looking at what has been made here is astounding. Not to mention the incredibly long stickies (is it really over 1600 posts?!? wow we have been busy) House keeping needs to be done in here.

^^^ Agreed.
Can't wait to see the full suit in HD!
I'd like to see some of the other armor variants as well.

I have to agree with Sean and Deadguy. Quite a lot of the stickies are overly long and would probably be better suited to the wiki. WE just need to make it happen. I volunteered to take reference pics to help the wiki along and will look at other areas of it as well (maybe just editing copy so we don't look stupid). I joined here to learn about armor making and costuming in general and have picked up quite a bit of info. I will help here and on the wiki where I can.

As to the state of the HD-ness - If anyone is working on the missing parts reply here with an approximate completion date (if it isn't a secret until it's done). That way all of us and Vrogy will have an idea of when it might be added to the pep index (if the builder allows it).

So! What part is next??

i must say that the belt dosent seem to be the part that we should be concerned about when it comes to HD-atizing. I think many people have their own way on how to put it on when its glassed, whether its cutting it in half or keeping it one piece.

The part that concerns me is the shins, because they are the only real parts we have left to clean up. The Thights, well....we can go 2 ways on that. Either add the inner fins, or keep it open.

im no modeler, but less work is fine by me :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back