how do you make a pep file

Status
Not open for further replies.
import a 3d model from a design software, such as 3ds max, maya, blender, AutoCad, C4D, and tons more.

rvb4life said:
import a 3d model from a design software, such as 3ds max, maya, blender, AutoCad, C4D, and tons more.
can you tell me a little more or point me in the direction of a topic that can?

Last edited by a moderator:
rvb4life said:
Not so fast. Pepakura will open a .3ds file but not the .max, even though both of them are made by AutoDesk. If you are to use 3ds max, the file needs to be saved in .3ds format, not its native .max format. The same thing is true for Maya. Pepakura will only open the following file formats: <ul>[*].3ds (by AutoDesk 3D Studio)[*].lwo (by Lightwave)[*].obj (by Wavefront)[*].dxf (by AutoDesk AutoCad)[*].mqo (by Metasequoia)[*].kmz or .kml (by Google Earth)[*].stl (Binary format)[*].6kt or .6ks (Hexa Great)[/list]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ral Partha @ May 18 2008, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Not so fast. Pepakura will open a .3ds file but not the .max, even though both of them are made by AutoDesk. If you are to use 3ds max, the file needs to be saved in .3ds format, not its native .max format. The same thing is true for Maya. Pepakura will only open the following file formats: <ul>[*].3ds (by AutoDesk 3D Studio)[*].lwo (by Lightwave)[*].obj (by Wavefront)[*].dxf (by AutoDesk AutoCad)[*].mqo (by Metasequoia)[*].kmz or .kml (by Google Earth)[*].stl (Binary format)[*].6kt or .6ks (Hexa Great)[/list]</div>
im getting one called cymo

korekillerking said:
how do i make a pep file wat do i need in the terms of programs and which are the best to use?

Which program is best is hard to say, I use milkshape 3d http://chumbalum.swissquake.ch/
I feel that it works good for me, It's easy to use and can make files that Pepakura can use.
It has a 30 days trial and i suggest you look for online tutorials to learn how to use it.
It well worth its cost.

/Conny

The Swedish Chief said:
Which program is best is hard to say, I use milkshape 3d http://chumbalum.swissquake.ch/
I feel that it works good for me, It's easy to use and can make files that Pepakura can use.
It has a 30 days trial and i suggest you look for online tutorials to learn how to use it.
It well worth its cost.

/Conny
cheers but i cant save it so i cant use it

Pepakura is just a porting software to finish your models and make them a reality. the truth lies with the modeling software.

May i recommend Blender? its fairly easy to use, and its free.

rvb4life said:
Pepakura is just a porting software to finish your models and make them a reality. the truth lies with the modeling software.

you can ill try it now

im lost in it how do i make a power ranger helmet with a monkey face

I use Wings3D for most of what I do for this armor project. (free also)
I find it easier than blender to create and modify my models, far fewer menus and options.
This is just my opinion, no need to tell me I am wrong. I do use blender for other things that are not related to building my armor.

rvb4life said:

I use Blender in my stuff. It's easy once you get the hang of it, which could take a while.

To be honest, you aren't going to be able to learn 3d modeling overnight.

hOw D0 YoU TYpe T3H 3NGlash? d00d I CaNT UNd3rtANd Youz
some people here really need to work on their typing skills...I may have exagerrated a little but
seriously you need to learn how to type....you know who you are...

You could try using a free modeling program like sketchup then look for tutorials

I learned so much from watch the tutorial the trying to make it in the program

I used about 5 different 3d modeling programs and i believe that maya 8.5 is the best and easies to learn. Also it has a easy toolbar and you can get around the program easy and fast.

I use Maya 8.5 too.

But it's 2000$ for the normal version and 7k for the Unlimited one.

Not recommended for your wallet.

Try with Blender, and watch lots of tutorials. You'll get how it works in a few weeks if you work hard enough.

LastSpartan said:
I use Maya 8.5 too.

But it's 2000$ for the normal version and 7k for the Unlimited one.

Not recommended for your wallet.

Try with Blender, and watch lots of tutorials. You'll get how it works in a few weeks if you work hard enough.
thanks but no chance i earn nothing a week so cant im trying with blender and still searching for tutuorils but cant find any decent ones

and spartan could you possibly help meout here as uve got a good one and understand it its not really high deatail like master chiefs stuff its basic if you do accept this so called challenge ill pm u the pics of it and the details

Please, correct your posts before posting them.

You won't do anything as detailed as Master Chief's armor.

You need to learn how to walk before running. (That's the metaphor right?)

No, that one is "Sometimes you need to run before you walk"
What you are looking for is "You need to Crawl before you Walk"

Same thing :p

Is it possible to extract a model from a game and create a Pep that way? I REALLY want to make a Warhammer 40k Suit lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back