Adventurecon 2008 - June 13-15

Status
Not open for further replies.

kensai111

Hello all, hope I posted this in the right section.. I saw other convention postings over in the 405th creation but I didn't feel this really belonged there. Anyhow on the with the information:

www.adventurecon.com

701 Henley St
Knoxville, TN 37902

Opening: Friday: 12pm - 7pm
Saturday: 10am - 6pm
Sunday: 11am - 5pm

Ticket info: $12 Fri. & Sun.
$15 Sat.

Weekend passes: $30 in advance
$35 at the door

Children 6 and under free when accompanied by a paying adult.

Bunch of cool guests this year. Anyone else from the Southeast going to be showing up at this? I'll be there Friday and Saturday if anyone wants to meet up. I've been going every year and there has never been a set of MJOLNIR armor to appear here, usually all the 501st get the show pony treatment. I think it's time for a change eh? ;)

Cheers,
Kensai

kensai111 !! I could not agree more!! I will be attending Adventure Con also!! I have been working on my armor a little every day trying to get it finished! I go every year but this will the first time I go in a costume! I will be there on Saturday!

be sure to post pics of whatever cool things you guys see, including you in your armor ;) , for those of us who can't go :)

hmm... at the moment I'll be in the U.K. but my internship might conflict that and I might be home.. Maybe I can take a few days off and head over

Ronin said:
kensai111 !! I could not agree more!! I will be attending Adventure Con also!! I have been working on my armor a little every day trying to get it finished! I go every year but this will the first time I go in a costume! I will be there on Saturday!

Excellent man, Glad I won't be going solo this year. Got any pics of your armor variant? I won't be hard to find, the only yellow MJOLNIR armor that looks like he fought the entire covenant on the way over.. ;) Hey also man, I'm going to be giving the Children's Hospital next door a call and see if it's ok I roll on over and visit the sick kids. I always try to make an effort to do something good with any professional costume variant I make. So if you'd like to come, you don't have to, feel free to tag along.

ShearMe said:
be sure to post pics of whatever cool things you guys see, including you in your armor ;) , for those of us who can't go :)

For sure, I'll make sure my roommate brings his camera and snaps the event for you all.

volkov said:
hmm... at the moment I'll be in the U.K. but my internship might conflict that and I might be home.. Maybe I can take a few days off and head over

We'd love to have you over man. As much as I love the 501st, it gets a little old, if you look at the fan groups coming to Adventurecon it's like 6 501st regiments and 1 Stormship Trooper regiment.

mooseguy04 said:
i hope i can come. i live in the ATL a state down. i'll see if i can come

Make it happen, if you got armor atleast come Saturday for the costume contest. Time for someone in the 501st to not win EVERY year in the sci-fi section... Come to think of it.. I don't even know what category MC fits in. They don't have a videogame section so I'm assuming they'll put us in the Sci-Fi section.

Last edited by a moderator:
I might be going to Adventure Con. I'm only like 1.5 hours away.

Although, if I go, I'll be dressed as Dark Phoenix instead of MC since I haven't sported that costume yet this year :)

Vexona said:
I might be going to Adventure Con. I'm only like 1.5 hours away.

Although, if I go, I'll be dressed as Dark Phoenix instead of MC since I haven't sported that costume yet this year :)

Right on, You got the looks for it for sure. Hope you decide to come.

Cheers,
Kensai

xalener said:
You guys don't know Gearbox very well, do you?

i dont have my armor ready, so it will probable just be me, maybe my AR
-not sure if i can go yet

Figured with AdventureCon less then a week away I'd revive this topic just to see if any other members plan on attending? As for right now definite goings are only myself and Ronin with a possible appearance of Vexona and mooseguy04. What say ye?

Cheers,
Kensai

Yup I have plans to go to the Saturday showing. My fiance' has friends in Knox-vegas so we will probably travel down there together and show up to the con around 1-2 since the adult costume contest is at 4.

I still have some last minute sewing, but heck I'll probably finish that tonight. I just need to go buy some more shimmery gold fabric and make my belt sash w/ the little phoenix clip to go on it.
I just ordered my special fx lenses with 2 day shipping so they should be here in plenty of time.

What colors are each of your suits? I'm sure I'll figure out who-is-who anyway though ;D

But yeah, I am getting pretty excited for this convention. This will be the first time I've worn this costume :).
I hope that, coincidentally, the past 5 months of strength training and cutting weight for mma will have paid off. If you eat cookies, lycra tells on you ._. lol I've used that as some degree of motivation.

I may post a pic of my finished costume in case someone else is going as Jean Grey/Phoenix.

I'm not sure if my fiance will dress up. He has leather Lorica Segmentata, but it's so hot he may not want to sport it hehe. I think it would be cute if he'd dress up like Wolverine or Deadpool though :)

Vexona said:
Yup I have plans to go to the Saturday showing. My fiance' has friends in Knox-vegas so we will probably travel down there together and show up to the con around 1-2 since the adult costume contest is at 4.

I still have some last minute sewing, but heck I'll probably finish that tonight. I just need to go buy some more shimmery gold fabric and make my belt sash w/ the little phoenix clip to go on it.
I just ordered my special fx lenses with 2 day shipping so they should be here in plenty of time.

What colors are each of your suits? I'm sure I'll figure out who-is-who anyway though ;D

But yeah, I am getting pretty excited for this convention. This will be the first time I've worn this costume :).
I hope that, coincidentally, the past 5 months of strength training and cutting weight for mma will have paid off. If you eat cookies, lycra tells on you ._. lol I've used that as some degree of motivation.

I may post a pic of my finished costume in case someone else is going as Jean Grey/Phoenix.

I'm not sure if my fiance will dress up. He has leather Lorica Segmentata, but it's so hot he may not want to sport it hehe. I think it would be cute if he'd dress up like Wolverine or Deadpool though :)

Cool glad to make it an official 3 on the list. Ronin is standard MC Green and I'm Lime Gold Kandy http://www.kustomkolorpaints.com/kustomkolor/aerosol.jsp with black secondary. I know what you mean about the Lycra -.- .. I cut out my exercising time for armor making.. lets just say MC D's doubles don't do the chief justice, luckily the tummy tucker velcro pieces on my underarmor makes me look good again. I'm sure I'll sweat it all off the first day anyhow ^^. I'll be there Friday 3 til ? and Saturday from 2 til ?

Cheers,
Kensai

Awesome. I like that Lime Gold Kandy color!

And yeah I'm sure the Adventurecon weekend will indeed be a scorcher XD. It's 93 here today...yowza.

Can't wait to see everyone :)

Wow Kensai, if I'd known it was in Knoxville, I would have made plans to go too. I'm a bit north, but definitely could have made it. Darn...

Btw, I think yesterday I told you you'd need 2 9v batteries. Well, it's actually 4, 2 for the fans. Just wanted to let ya know.

Gokussj5okazu said:
Wow Kensai, if I'd known it was in Knoxville, I would have made plans to go too. I'm a bit north, but definitely could have made it. Darn...

Btw, I think yesterday I told you you'd need 2 9v batteries. Well, it's actually 4, 2 for the fans. Just wanted to let ya know.

It's not this weekend, but rather, the one after. Maybe you could still go? Although, I guess it is about a 7 hour drive ;_;

Vexona said:
Awesome. I like that Lime Gold Kandy color!

And yeah I'm sure the Adventurecon weekend will indeed be a scorcher XD. It's 93 here today...yowza.

Can't wait to see everyone :)

Oh for sure, I bought a $50 cooling unit with tubing for under my armor and Mr. Gokussj5okazu is hooking me up with my dual fans. Add in the HeatGear Underarmour.. and well.. I might just survive my first con as a chief. I need to bring a bunch of water .. if you're reading this Ronin we should talk about hydration. Any tips from you guys on this? I was thinking about packing some canteens on my belt..

Gokussj5okazu said:

Cool deal man, can't wait for it all to arrive. You should really come down man.. Friday the 13th with Jason.. c'mon ;)

Can't wait to see you guys there. Anyone else going? Keep me posted.

Cheers,
Kensai

des0lat3 said:
i should be there in my white armor.. cant wait to see you guys there

Oh cool deal, what days you attending? I think it'd be pretty cool if we could all meet up and make our entrance as a whole and rep the 405. The 501st always hog the entrance it'd be nice to let them someone new is in town ;)

Cheers,
Kensai

Sounds like the word is getting out!! I am working like crazy to get my completed!! As far as cooling I am putting dual fans in my helmet. I hope this is enough to keep my noggin cool! I don't have a cooling unit for my armor though, guess I will have to tough it out! :cry:

@kensai111 What time are going to be there?

@des0lat3 I hope you can be there! I agree with kensai111 the 501st are ALWAYS the BIG show!

well i want to go down friday afternoon but it may be saturday morning.. i havent decided yet.. i can pm you my cell phone number or something and we can meet up when i get there and we can enter together in suit.. are you staying at the Holiday Inn next door..? i am part of the 501st so i may hang out with them a bit.. they are a big part of this con..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back