Reference Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadguy

All picture packs are pictures I've taken in-game, and are HALO 3 only.

Don't use them for color references because on many of them, I lightened the screen in-order to show more detail. All of the pictures have been zipped-up because I'm trying to prevent bandwidth problems. Basically, you download the zip files, extract the images and look through/print them out at your leisure. I'm going to try and keep this thread updated with additions.

I suggest using RIGHT-CLICK and "Save Target AS" for those who are able to.

Marines Zip File uploaded on 05/21/08 -- 30 pictures --
Pics taken on "Sierra 117", shows variants including some marines with no chest pouches, cap instead of helmet, and no shoulder armor.

Pilot Zip File uploaded on 05/21/08 -- 28 images of a dead (bloodied) Pilot from a Hornet on "The Ark". The costume matches a Pelican dropship Pilot. Plus 12 images of the pilot within the Pelican Cockpit.

ODST Zip File uploaded on 05/21/08 -- 18 Pictures -- ODST pics from "The Covenant" level.
**ODST2 Zip File uploaded on 05/22/08 -- 30 Pictures -- from "The Ark" (these pics are not in the other ODST archive)

Section Uniform Zip File uploaded on 05/21/08 -- 14 images -- Section Uniforms as seen at the beginning of the "Crows Nest" level. I'm calling them "section" because it's what's written on their uniforms. Notice that their hands are "pale" regardless of facial skin tones. White gloves (with fingernails attached)? Also notice that I got every color variant that was there when I took the pictures, BUT, my images are often lightened, and shouldn't be used as an indication of true color, merely approximate coloring.

Spartan Mark VI Zip File uploaded on 05/21/08 -- 8 regular pictures plus 37 "underarmor focused" pictures
Basic Spartan Uniform, Multiplayer version. Future updates will include Permutations, and Campaign version of Spartan uniform. I don't have recon armor, or the Hayabusa Sword permutations, but I have friends that have them, and hopefully I'll been able to make those permutations visible here. This first Batch is definately weak, and has CQB shoulders on to reveal more of the undersuit.

NEW---------
**Spartan- Security Shoulders Zip File uploaded on 05/22/08 -- 14 pictures
Did these in a hurry for someone who needed them. :) Unfortunately, they're Red shoulders on a Red suit, but I took care to make sure you could see the edges. (also, for the record Avalanche is a great place for getting pics)
---------------

TraxusUniform uploaded on 05/21/08 -- 11 pictures Also referred to as Traxus Security by some, these are the "civilians" encountered on "The Storm". Please note that they all carried pistols, wore a construction helmet, and had a pistol holder on their thighs... Even though during the game they sometimes got excited about having a gun to shoot.

NEW---------

Halo 3 Prop Reference Pics
**Brute Chieftain Red Zip File uploaded on 05/24/08 -- 81 monstrous images!
---------------

Assault Rifle Zip File uploaded on 05/21/08 -- 26 images

**Sniper Rifle Zip File uploaded on 05/22/08 -- 25 images

---------------------------------------------------------------
Vrogy is also working on a References section for the Wiki: http://halocostuming.wikia.com/wiki/References

He has a lot of stuff that he's almost ready to upload. He's given me a list of weapons and stuff to go after for him for that, to basically complete it. I think that's going to be a great resource, and if it includes all my stuff, I'm probably going to let this thread fade as he get's mine listed.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Doom has done reference pics too, but I'm unaware of any Halo 3 ones for inclusion here.

I know there's more than this on here, but I'm not finding them.. please post links to any Halo 3 reference pic threads. Also, if you have requests, post 'em here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't we have an "Armor Reference Pictures" in the gallery to organize the different armors weapons and for this purpose. Nice to think of zipping references up though for those 56ker still around.

Yeah, we do.. this is just another resource. You can never have too many reference pics. :)

I did 90 images in 3 days, plus 50 more I did yesterday.. It's a little easier to group them in Zip files and right-click them onto my site than it would be to sit and upload each one.

Also, personally, I find it useful to get a bunch of pics onto my computer and loop them in slideshows as a screensaver at fullscale... helps me track the details from view to view and keep it in my mind all day, and then register it all in my sleep. It helps develop your costuming eye to do it that way..

Plus it's easier to keep track of updates, and easier to make notes that apply to 30 something pictures at the same time.

As the packs go onto the Wiki, I'll remove them from this thread anyways. If anyone want's to unpack and load them onto the gallery, they're more than welcome to.

Different strokes for different folks.

Deadguy said:
If anyone want's to unpack and load them onto the gallery, they're more than welcome to.
Uploaded the Marine files so far, moving onto the Pilot now.

All 40 of the Pilot pics have been uploaded.

I've put them into the Marine album as there doesn't seem to be a seperate one for them.

rut roh.. I dunno' if they should get lumped in like that.. they're similar but that'd suck to get them mixed up when you're working on them.

Nevermind.. I went and looked, and it quickly became obvious; The pilot is basically a marine with a pilot Helmet and Chest plate permutation.. Are there other differences that anyone noticed on those two?

I can't add a category to the Gallery because I don't have admin control.

Hey, thanks for the mirror offer.. I don't know if it's needed right now or not.. I think Vrogy is going to actually host it when it hits the Wiki.. so my page will see very little traffic.

I only put them in there as there were other pilot images in there.

Although if an Admin does get around to making new albums the Section and Traxus (perhaps a Civilian album) pics could use a home.

Edit: ODST and Mark VI done.

Deadguy said:
Hey, thanks for the mirror offer.. I don't know if it's needed right now or not.. I think Vrogy is going to actually host it when it hits the Wiki.. so my page will see very little traffic.

Alright, if it is needed, though, I'll be open ;)

I crosslinked all the PDO's and Ref Pics, and changed the Reference page layout on the Wiki.. if anyone see's the need for changes, or want's to add anything.. just holler.

Be sure to check out the talk tab on there.. to see what's coming, and see if there's something you either need, or want to help out with.

It's ambitious.. that's for sure. lol

added: plasma grenade references, more ODST pics, more marine pics, more missile pod pics, all the shorts and the "Starry Night" promo.. in HD.

added: plasma grenade references, more ODST pics, more marine pics, more missile pod pics, all the shorts and the "Starry Night" promo.. in HD.

Especially more pics with the attachments on the side and frontal parts of the helmet too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back