Tutorial: How to use Pepakura to make your Mjolnir Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I downloaded Moz's Mark V pep files and it shows the built model on the left, but not the individual pieces on the right. When you click unfold, the individual pieces come up, but there is no way to space them out between different pages. Maybe the files are meant to be printed on one page. Also, do the parts come labelled so you know what pieces you are assembling?

Shane101095 said:
Do you know were I can download either the Grunt Armor or The entire Hunter Armor or even both?

Use the board's search function.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shane101095 said:
Do you know were I can download either the Grunt Armor or The entire Hunter Armor or even both?

Thanks

I know there are some hunter armor pieces at the halo costuming wiki

This tutorial is very well written but I've got a problem. The only version of Pepakura Viewer that I can download is version Pepakura Viewer 3 and obviously you were using a different version when writing this tutorial. Thus, my version and your tutorial don't match and I can't figure out how to get it working. :(

I'm using an Intel mac with Bootcamp to have access to Windows XP. I have a printer connected to my computer but I don't know how or if I can access it via Windows. I've got Pepakura Viewer 3 and a MC-Helmet.pdo file to use.

Okay, I need to open the file, scale it to my size, make sure the print and paper settings are correct, and then print. I've opened the file but I don't know how to scale it or change the settings indicated in the tutorial since the version is different. However, I'm very noob at using Windows and it's pretty confusing to me, please add ample detail to any instructions that you give me! :)

I'd like to get this fixed but if I can't, I'm open to someone giving me the properly scaled mac PDF file for me to print...

THANKS!

And I'm sorry for necro-posting. I couldn't help it because I can't create new threads(?). :)

That not a necro post, not enough time has past between yours and the one above you. A true necropost would be if the one above yours was dated in march or april. :)

I got a Pep 2 viewer if you'd like it

Jarhead said:
That not a necro post, not enough time has past between yours and the one above you. A true necropost would be if the one above yours was dated in march or april. :)

I got a Pep 2 viewer if you'd like it

I'd LOVE it! :)

I misread the date... :rolleyes Blast...

Jarhead said:
send me a pm with where to send it :)

Wait a minute... let's see if I can save you the time... I have an idea.

Edit:

Yes! I found it.

Sorry about that... I thought of a new way to search it up and I got a link to it.

You did help though, I had looked up "Pepakura Viewer 2" but you called it "Pep 2 viewer." So, I googled "Pepakura 2 Viewer download" and I found a link to it.

THANKS!

Edit 2:

Darn. Still no success, even with Pepakura 2 Viewer. :( I don't understand, nothing seems to match with the tutorial and it doesn't print.

I'm getting incredibly frustrated! :(

Any advice?

Has anyone worked with the HD MarkVI Helmet file from DanniFood4Less located in the halo wiki http://halocostuming.wikia.com/wiki/Pepakura_File_Index#Mjolnir_Mark_VI? I have reviewed the scale guides posted and their results offered a scale between 25 or 30. This file has a default scale of 12.71. I located Dannifoods4less in the member list, but he has been inactive for sometime. I have been unable to locate detailed information about the conversions needed for scaling. I have the height in inches /86 * current scale, but I do not think that conversion is applicable to this file. That would produce a factor of 11.1. Any input or feed back from experience from this file would be great. Reversing the calculations, (height in inch=x) x/86=y (scale factor): y*30.342=your correct scale ratio, the default setting of 12.71 would have dannifood4less at 36 inches tall..

Infantry-Spartan said:
Wait a minute... let's see if I can save you the time... I have an idea.

Edit:

Yes! I found it.

Sorry about that... I thought of a new way to search it up and I got a link to it.

You did help though, I had looked up "Pepakura Viewer 2" but you called it "Pep 2 viewer." So, I googled "Pepakura 2 Viewer download" and I found a link to it.

THANKS!

Edit 2:

Darn. Still no success, even with Pepakura 2 Viewer. :( I don't understand, nothing seems to match with the tutorial and it doesn't print.

I'm getting incredibly frustrated! :(

Any advice?

Hmm, I'll have to look up that tute and see what it says, it may be using the designer, not the viewer.

Edit - Found why the tutorial pics and the viewer ones don't match,

Part I: Downloading Pepakura

To download Pepakura, you will need to visit the URL below, which is Pepakura's website:

http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/

From here, you will want to select "Download" from the left. Once on the download page, select Pepakura Designer. Once that is selected, follow the download and installation instructions on that page.

you need to get the designer to make things match up. I'll have to look up the printing issue.

Great tutorial, finally found ONE idea which doesn't cost a fortune :)...

Had to restart on the helmet twice up till now, first time BAD GLUEING, second time WRONG SCALE, hope third time's the charm!

hi there. i just joined and i am just getting in some basics on everything. i am just curious if there is a guide updated to V3 (some tabs are gone/moved) im making due w/o them but i dont wanna screw anything up....any leads?

PS. if there isnt one, how do i do step IV:take away the grey in V3? thank you !

hey i downloaded your pep file for the helmet and i put it all together and i dont know if its to big?can you help me out?

thanks =]

I need help with scaling and printing. This is my first set of armor and I opened the helmet file, scaled it with the equation, but when I printed the pages, they didn't fit on the paper. I changed it from A4 to letter, the margins to 5mm, and the pieces are all in the lines but nothing is working and it always gets cut off. I'm using 110lb. cardstock and its 8 1/2x11. Has this happened to anyone else?

I'm sorry if I worded what I was trying to say wrongly, I was saying there was something wrong with my printer and why it isn't printing the whole piece on the page. What happens is I put all the pieces into the boxes in pepakura and they are scaled correctly but when I print them, a pop up comes up and says my printer has to rescale the pieces to fit but the format is already in letter.

KyleZ said:
What happens is I put all the pieces into the boxes in pepakura and they are scaled correctly but when I print them, a pop up comes up and says my printer has to rescale the pieces to fit but the format is already in letter.

This means that there is a mismatch in the paper/printer settings. Make sure that the orientation (portrait or landscape) in the Paper and Printer Configuration is the same as the one in the Printer Setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back