Tutorial: How to use Pepakura to make your Mjolnir Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, after you get into it, this is really fun. I may have to do this for other armors too.

But can anyone tell me how I'd go about Priming/Fiberglassing it?

I'm fiberglass-phobic, but this (I assume) would make it a bit easier.^^;

JediFraz,

Maybe I missed it in the thread, but how did you get the 3d models? What if I wanted to do say the Elite armor, how do I get a high res 3d model to use?

Thanks

I have a mate (Pug50) working on the elite. However biggest problem with the eilte is the extra leg joint. You'll need to figure that out first.

With the HaloEditingKit plus you can pull the .gbxmodels from the game (Only H1 works) Then use fireres batch files to pull the .bitmap textures. The use a 3d editing program to combine the two, once that's done you use said 3D program to isolate individual armour pieces then export them as .3ds files. Once you did that then you use pepakura to convert 'em to 2D templates.

If it sounds complicated... It is.

Thanks. I was lloking at the guy who did the Elite costume and it seemed like the under-suit is stuffed to take shape for the leg joints. The armor is just attached on top. The only models I found though don't have much resolution, especially in the helmet area.

The guy whose elite costume won that prize has special stilts that add the extra bone look. Making stilts like those is actually pretty easy; you build the regular stilts - a couple of sticks and some lashings, pretty much - then you create the illusion of a leg by shaping it out of foam. I think in the post about him they explain how it's done. Actually pretty simple. You could do it in a few hours maybe with the right stuff. I'm fine being a human super-soldier, though, thanks.

Body placement
humanelite.jpg

As you can see in the picture posted by redslieghdown, the knees are really the guy's ankles, there are stilts underneath his feet with foam structure on them, and the head is more like a hat (his head is in the neck). Papercraft isn't much help with that sort of thing. You're not going to be able to make something strong enough to hold you up out of card. The armour would be easy, because there's not much on an elite (compared to a spartan); If you really are serious about this, I suggest you go through the molded armour thread and start your own about replicating the elite costume.

Putting them together:

You find the number one on one pattern, you connect it to the other number one on the other pattern. Then, you do number two. You connect that one to number two as well. But number three, watch out for that one! It also connects to number three.

This isn't rocket surgery. :bendover: :gun5:

Fold the "peak lines" out and the "valley lines" in.

Oh, and to connect the numbers, you can use tape, glue, or soda pop. Your choice.

link4044 said:
you dont have to use stilts for it...angle your feet
You kinda would seeing as the foot isn't long enough to occupy the lower leg and foot of a 4 meter tall alien. Anyway, Where would there be places where you could print out images on a sheet of plastic?

Last edited by a moderator:
Instead of another thread, thought id just stick this in here

Ok so, I have the Mark V helmet pep style and have input my scale and it has gone for being a one page helmet to i dont know how many pages, help?
MarkV.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back