Uk Product Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this product has been mentioned yet. I've read this thread a few times but can't remember.

I went down to Halfords today to exchange my Isopon P40 for P38. When I got there I noticed a body filler called U-POL easylite. It has the same make-up and properties as P38 but is £2 cheaper!! Not only that but you get 750ml for £8.99 whereas with P38 you only get 600ml for £10.99.

I was impressed, every penny counts right? I'll be posting my results using this product in my RG helmet thread. ;) Just thought I'd mention it here.

Skupilkinson said:
I'm not sure if this product has been mentioned yet. I've read this thread a few times but can't remember.

I went down to Halfords today to exchange my Isopon P40 for P38. When I got there I noticed a body filler called U-POL easylite. It has the same make-up and properties as P38 but is £2 cheaper!! Not only that but you get 750ml for £8.99 whereas with P38 you only get 600ml for £10.99.

I was impressed, every penny counts right? I'll be posting my results using this product in my RG helmet thread. ;) Just thought I'd mention it here.
is that the stuff in the bright yellow pot?

if so it isnt that amazing, pretty tough to sand

Last edited by a moderator:
I see that lots of people in the pepakura/cardboard forums recommend elmers brand glue which is in the US but I bought some today quite cheaply. Elmers glue is just the same as any other craft glue. I'm quite sure places like hobbycraft will have it in. For some reason I got mine out of a gardening centre! :p

SparTom007 said:
I see that lots of people in the pepakura/cardboard forums recommend elmers brand glue which is in the US but I bought some today quite cheaply. Elmers glue is just the same as any other craft glue. I'm quite sure places like hobbycraft will have it in. For some reason I got mine out of a gardening centre! :p

hot glue is reccomended.

and you can buy that anywhere in england.

Zenzeigan said:
hot glue is reccomended.

and you can buy that anywhere in england.
I know, I am gonna use that for the final version. I already have a hot glue gun! Thanks anyway :D

SparTom007 said:
I know, I am gonna use that for the final version. I already have a hot glue gun! Thanks anyway :D

so ur a brit then?

good to see more english members

That's where I went wrong. I wrote down a shopping list and got P40. It was later that Smilie120 told me that it was fibreglass filler. It's meant for filling in large rust holes and damage. Then P38 is used to smooth it out as it's a finer grade and easier to sand down.

Still lesson learned. Plus I found out the mistake before trying to use any.

Thanks Smilie120! :D

Oh, I still haven't tried out that U-POL stuff I mentioned a few posts back. As soon as I know what it's like, I'll post it here. ;)

Skupilkinson said:
That's where I went wrong. I wrote down a shopping list and got P40. It was later that Smilie120 told me that it was fibreglass filler. It's meant for filling in large rust holes and damage. Then P38 is used to smooth it out as it's a finer grade and easier to sand down.

Still lesson learned. Plus I found out the mistake before trying to use any.

Thanks Smilie120! :D

Oh, I still haven't tried out that U-POL stuff I mentioned a few posts back. As soon as I know what it's like, I'll post it here. ;)

yea, i saw the U-POL on halfords site. when i run out of P38 ill give that a try

Here is some good cheap card. Its not as thick as 110lb cardstock like in US but is over twice as thick as our paper.
It is on A4, 160gsm, 250 sheets for £7.28 from amazon. Here is the link.
I haven't tried it yet but it should be fine once you reinforce it or you could reinforce it as you go along!
If you keep going along searching A4 card there is a make on amazon called adagio and it comes in different colours but is about the same price for the same amount of sheets and same gsm.
Here is some thicker 200gsm card at £16 for 250 sheets.
Here is what looks like the same as above but is only about £11!
Here is some of the above brand for about £13.
Here is a list of possible products you could use. Make sure the paper isn't glossy or photo paper!

Hope this helps

SparTom

Night_Star said:
nice find on the segment LCDs.

funny there's a maplins near me yet i never noticed it till i saw the site lol

Maplins don't have a blue LCD, RS Components are the ones for them. I put a link further up, they have stores like Maplins (not as many) or order online.

They aim more towards the professional market.

Hey guys, remember my topic where I said I had hit a roadblock in the way of my parents not letting me use resin because its too dangerous. Well, I persuaded them to let me use resin but now they say I can't use fibreglass though! They say its not that I can't, its just too expensive! Is this true? In the US it seems to be quite cheap for what it is! I mean, you only use a couple of layers of fibreglass don't you (please answer this question)?

Can someone please tell me the prices for different amounts of fibreglass here in the UK. I am sure it won't be too expensive and will be even cheaper at local garage shops!

Thanks

SparTom

Skupilkinson said:
It's cheap. I think I paid £1.99 or something for a square metre. That was enough for two helmets.
Thanks, I ordered some card off amazon yesterday and it came today! My glue is still in the car though from about a week ago lol! I'll get it tonight and start cutting and printing stuff today! gonna start with either an AK 47, a D-eagle, a P-90, a Browning MMG (all from kamikazu set) or some halo weapons! Probably deagle (start small) then if all goes well MMG baby!

Captain Swoop said:
Maplins don't have a blue LCD, RS Components are the ones for them. I put a link further up, they have stores like Maplins (not as many) or order online.

They aim more towards the professional market.

Sorry mate but your missinformed. I bought about a billion extra bright blue 5mm 'LED's from the Maplins website.

here's the link: http://www.maplin.co.uk/search.aspx?pctitl...amp;classtype=M
Blue ones are code NO4BB. They're perfect for the helmet lights. ;)
helmfront-1-1.jpg

I think Captain Swoop was talking about 7-segment displays for ammo counters etc.

However, those LEDs do look perfect for Helmet lights so I'll make sure they get added to the first post :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back