Uk Product Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quicky. Was getting some U-pol Fibral Sanaable Glass fibre repair paste when I noticed the catalyst's active ingredient was Dibenzoyl Peroxide. The same as David's Fastglass hardner.
I asked they guy and he confirmed. It's the same stuff. So you can use the same catalyst for both. No point in opening both..:)

Don't know if anybody else knew this but I thought I'd post it anyway.

Hi guys, if there is any one in the devon area, i have found a place in Exeter that sells all types of fibreglass and resins crazly cheaper then any where else...for example i got

3ltrs of high quailty resin, loads of liquid harder and 3x1.5m of glass matt
all for the grand total of..... £14..... :lol: oh yes please...i think im going back there again, if you would like the details if please feel free to PM me

The whole point in having a UK product thread is to spread the information...

Who's the supplier, do they have a website?

JediFraz said:
The whole point in having a UK product thread is to spread the information...

Who's the supplier, do they have a website?

Its only beacuse there a small GRP workshop in Exeter called Devon Mouldings Ltd (www.devonmouldings.com)
and as they do dont sell glass or resin on there website you would have to vist them directly, and i didnt think any one else is that close to exeter, my apologies JediFraz.

(see website for address)

Demon 2005

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody know the number of the UK BS Standard which covers vapour and or particulate respirators suitable for resin-ing and fibreglassing?

I think the European standards for respirators suitable for resin vapor and fibreglass particulates are EN141 and EN143.

Hope that's what you're looking for :D

have great news for those who want to know www.sculpt.com will gladly export Aqua Resin to the UK (due to no current UK suppliers) and i'm placing my order next week

i'm gonna follow Skullcandy and get the small pack first, will post import costs when i place my order

Cool. Thanks Raven... If you could post prices that'd be really usefull.
I emailed east coast fibreglass about importing it but never heard back.

Hey guys, Has anyone found a uk alternative to truck bed spray? i havent found it anywhere so far and it looks like a good way of reinforcing the card before glassing.

howdy guys.

can anyone reccomend where to get some strapping and buckles to hold my armour together- ebay never seems to have black webbing, and Acesupplies.co.uk sells it for about 20 quid for 50 metres. i dont need 50 metres of course, so i dont want to waste a whole £20 or so.

cheers.

You could try Sewing shops or Outdoor/Hiking shops.

Failing that, sell the remainder here.. I know I'll be needing strapping soon.
Group Order?

Thought I'd should stick in here that Jesmonite is very very similar to Aqua Resin if you're looking for a non-toxic, non-flammable water based casting and laminating solution in the UK or Europe (no nasty fumes).

Jesmonite is available on eBay or there are a few UK distributors. Make sure you buy the liquid and the powder, as they are generally sold separately in much the same way as Aqua Resin.

You can use Jesmonite with fibreglass surface tissue for laminating although there is also a special Quadaxial mat available which is specifically designed for water based resin.

Here's some Pepakura with card and Jesmonite: http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16699

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back