Uk Product Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!

This may sound really lazy but i bought a clone complete armour set from someone who makes them. Is there anyone doing armour and kit for a halo ODST or basic soldier that i could PM? I will put the hard work in fitting and weathering etc...but have no skill or means to create my own.

I would love to troop with the 405th and willing to make the effort needed..

Any advise or help out there in the Uk?

Paul.

Helibor said:
Hi all!

This may sound really lazy but i bought a clone complete armour set from someone who makes them. Is there anyone doing armour and kit for a halo ODST or basic soldier that i could PM? I will put the hard work in fitting and weathering etc...but have no skill or means to create my own.

I would love to troop with the 405th and willing to make the effort needed..
Any advise or help out there in the Uk?

Paul.

These are your guys for ODST stuff-
Mostly all the pieces (Helmet, shoulders, legs, chest ect) - Link4044
Shoulder pieces- P0rtalman
Helmet- Rube

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone is near or in bristol sometime stop by my work place

30042009111.jpg

summer time = carboard box heaven
other bits normally seen , thick long piping , some electric parts about it

also cheap sale on mouse sanders atm . £22.49
not including my discount there

Hi all

I'm just about ready to get some bodyfiller for that stage, but I don't really know what I'm looking for. Halfords have U-Pol, Loctite, Davids, and Plastic Padding Ultima and each of them has different types of filler. Can someone point me to the right stuff? Should I specifically be looking for "easy sand" stuff, or what?

Help much appreciated!

ArcherShadow said:
Hi all

I'm just about ready to get some bodyfiller for that stage, but I don't really know what I'm looking for. Halfords have U-Pol, Loctite, Davids, and Plastic Padding Ultima and each of them has different types of filler. Can someone point me to the right stuff? Should I specifically be looking for "easy sand" stuff, or what?

Help much appreciated!

A bit late, but if you can find Isopon-40 Easy-Sand, go for it. It sands a dream.

Hey guys,

Wondered which of these body fillers you would most recommend? Heading out to pick some up tomorrow from Halfords and didn't want to choose something I'd regret!

- U-Pol Quick Sand

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_172133_langId_-1_categoryId_165625

^^Sounds good, has anyone used it?

- U-Pol Easy Lite

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_172173_langId_-1_categoryId_165625

- David's Isopon P38 Kit

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_167503_langId_-1_categoryId_165625

^^ This one gets a lot of praise, is it worth it?

UPOL easy sand, get the big tub it works out cheaper in the long run and it's easy to work with. I used to use ISoPON P38 but Neil Gorton of millenium FX put me onto UPOL. they are pretty much the same product but i do find UPOl a lot easier to sand and shape. Hope this helps

i got David's Isopon P38 Kit yesterday so im going to give that a try :D. Deffo wear a mask though, i opened it to see what its consistency was like in the store and it stank.

tarsus said:
UPOL easy sand, get the big tub it works out cheaper in the long run and it's easy to work with. I used to use ISoPON P38 but Neil Gorton of millenium FX put me onto UPOL. they are pretty much the same product but i do find UPOl a lot easier to sand and shape. Hope this helps

Aweesome, thanks Tarsus! I was kind of hoping that someone would say that the Quick Sand one was good because it sounded like the easiest one to work with. I'll get a tub of that, thanks again! :]

mightymints said:
i got David's Isopon P38 Kit yesterday so im going to give that a try :D . Deffo wear a mask though, i opened it to see what its consistency was like in the store and it stank.

HAHAA I KNOOOOOW! My grandad had a load not long ago and we were in the garden and it literally STUNK my clothes out for the rest of day! I have two respirators ready, FTW!

Good luck with the Isopon, what aree you Bondo'ing? :]

Make sure you have both cartridge types for your masks, organic vapour and then particulates. The organic one will filter the fumes and the particulate will prevent any dust from harming your lungs. I know from reading on here that saftey is spoken of often but I can't highlight how important it is. Especially when dealing with urethane resins, they often give off isocyanyte gases which you body can get rid of like normal toxins and build up...Not a nice thing to have happen I can assure you. Dust masks are really adequate.

Back on track yes the upol is a touch easier to sand and work with than Isopon...Though both products are good. If whilst working you find weak spots in the fibre glass you can either back it up with more resin and matting or use P40 it's like resin mixed with chop strand just mix with the catalyst and push it into the gap. Hope this helps. If I can offer any other advice just shout.

xxFemaleSpartanxx said:
HAHAA I KNOOOOOW! My grandad had a load not long ago and we were in the garden and it literally STUNK my clothes out for the rest of day! I have two respirators ready, FTW!

Good luck with the Isopon, what aree you Bondo'ing? :]

I am working on a WETA ODST build, if you check both the links in my sig youll see.

tarsus said:
Make sure you have both cartridge types for your masks, organic vapour and then particulates. The organic one will filter the fumes and the particulate will prevent any dust from harming your lungs. I know from reading on here that saftey is spoken of often but I can't highlight how important it is. Especially when dealing with urethane resins, they often give off isocyanyte gases which you body can get rid of like normal toxins and build up...Not a nice thing to have happen I can assure you. Dust masks are really adequate.

Back on track yes the upol is a touch easier to sand and work with than Isopon...Though both products are good. If whilst working you find weak spots in the fibre glass you can either back it up with more resin and matting or use P40 it's like resin mixed with chop strand just mix with the catalyst and push it into the gap. Hope this helps. If I can offer any other advice just shout.

As for masks in the UK, its not as simple as looking for something thats organic vapour and particulates.

You need A2-P3 filters, and not many places in the UK sells them. Screwfix has them, I have the painters half mask which was like £25 and that has the right filters.

If you check the labels on the packaging and the carts they have the model number and what it's rated for displayed quite prominently, though I will admit it's small print on the carts.

As for not everywhere stocking them? Depending on what mask you have you'll find them quite easily in places like B&Q and Wickes along with the respirators too. In fact I picked up several A2P3 filters from B&Q this morning for a good friend of mine.

I have half respirators from both stores, and all packed up with spare filters just in case I run out or need to change. :)

Jonny said:
I've been using this one

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_203189_langId_-1_categoryId_165625

It says is a polyester filler so I knew I could mix in some pigments, I find helps identify between layers when sanding. And it also says easy sanding and fine finish on it.

I saw that one on the shelf and nearly picked it up, but didn't know if it would be different becauuse of the polyester stuff. I ended up buying the U-Pol Quick Sand stuff for £8.00, I'm just praying I don't mess up!

You'll find most filler like that are polyester based...But the UPOL is really good stuff...And in my opinion a lot easier to work than p38, which is a bonus

QUESTION...?

Should i use fibre tissue or fibre mat....?

thnkz for all of the info i forgot about halfords dur i were thinkin bnq for spray paints the price for spays in Bnq are £5.99 and halfords 6 we also got a chrome colour for finishing for £6.99 i think and a primer for £5.99 - £6.99 but if u wanna save £1 go BnQ.

thanks for the info :)

Here's a quick video showing the materials I've been using.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg0Sll_eiHo[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back