Uk Product Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks,

Does anyone know of a product like a can of spray glue/resin that would give a slight stiffness to pep models without warping it too much? I'm thinking of using something to keep the pep pieces stiff before I start the resin stage so that there is less warping.

I have a local B&Q/Halfords so should be able to get something from there if such a product exists.

Ta.

Hey guys :D

can someone give an incredibley small tutorial on how to pepekura? as in what you need and what order to put it on? i have a rough idea already but its a little confusing..

so i know you need resin and fibre glass and card and some kind of filler, but do you need anything else? people have talked about a catalyst or something for the resin, is this needed or just used to speed it up?

to make it you print out the pattern and cut it all out, then glue it together (ordinary craft glue?) after that you cover it in resin? (any particular amount of coats/weight of coats?) then how do you attach the fibreglass? (inside? outside? both? and do you attach it with more resin? glue? 'catalyst'?) and then bondo the outside yeh? then sand down and paint and add any other detail like foam on inside and paint and a visor

any corrections would be great :D

thanks

Well, sorry to have to be nagging on you, but there are litteraly TONS of tutorials and ALOT of stickies out there, telling you how everything works.

You will need:

- Cardstock or Cardboard (Cardstock is practically thick paper, I prefer atleast 200 g /m2)

- Preferable hot glue, and a hot glue gun.

- Fiberglass Resin, Polyester Resin, or how they like to call it in the UK. And, a resin hardener (DONT forget this!)

- Fiberglass woven.

- Bondo Bodyfiller (Its a kind of very easy 2-component spackling paste used on cars)

- Paint.

Safety equipment (dont cut out on this or risk your own personal health):

- Latex/plastic gloves

- Respirator (look for the appropriate charcole filter, and if you skip this you may suffer from headaches, and in long term cancer)

- Eye googles.

Thats about it, as a starter kit. From this buying list you will also need sanding paper, grinding machines and so on, but everything is covered in the stickies!

Out of wonder

Hey guys I was wondering, if you could advise me if there is any resins, Sealants, fillers or adhesives that could be got in my local homebase.
its been a few years since ive done anything like this, and by years im talking about 10 years, so im starting from scratch.
if you can advise or help out, it would be very welcome and awesome.
cheers

Hi all, I'm relatively new to this pep stuff but I love making my Mark VI helmet. I've nearly finished the 'bondo' stage but I want to use spot glazing putty to fill in the small 'chips' in the bondo.

The problem is I can't find the stuff in the UK. Please can someone tell me where I can get spot putty in the UK?

Cheers, Will.

Guys, I have a quick question. Im using the Jesomite100 on 280gsm card but when i mix it to the ratios that are described ie 1 part liquid to 2.5 of powder i seem to get a mix that is too thick to brush on. It saturates the card and i start to get sag. Any ideas? Do I need to keep the ratios the same or do i need to seal the card first in some way. Have I missed a vital step and wasted 2 days hard work on a hidef shin piece? any help would be muchly appreciated.
Cheers

Paul

can anyone recomend a good respirator for use with fiber glass resin?

3M's 6000 series is pretty good. Use filter class A2 for resining and P2 or above for sanding.

hi i am new to this but is this stuff good for Resining and Fiberglassing my halo helmet
http://www.ecfibreglasssupplies.co.uk/p-749-fibreglass-repair-kit-clear-resin.aspx

I'd recommend getting this stuff separately.

The 450g/m² fibre mat is probably too heavy and too rigid to fit into those tight spots on your helmet. And did you notice that the stirring sticks are not long enough to actually reach the bottom of the pictured cup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back