Hayabusa Chest

Status
Not open for further replies.
skip, you might wanna add a ink at the beginning of your first post, its usually where people look for the file, so they dont need to swim through the pages.. also,the wiki needs this file on it.. :D

Yeah, I keep forgetting to do that. Thanks DF4L. Also, I wondered about the wiki, How do I get it in there?

@Spartan 051: I sent you a PM. ;)

Vrogy has been adding all the pep to the wiki (as far as I know). I'm sure it won't be long until it's there.

wow, once this helmet gets finished, the whole hayabusa suit will be done. What does that leave us with? huh, i'll have to go check. I dont think much is left, except the HD stuff.

EDIT: zomg, when the helmet gets done, we will be done all the perms! yay!

I will get to the helmet. I'm waiting on plans of it that are being done for me. It'll make the modelling easier without having to compensate for perspective distortion from any of the screen captures.

I didn't want to start a new thread for this as it's not something I'm going all out on. I'm just doing it when I get time here and there. It's the EOD helmet, one of my favs of Halo 3. It's all built and resined and is awaiting glass now. I need to get me some gloves though first. I've reinforced alot of the internal with 2mm card. Just makes it more rigid and should help prevent warping too. It fits too which is nice. LOL!

Any, here are some pics:
[attachment=4907:DSC00145.JPG]
[attachment=4908:DSC00146.JPG]
[attachment=4909:DSC00147.JPG]
[attachment=4910:DSC00149.JPG]

I'll be working on this and the Royal Guard until I have what I need for the 'Busa hlmet. Thanks for looking guys.

Lookin good Skip! Keep it up. Make sure you put enough time into your builds and not all of it into your models.

Tell me about it. Finding the time to build is difficult sometimes, I mean when the kids aren't around anyway. They always try to get involved but they're too young just yet.

Designing is easier for me 'cause it doesn't take up space. LOL!

I will finish this helmet though, if nothing else I'm using it as a test/warm up piece before I try another HD Mk VI helmet. The last one was too small. D'oh!

rvb4life said:
wow, once this helmet gets finished, the whole hayabusa suit will be done. What does that leave us with? huh, i'll have to go check. I dont think much is left, except the HD stuff.

EDIT: zomg, when the helmet gets done, we will be done all the perms! yay!

You forgot about the Katana, or is that already on this forum?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, the katana is just added on to the back of the regular hayabusa chestplate. I don't remember how many skulls or whatever you have to find to unlock it, but it is a non-functional addition. I think it wouldn't have been cool if there was an option to use that katana in the game but sadly no dice....

Thanks buddy, it's good to cut my teeth on something. Get a feel for it all. That fibre glass is a tad tricky to work with in places. Still, I managed to glass the whole thing today. Looking forward to checking it in the morning to see just how tough it's become.

Skupilkinson said:
That fibre glass is a tad tricky to work with in places. Still, I managed to glass the whole thing today.
Imagine how trickier it's going to be for the Hayabusa helmet. Getting the fiberglass inside those spikes is going to be a nightmare.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're right about that. Funny you should mention it though, I had an idea lastnight about that. You could use expanding foam? Fill those spikes in with it and then trim the excess, and fibre glass over it to get a smooth interior rather than a hollow pit where the spikes are? It's make wearing it more comfortable too I'd imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back