Hayabusa Chest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skupilkinson said:
45cm? That'll do me. Just something to use for arranging the parts. Thanks. ;)

So people here model a perm of work on a mesh to add detail or whatever and then just through the mesh out there? Ok, that's a new one on me. In the papermodel community the designer just sees the project through including unfolding and then releases the model.

Is this because people can adjust, resize or alter the mesh if they need to?

Just curious really.

From my understanding it seems there is a group of modelers that hand off the models to the guys that are good with pep. And between those two people they decide if they want to release the actual pdo unfolded. Some people do just choose to model, import to pep and then let people have at it for unfolding if they don't have time or want to give people a lil...creative space :p

-TL13

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I let people I know who can unfold way better and faster than me do it. Nothing wrong with it. I also don't have the time. And the people who have helped me have been immaculate no flaking at all and they have been very kind and helpful :)

Skullcandy Girl said:
Well I let people I know who can unfold way better and faster than me do it. Nothing wrong with it. I also don't have the time. And the people who have helped me have been immaculate no flaking at all and they have been very kind and helpful :)
YAY! I'm not completely insane!! heheheh :p Yeah everyone that does unfolding here does amazing jobs. Nothing but high quality in every aspect of this site!!!

-TL13

Skullcandy Girl said:

Different strokes for different folks. I also like to be able to get something done quickly- I think the security shoulder was modeled one night, then by the afternoon of the day after, test built and posted.

Hmm, well I've been using pep now for years. I think I'd rather unfold it and release it. If for whatever reason people don't like my version I guess I can release the unfolded version for the pep guys that have been here a while longer than me or something.

I'm running out of time tonight so I'll probably do it tomorrow. I gotta sleep tonight.

yeah, sorry about that. I tend to do quick bad unfoldings, but see my MKV helmet, thats not too bad, except for the part where its HUGE :p

i give room to scale down. Anyway, i can help with the unfolding, i just need plenty o' Time.

rvb4life said:
yeah, sorry about that. I tend to do quick bad unfoldings, but see my MKV helmet, thats not too bad, except for the part where its HUGE :p

i give room to scale down. Anyway, i can help with the unfolding, i just need plenty o' Time.

Gaahhhh!!! Im shure he can unfold it himself. Stop pestering him! :lol:

I did have the whole thing unfolded lastnight. Though upon further inspection I've noticed that things need changing. Vrogy and DF4L have been talking with me and helped me spot a few things I'd missed.

So,back to the 3D model then to make the changes. Sorry about the delay but at least it'll be a better final pep file eh? ;)

Good your having help on this, Hayubasa fans will love this :D

Some tight spots are annoying, like where you have two pieces that are hard to glue together, and you realize it can be done better with a different form/shape, but oh well...

I don't think any parts of this will be hard to glue together. If this were to be built as a scaled down model then yeah, there'll be tricky areas. Seeing as this is 1/1 scale then it should be fine.

The real problem is people being too lazy to do it lol jks :D

Yeah, it wont be hard since its 1:1, The problem is when it's scaled down, but the Busa CHest isn't that hard to assemble on the way it looks.

Skupilkinson said:
I don't think any parts of this will be hard to glue together. If this were to be built as a scaled down model then yeah, there'll be tricky areas. Seeing as this is 1/1 scale then it should be fine.

Skip man! You turly are a credit to welsh people's awesomeness :p.

LOL! Thanks man.

Yeah, I tried to keep it simple so that building would be easy. It's all modelled pretty straight forward. I need to tweak the lights at the top near the shoulders. Those clamp type things got messed up somehow, some of the vertices got joined and messed them right up! :( They're an easy fix though, so it's not all bad.

I'll try to get the PDO ready today. Tomorrow is a mad day, last minute packing and then moving on Saturday so I won't get any time if I don't do it today. I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: I've made the changes and it does look much better(thanks vrogy and DF4L). Hopefully I'll have the time to get it unfolded now before moving day. If not, I'll finish it on Monday. ;)

your definedly getting there skip. :)

cant wait till you finish cause its gone be the base of my armor. since im building my online model with the
ODST head
hayabusa armor
and scout shoulders so ill defineldy will tell you made it cause it looks hot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back