Macattack64 Mark VI Spartan Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
coming along very well :D:D:D:D:D:D
looking forward to seeing it completed

what event are you planning to hit first with it??

halo3trailer_4-1.gif

Mac-
Man I feel like a complete prick. I just realized how much of your build I've missed all because I forgot to subscribe..... DOH!
Let me catch up by saying, FANTASTIC work man. You've done a lot of high quality work and you are so close to done. I'm subscribed now so I'll be looking forward to the finished product. Good luck man.

Sweet! I've been set back a little on mine, it's too dang hot out to fiberglass.
It really has been pretty hot! That should mean less hardener usually? Or less work time with it!

the boots look great! But I agree with carpa, you've gotta scuff them up a bit xD And oh my gosh you might have your whole suit done in the next 2 days? Been waiting forever to see pics of this all together!
Thanks Anna! I think I've taken care of that with this next post ;D

coming along very well :D:D:D:D:D:D
looking forward to seeing it completed

what event are you planning to hit first with it??

halo3trailer_4-1.gif
Well first debut will be Chicago Comic Con/Wizard World Chicago.. Whatever you want to call it! The week after will be Gen Con in Indianapolis!

Mac-
Man I feel like a complete prick. I just realized how much of your build I've missed all because I forgot to subscribe..... DOH!
Let me catch up by saying, FANTASTIC work man. You've done a lot of high quality work and you are so close to done. I'm subscribed now so I'll be looking forward to the finished product. Good luck man.
I was wondering when you'd be dropping in! Haha! If you want to short version of all the updates, just check my blog! That way you don't need to sort through other posts!

I finally got some more time and decided I'd glue my boots down into the boot shells.. Here's how it's come out. I also wanted to show the texture on the toe cap. Weathering got done tonight too!!! Soles will be put on tomorrow!

th_Photo1001.jpgth_Photo1004.jpgth_Photo1006.jpgth_Photo1000.jpg
th_Photo1011.jpg

Last but not least.. What have we got here?!
th_Photo1005.jpg

~ Mac

Thanks! You only need to wait one more day! Also, I'm in the process of trying to clean up previous posts of mine that have a bunch of coding mixed up in it!

Love how the boots are looking.
Do I spy "Hammered Metal" for the toe caps?

:)

the boots look great! I love the brownish, dirt scuff marks you added to them. Makes it look a lot more realistic than just a black wash.
Just curious, the combat boots that you used look perfect for costuming, do you have an online link to them? I've been looking for some like that.
Also that rifle looks sick, I didn't even know you had made one

I'll likely go through the thread over the next hour or so but the first things that catch my eye are the excellent weathering and everything about the boots (my worst pieces on my own suit).

Even with these pictures, I can tell you now that you've done an AMAZING job!
The difference between the first and second suit is staggering and just shows how far you've gone. You should be very proud!

Great work, Mac!

-Alexis

Well I already said it on facebook, but I'll say it again here: It looks AWESOME. The details are great, the weathering is great, and I love the red lights (didn't even know that you had put those in) You must be so happy that its done! (Also that photo of you holding a mini red spartan is lols.) xD

Hopefully that will hold you over til I get some real pictures!
~ Mac

REAL pictures? Those weren't real? Wow, if those weren't real pictures I can't wait to see the real ones. Outstanding job Mac! I'll put the afterburners on mine and we'll represent the midwest!

Your suit looks great! It's fantastic to see how far you've come from from the first suit. The increase in details and weathering takes it to a whole new level!

Really, really amazing job! :)

Even with these pictures, I can tell you now that you've done an AMAZING job!
The difference between the first and second suit is staggering and just shows how far you've gone. You should be very proud!

Great work, Mac!

-Alexis
It is a big difference and I've impressed myself. :)

Well I already said it on facebook, but I'll say it again here: It looks AWESOME. The details are great, the weathering is great, and I love the red lights (didn't even know that you had put those in) You must be so happy that its done! (Also that photo of you holding a mini red spartan is lols.) xD
Thanks Anna! :D

It's a thing of beauty!:D
Thank you vshore! :D

The before and after Image was amazing. Your skills have clearly increased.
Well it's not really before and after it's more of first suit to second suit!

REAL pictures? Those weren't real? Wow, if those weren't real pictures I can't wait to see the real ones. Outstanding job Mac! I'll put the afterburners on mine and we'll represent the midwest!
Well yes they ARE pictures the real pictures I mean are with one of my friends with a pretty nice camera. That won't be for a while though! I'm going to finish my AR first!

Your suit looks great! It's fantastic to see how far you've come from from the first suit. The increase in details and weathering takes it to a whole new level!

Really, really amazing job! :)
Thanks LilTyrant! Still don't think it'll match the quality of your suit!

I really appreciate the comments. I'll still be posting pictures of the AR kit I will be assembling. I may make a new thread or keep it up in here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back