Macattack64 Mark VI Spartan Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Macattack64 said:
I always tape off the areas I want to work on so I don't mess up the others... :)

Same.. I thought i was just over precatious.

Excellent bucket though. The red and white is most def the best color for armor (jk white with battle damage is the best, lol but red is way up there with it).

There is no way any Target manager will mess with you if your wearing that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally got these LED holders and I made it look a little battle damaged... the photos don't really show what it really looks like... :\
I didn't want to go too heavy with the black

P8030146.jpg

P8030147.jpg

P8030148.jpg

P8030149.jpg

P8030151.jpg

P8030153.jpg

Edit: Forgot these

P7280133.jpg

P7300138.jpg

P7300140.jpg

P7300139.jpg

batteries and battery clips that will hold them I still need to put the cover over that back section... :\

I really liked the way it looked without the battle damage, it looked so much more cleaner, and more organized.
I like battle damage, but i doesn't look good on this helmet to me, maybe because I'm used to the cleaner look by staring at it XD
Lookin good though, Awaiting the sequel to getting kicked out of target.

10 users looking at the topic. Very nice work mac! I love the battle damage. I agree cameras dont capture how nice damage usually does look. I painted my cod piece and it just doesnt look right on camera.

Yea the picture makes it looks dusty when it's not at all... i agree it did look nice and clean... but I figured I'd try it especially cuz I ended up scratching it when I cut the holes for the LEDs... :\... but I like the way it looks... also the pic makes it look duller then it is also... it's just got a bit of black on it and it's not actually dusty like that... maybe it was just the way the pic was taken or the lighting...

Edit: Just for you guys I just wiped some of the battle damage off. I used watered down acrylic paint. It comes off with a damp towel so if I really wanted to I could get most of it off ;)

It's been a while, I thought I should post some pics of where I'm at a little.

PA060248.jpg

PA060246.jpg

PA060247.jpg

I do realize the forearms are a little big. I will be remaking them some time. I also have resined thighs and have 1 shin peped.

Some people don't realize how long this stuff can take. I started in July. You really have to be determined while at the same time have the time, money, and resources. In accompany with cooperating weather. At this time, it is currently getting very cold. This will be put off until it get warm or I have time to do it. I do own a heat gun which would work, but right now I figure I could get pep done, so until warmer weather I may not have much to say. I would like to inform that I will be working on a battle rifle during the colder months. Few may have seen my blog on that.

That's about it for now. I thought I might post that up to let the community know.

Until then...

looks good so far! the helmet turned out fantastic! great painting

ah yes, I too am struck by the weather and will be forced to do indoor and unexciting pep work until it warms up :(
keep it up!

I hope that warm weather comes your way soon! You're doing great!

Your first armor helped inspired me to do mine, and your new one is totally blowing it away! Do you plan on going to back to Target in your new armor for a rematch? :p

Lookin' good there!! the HD pep will come out nice! I used Robo's 1st HD models, they were nice, but I still had to put in the detail. With those HD models the detail is there which equals less time with bondo! scale looks good too, nice fit!
Yah the weather here is cold so it sucks for resin, fg, and bondo. this weekend it is suppose to warm up so resin and fg as much as you can.
keep up the good work fellow Hoosier!!!

@Skyman: Thanks dude, I'm glad you like it. I love the paint myself, too. ;)

@pooper: Target has it in for them. :p I've even purchased a minicam spy cam too. Though I couldn't find a camera that I already own for it to work on.

@JediStumpy: Fellow Hoosier FTW! :D Only thing is I need smaller forearms.
Oh yea and Heat gun FTW! :p But either way It doesn't completely work like it would if I was fging in the summer. :(

@Paradoxdj: I can't wait either :p but School takes up a lot of time, and then week end I work on saturday. :\ So not much money coming in plus not too much time. :\

And this is how I figure out if it's the right scale. 1.) I try it on. 2.) I take a picture with me wearing it and judge the scaling. Or have another person put it on to see at a 3rd person perspective.
All those I didn't really do for the forearm. Now I'm gonna need to make new ones.

So for now I may just get stuff peped and resined if I can. Then if it comes to it I may fiberglass during winter weather, but we'll see. Battle Rifle will be my current project. But this will be still slowly burning along.

(box o crayons @ Oct 28 2008, 11:35 PM) not sure if anyone mentioned it but your missing the gut plate

Yes, I know. I have yet to make it but I know it's not there. Thanks anyways, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back