Macattack64 Mark VI Spartan Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is the most recent pic and it's at an odd angle. It sorta seems big but I want to run it by everyone. The good thing is there is room for straps and anything i wear underneath and i have new forearms and shins made. Also there is some growth room >.<

I was talking to my mom when she took it >.<

PC130018.jpg

As you can see it's the same as this:
PA060247.jpg

Also I will trim the thighs some so they should be good where they are at.

Lookin' good there, Mac! Personally, I don't think it looks oversized at all, really. What with the undersuit you've got on there, it looks to be the right fit. The sizing on the upper arms is perfect (I've noticed that can be a problem area for some, with getting the proportions just right). Are you going to be going with the same colour scheme as on your helmet? Love the job you did on that, btw :cool:

hey lookin good!! Bet you can't wait for it to get a little warming outside (unless you're lucky enough to be able to make progress inside!) scale is good!

The size looks good to me Mac. Like spartan II said, once you have the undersuit and other pieces on, it looks to be at the right size. Looking forward to seeing this done! :)

(JediStumpy @ Jan 6 2009, 09:19 PM) hey lookin good!! Bet you can't wait for it to get a little warming outside (unless you're lucky enough to be able to make progress inside!) scale is good!
Thanks dude. I just hope i can see yours in person ;) And I'm thinking about going with some liquid plastic.

(Jax Archillies @ Jan 6 2009, 10:03 PM) what is your actual waist size, and what scale did you use?
I wear a 32. I used a 29.4 build height, Scale of 71.460859 and it was robo's model for right now

(pooper @ Jan 6 2009, 10:12 PM) The size looks good to me Mac. Like spartan II said, once you have the undersuit and other pieces on, it looks to be at the right size. Looking forward to seeing this done! :)

If it helps... I have recorded all sizes and measure that i have chosen to use and did use. I'll post it up if wanted.

Macattack64 said:
[...]

If it helps... I have recorded all sizes and measure that i have chosen to use and did use. I'll post it up if wanted.

If you don't mind, Mac. That might help out a few people here for figuring the size of thier armour, if they turn out to be the same height/etc. as you (I've only printed out and assembled the helmet, so it could be a good point of reference for me as well) :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll take a screen shot of my spreadsheet and post it up.

Here's my record of sizing. The hand plates have not been finalized and neither has the Boots and I'm pretty sure on the HD Crotchplate.

Sizing-1.jpg

Wow... I can see you really put a lot of thought into this, lol. I mean, you even drafted a spreadsheet for the measurements. Way to plan ahead, dude ;)

Now, those measurements are based on what height for a person? 5'10"? o_O

(SPARTAN II @ Jan 7 2009, 05:14 PM) Wow... I can see you really put a lot of thought into this, lol. I mean, you even drafted a spreadsheet for the measurements. Way to plan ahead, dude ;)

Now, those measurements are based on what height for a person? 5'10"? :confused

It's about 5'9" - 5'10". That's what I had scaled it for.

Also I planned it out because I figured early on, that my first suit did set up proportions very well. I had wished that by giving a sort of "Guideline" to follow would make it easier for all.

Well, that was certainly some good thinking on your part, Mac. I'm sure I'm not the only who thanks you for that extra effort :D

(SPARTAN II @ Jan 7 2009, 05:20 PM) Well, that was certainly some good thinking on your part, Mac. I'm sure I'm not the only who thanks you for that extra effort :D

Oh I'm glad. I also included some of the models that those build heights were used for.

So it's been a while but I'd like to post where I'm at with my work. I put it on today for almost a little test run. Obviously I'll have to work on the Bicep strapping but it still needs bondo work.

P7260040.jpg

P7260041.jpg

P7260042.jpg

P7260043.jpg

P7260044.jpg

Macattack64 said:
So it's been a while but I'd like to post where I'm at with my work. I put it on today for almost a little test run. Obviously I'll have to work on the Bicep strapping but it still needs bondo work.

Images Removed

Wow dude, utterly amazing. Glad to see you are back to work on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back