Macattack64 Mark VI Spartan Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macattack64

Sizes for Reference (Scaled for about 5'9" - 5'10")

Sizing-1.jpg

These are the sizes I have used. The only one that is different is the size for the thigh. I used 37.5 cm.

Chicago Comic-Con was the main reason for starting such a long project. And I'm looking forward to finishing this for it.

halo2emblembz2.jpg

playermodelwj4.jpg

P7260042.jpg

P8030153.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Woot! Looks great, Mac! Glad you're starting on another suit!

I'm jealous now, I've got to get some pics of mine up... I was going to wait, but, what the heck...

I'll have to wait 'til it's dry though. ;)

*watches thread* :eek:

The top is not as nice as I would have liked it... there is a slight warp but not really noticable... Except I notice it... :(

Macattack64 said:
The top is not as nice as I would have liked it... there is a slight warp but not really noticable... Except I notice it... :(
It looks great. With the slight warp, try to straighten it through bending, supports, weights, etc., then resin it. It should stay unwarped.
I'm the same way with perfection. I'm on the verge of throwing away my handplate because one side is about 1mm higher than the other. But I keep making myself try to ignore it and just try to fix it in the bondo stage.

I know what you mean... I want though four helmets (along with many other pieces) for my suit of armor, before I was happy with it.

I think I'm working on my fifth chest plate. :/ Stupid tallness, 'takes forever to scale everything right. lol

It looks great either way.

(Robogenisis @ Jun 6 2008, 02:15 PM)It looks great. With the slight warp, try to straighten it through bending, supports, weights, etc., then resin it. It should stay unwarped.
I'm the same way with perfection. I'm on the verge of throwing away my handplate because one side is about 1mm higher than the other. But I keep making myself try to ignore it and just try to fix it in the bondo stage.

I have the supports in. I've been trying to manuver it straight but it's not right. I'd have to cut the pieces from eachother to fix it. So I'm just gonna go with it. It isn't too bad and I think I can work it out when I try to bondo.
I never used body filler. Not even on my first helmet..So It'll be a first for me. :\

(gamerguy55 @ Jun 6 2008, 02:22 PM) I know what you mean. I want though four helmets (along with many other pieces) for my suit of armor, before I was happy with it.

I think I'm working on my fifth chest plate. :/ Stupid tallness, takes forever to scale everything right. lol

It looks great either way. :rolleyes
Yea. I would start on a torso right now. Since I've got everything down but I won't have enough paper.

I've also started a Spreadsheet on costs. So If I get it done and make sure I keep it updated It will give people an average cost for armor. :)

Nice job on those details. Resembles another great pep helmet I've seen 'round these parts. ;) *COUGH*mine*COUGH*

Keep it up!

I've been looking for a paint technique that resulted in a green metalic color. I forgot where it was but it was supposed to be cheap or something.

Here's another update. I did some size tests.
I think they are about right and besides I can grow into them a little. :p

p6090020bz6.jpg

p6090021wa3.jpg

Oh hahahaha no biggie Mac :) I knew ya weren;t nuts about em' Crackheads are dope ;) And thanks to the work of the team you ere a part of we have a nice HD pair. :D

Macattack64 said:
I'm gonna do the biceps almost last... after the torso is done and I get the Sette Impact under suit... :) to make sure they fit right...
You're really obsessed about that Sette undersuit, aren't you? lol ;P

Are you going to use the 611 sizing chart-thing you showed me?

I don't think that's going to work for me, it goes by roundness... I think I'm too tall to go by that chart, I'll be getting mine after I get the chest 'glassed. :/

BTW: Why am I talking to you here, too? lols

Very nice work on the Pep stage!

It looks very clean and doesn't look to have any warps! Hope the bondo stage keeps up with the rest of the work!

I give you one dancing cat... I mean, Companion Cube:
Dancing_Banana_Companion_Cube_by_zorkky.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back