I May Give Myself A Present

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthijs

Hey guys,
I (think I)passed my exams. So my parents told me, if I passed them I can get myself a big present. But something that I'll still have fun with for like 10 years.
They won't give any consoles or game-stuff.
So any suggestions?
It may cost about $200

Matthijs

A guitar? Two guitars? Maybe a drum set. I dunno, there isn't a lot of stuff that lasts 10 years that costs $200.

Nugget said:
A guitar? Two guitars? Maybe a drum set. I dunno, there isn't a lot of stuff that lasts 10 years that costs $200.
Yeah, a guitar is a good idea, thanks :)
It doesn't really has to last 10 years. It's just that when I look at it I remember like: Oh yeah, that's what my parents gave me when I passed my exams...

Last edited by a moderator:
Tater Mane said:
Legos.

Don't but a set, just buy a bunch of those big tubs with random pieces.

Fun for life.
Brinklink.com

Enough said. Hey dude, I still have Lego that is 15 years old and I still use em. ;)
I'm not suggest you buy Lego though. Save the money and buy something in the future with it. :) Two hundred dollars won't get you a lot anyways. Might as well save it for something that you'll really want like a car or a bike (Scooter or motorcycle).

Put it into a cd, than in ten years youll have loads of money and remember what its from.

Or just buy a crap load of legos :D

i have a box the size of my bed filed with legos, not that ill ever use them

EDIT: oh ya, the present :D

i would get a motorbike, or eve better, a quadbike, anything with a motor is fun, and it can be sold for good prices later, im 14 i have 2 bikes and USED to have a quad

Invest, if you’re lucky, in 5 or 10 years you might have enough to put towards a good car or something.

A minibike is fun :) (one from ebay)
I don't think they want to give legos anymore. I have very much lego.. And when I say very much, I mean very very very very very very very much :p

p0rtalman said:
Invest, if you’re lucky, in 5 or 10 years you might have enough to put towards a good car or something.
I have to buy something, I can't just get the money :p

LastSpartan said:
A Master Chief helmet :D

Allready got one >.<

Thanks for all the suggestions guys :)

Matthijs

Get an awesome cell phone. I just got a BlackBerry. What about a snowboard or something along those lines? Paintball gun? Hmm, I think I'd do the gun....

i had an accident, cant walk without crutches til im 16-18, and im 14

on a minibike, i had one, trust me, theyre illegal, evil, and dangerous

and theyre not even that good

theyre a waste of money, i couldve bought a 360 with that money... but noooo i have to buy a motorbike thats up to my knee in size

They won't give you any consoles or game stuff huh. Hmmmm, you could try spinning it to your parents that the PS3 is meant to be around for the next 10yrs.....ish and is a good investment as a Bluray player. :whistle: :lol:

If you don't already have a media player, I'd recommend getting a Zune. I got the 80gB for around 220.

It holds more music, podcasts, photos, and videos than I could even accumulate. It's very sleek (for those concerned with aesthetics) and the software is incredibly intuitive (for the pragmatists).

I plug mine in straight to the XBOX 360 and play music to match my games. It's a life saver on road trips too. It's one of the best purchases I've ever made honestly.

What's also awesome, is that you can get a laser engraving added to the back of your case. It's like 10 dollars extra IIRC.
They have a good variety of art and you can also engrave your name or whatever text you wish. Your parents may like that it's a 'personalized gift' to mark your achievement.

Here's one I made online today at Zune Originals. Pretty cool.

zune.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back