Introduce Yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Caleb
Profession: Work for Mediacom in their West Des Moines office out of network ops center
Favorite Hobby: Video Games
Favorite part of halo: Everything. Story mainly.
Favorite Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: Thats a deep question. Starcraft 1
Other Interests: Anything that involves doing stuff hands on
Favorite Food: Chinese
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Favorite Movie(s): Big Fish
Other: In the Iowa Army National Guard for 6 years with another 6 years to go.

I just realised, I still had to do this:

Name:
Markus

Home: Germany, Baden-Württemberg, near Sinsheim
Profession: former Photographer & Media Designer, IT Admin today

Hobbies: playing games / watching movies & tv shows

Favorite Halo: Halo 4
Favorite Video Game: World of WarCraft, I guess
Favorite Band: Walk Off The Earth (atm)
Favorite Movies: this will gonna be a very lo(ooo)ng list... *g* Independence Day, Star Wars IV,
Star Trek Into Darkness, Indiana Jones and the last crusade, RoboCop, Batman Begins, Iron Man,
Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, I, Robot, Father of the bride, The Last Samurai (and far more)

Other Interests: creating websites, photography, books, cars, dogs, music

Hello people,
I've been around for a while by now but I was quiet all the time, so I thought I could start off with finally introducing myself.

IMG_7179.JPG

Name: Elena Schulze

Located: Cologne /NRW / Germany
Profession: I work at Subway atm

Favorite Hobby: Well I am into Videogaming and I like to dress up fpr cosplay and Larp. I also love to built stuff. Comics, TV- shows and books are a huge addiction too.

Favorite Halo: 3, Reach and ODST
Favorite Video Game: Halo (Thanks Captn Obvious), Batman Games, Deadpool, Marvel vs, Capcop, Injustice etc..

Favorite Band: urghhh i don't have one or too many. I likemusic in general I guess...
Favorite Movie(s): you wanna make me writing a novel ?! Well I like all kind of scifi, fantasy, action, postapocalyptic, comicbook based movies and TV shows. IÄll may add a list some day^^

Other: Well I guess I'm into the usual geeky stuff... I love comics, TV Shows, crafting, my boyfriend and I spend a huge amount of time at skype, talking to peeps around the world :3

IMG_7179.JPG

Name: Andy
Profession: Uni Student and part time worker at a personal finance company.
Hobbies: Sports ( Spartan race, gym, crossfit, footy, any sort of challenge), travel, video games, comics TV shows and movies, model building etc.
Favorite Band:The Pixies, Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd, Gang of Youths, The Shins, The Kooks, and many more.
Other: I grew up in Africa, Zimbabwe and west coast mainly. Moved around a lot and saw most of Europe, due to the old man's job. Planning for Everest base camp in 2017 and skydiving course in 2018

I'm really new and just getting back into halo full force but here's a bit about me I suppose

Name: Amina Ahmad
Profession: Full-time college student, hobby artist, cosplayer, event organizer
Favorite Hobby: Drawing, reading, I have lots and no specific favourite lol
Favorite part of halo: The story. It's what made me get so into it again after almost 10 years being awol
Favorite Halo: uncertain, I haven't played enough yet to judge it
Favorite Video Game: Halo and Megaman
Other Interests: Anime, Books, art, sewing
Favorite Food: Pasta and sushi
Favorite Finisher: uhhhh I'm not sure??
Favorite Band: It varies but I'm really passionate about Lights and Linkin Park
Favorite Movie(s): Miyazaki films, Spirit:Stallion of the Cimarron, Fall of Reach, Bionicle trilogy and more
Other: I'm a full-time student at Sheridan College, an aspiring animator and business woman, an artist, a costumer and a representative of the GTA Cosplay Hangout Group.

I could go on for hours but yeah, that sums me up more or less. I like to call myself a jack of all trades and hope to cosplay Cortana in the next few years and also work on a suit of Spartan armour for myself eventually. I'll need stilts though before I can consider it though XD I'm short TxT

Name: Orin Kendall
Profession: Surgical Technician
Favorite Hobby: Airsoft, Video Games, Guitar, Marksmanship, Archery, Hunting, Fishing, Coloring, Drawing, Reading
Favorite part of halo: The entirety of the Halo universe is amazing. In particular, I adore the Master Chief, Cortana, and Sergeant Major Avery Johnson (and his witty/comical quotes)
Favorite Halo: Yes!
Favorite Video Game: World of Tanks is currently my most played video game
Favorite Food: Steak, no sushi, no...candy...
Favorite Band: Changes with the season. Boston, Foreigner

I grew up playing video games, and got hooked on Halo when my brother had a LAN party in the glory days. I aspired to have my own XBOX and copy of Halo: CE ever since. Now I own every Halo and enjoy them with my best friend.

can't remember if I did this or not, so I will do so again if I did! Besides, a lot has changed in 2-3 years since I was last active

Name: Jessi (though I prefer my online varieties of Syd, Caos, or my DJ name: Sentri)
Profession: CAD Designer
Favorite Hobby: Video Gaming, DJing, Martial Arts (Tang Soo Do), Stage combat with lightsabers, Camping, Watersports, Wintersports....yeah, a lot of stuff.
Favorite part of halo: The storyline, all while being able to play with friends (AKA co-op)
Favorite Halo: don't really have a fav.
Favorite Video Game(s): Halo, Destiny, Gears of War, Team fortress 2, Portal
Favorite Food: Chicken Fried Rice
Favorite Band(s): Avenged Sevenfold, Three days grace, shinedown. Also, Paul Oakenfold, Tiesto, and Uraken for EDM music
Other: As of Recently, I have started my own online radio show featuring video game/anime/movie remixes. I plan on running it every other week as a livestream, and the video's will be posted to youtube afterwards.

First Halo Costume: What I call the Tex 'Halloween costume" variant.
S5030128.jpg

That was done in 2 days. I was short on time, and poor back then...well, I'm still poor, but that's besides the point.

S5030128.jpg

Re: New Members Sticky Index - Updated 08-05-2014

so....hey, i am new i am from argentina i hope there is another guys for the 405 because i dont wanna be the only one in this countri, and what else..... a yhes i am making my recruit armour, just finishing all the plates now detaills and that stuffs, so thanks to reciving me , i love the 405th WOHO!

and i am 22 years, my work its make decals and, yhes thats it, so thanks again guys awesome forum!

Paper prep please

Hey all this is Daphne semi retired maker - of all things paper.
I've been a member for a short while made my first iron man helmet and was hooked on the process. Since then I've made a couple others. I have also walked on the foam side a bit, love the results but the process (I need the paper) is not quite as satisfying. Getting ready to take kick off starboard II and very much want to do a paper based build. I could use some tips on hardening the helmet, what i've tried so far is wood glue thinned. this does the trick for hardening but i get some pretty nasty warping....looking for paper prep ideas. Also any pro/con on paper weight type and or brands. Right now I use what I can find at craft store basic yardstick 110lb.
Thanks
Is there a comic con 2016 meet up planned where builders /makers get together?

more
Name: Daphne
Profession: Semi - Retired IT
Favorite Hobby: maker
Favorite part of halo: the costumes
Favorite Halo: ??
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests: Food, art, painting, paper crafting, gardening
Favorite Food: Mexican
Favorite Finisher
Favorite Band: It varies but I'm really passionate about Lights and Linkin Park
Favorite Movie(s): Princess Bride.
Other:

Name: Magnus Jönsson
Profession: Student
Favorite Hobby: Video Games
Favorite part of Halo: The story. It's just so incredibly well put together and seamless.
Favorite Halo: 2
Favorite Video Game: Halo or possibly the Arma series
Other Interests: I am a HUGE metalhead, and I used to do web development.
Favorite Food: Anything that can be cooked rare.
Favorite Band: Sabaton and Megaherz
Favorite Movie(s): Narva 1944, Blackhawk Down

Hay guys out there, I'm pretty new in the Scene, going to start some odst Project These days,so a friend told me to visit here, so here I am ;)

I am 24 Years old, I live in southern Germany.
My Hobbies are Gaming, Playing e-Guitar, Driving my Motorbike, Scuba Diving and, for new, starting kinda Cosplay.
I've played Halo ever since and my favourite one, even if it's not from Bungie, is Halo 4. But 1 2 3 and Reach as well :D

So ... HI... ;)

PS: Oh ofcourse my Name isn't Spike :D it's Florian but friends, like you're hopefully gonna be, just call me Flo!
Cheers.

Re: New Members Sticky Index - Updated 08-05-2014

Name: Aliya, aka Huntress Crafts and Cosplay https://www.facebook.com/Huntresscraftsandcosplay
Building since: November 2015, Cosplaying for 8 years
About me: I'm an avid crafter and have always loved to make things! I've been playing Halo since the first game came out and was introduced to the 405th by my best friend. By day, I'm a Store Sales Manager at a mattress shop.
Favorite Cons: ECCC
Costumes/Props: I have a Halo 4 Spartan, My other Cosplays include a mish-mash of Marvel/DC Comics characters including Black Cat, Catwoman, and Domino, Cheryl/Carol from Archer, Kameo from the Xbox 360 game Kameo:Elements of Power, and a soon-to-be Destiny Awoken Hunter.

Re: Introduce Yourself
Hey guys I have been in the 405th for a few months now but haven't had the chance to introduce my self so here we go
Name: Selby
Profession: Student
Favorite Hobby: making cosplay
Favorite part of Halo: The story. And probably forge
Favorite Halo: reach
Favorite Video Game: Halo (hands down)
Other Interests: break dance, Taekwondo
Favorite Food: pork ribs and chips
Favorite Band: AC/DC
Favorite Movie(s): Iron man and other marvel films

PiroSVX reporting for duty.
Hey guys, my name is Austin.
I am a 30 year old machinist.
I've been a fan of the Halo franchise since day 1.
I have often looked at making armor for me and mine, but haven't been overly serious until recently. I am a metal head and I would love to find a practical way of making light weight armor out metal.

Name: Roka
Profession: Freelance Web and Graphic Designer
Favorite Hobby: Video Games, art stuff
Favorite part of halo: When you realize that the entire universe is at stake...and it actually feels like it
Favorite Halo: 2
Favorite Video Game: Too many
Other Interests: Music (can only play piano lol), concept art, programming
Favorite Food: CALZONE!!!!!!!!!
Favorite Band: maybeshewill
Favorite Movie(s): Persepolis, 9, The Boy and the Beast, Star Wars

Hey guys! I want to start by thanking Jacob with Forge Field Props for getting me into this! Fulfilling my dream!!!

Name: Tyland Holmes
Profession: Part Timer at Sherwin Williams
Favorite Hobby: Gaming and Drawing!!
Favorite part of Halo: The Lore, the immersive history that created that's easy to get lost in. That and Character Customization; I loves me some Customization!
Favorite Halo: 5! I'm loving all the Content they're pumping out! Though I like my Spartan appearance in 4 more.
Favorite Video Game(s): Halo 5 and Dead Space 2, Mortal Kombat X, Conker's Bad Fur Day, and even though they havent come out yet, but from the betas I've played, Gears of War 4 and Doom
Other Interests: I like to cosplay, and watch tv and movies, mild hiking and exploring, and recording some games for my fledgling YouTube Channel, GamerCodeCrew (Just Gamer Code for short)
Favorite Food: Pizza! And Ramen!!
Favorite Finisher: a tie between "That Took Guts" and "Lift Off"
Favorite Band(s): Disturbed, Breaking Benjamin, Ninja Sex Party/Starbomb, Crush 40 and Bullet For My Valentine
Favorite Movie(s): Captain America Civil War, Horrible Bosses 2, Hot Tub Time Machine 2, Vacation (The New One), The Die Hard Series, The AVP Universe, and The Freddy vs Jason world.
Other: I'm totally cool to chat with and stuff, add me, if you're in the are, lets hang out; I'm gonna start on my Spartan soon, so like, let's get some pics together as a group!

Hello everyone! I'm not new to the scene, but didn't have the means to begin building things until very recently (of which I am very excited about!). My favourite hobby is video games; I remember when Halo CE released for the PC, I played until I had beaten it on solo Legendary. Twice. My interests mainly revolve around nice weaponry (since they're seemingly afterthoughts by the cosplayers that I have seen at my local conventions), but I am very interested in building myself a suit some day.

Hi
Name: Danielle Carroll
Profession: Assistant Transport Support Officer (I help with transporting special needs children to and from school)
Favorite Hobby: Video Games and Art
Favorite part of halo: Only ever played a couple of times but i managed to somehow snipe myself in a game.
Favorite Halo: ?
Favorite Video Game: Final Fantasy VII and currently GTA V
Other Interests: I LOVE drawing and art, and going to SUPANOVA (sort of like comic con in Australia)
Favorite Food: Sushi!
Favorite Finisher: Any of Cloud's finishing moves
Favorite Band: Depends on the mood
Favorite Movie(s): Labyrinth, Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete
Other: :love

Name : DeVont'e Blair profession : Pizza Hut age : 21 hobbies : comic books ( marvel) ,gundams,sci fi movies ,martial arts, ripstik, video games . favorite halo : halo 5 favorite part : master chief vs Locke favorite foods : sweet and sour chicken,white rice,chicken low mane,noodles , shrimp other interest: anime , power rangers ( Karen rider ) other: N/A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back