Armoury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Im currently making feet to fit over UK Size 9 boots.

Then when they're done in gonna fill them with expanding foam and vacform them.

Zen what size head is the helmet for?

JediFraz said:
Well Im currently making feet to fit over UK Size 9 boots.

Then when they're done in gonna fill them with expanding foam and vacform them.

Zen what size head is the helmet for?

the helmet is the DF4L helmet, the scale has not been altered, its exactlyhow it came in the pep, i think its ready scaled for someone approximately 6ft, im 5ft10 and it fits me, (a little big in my opinion)

DSC00514.png

thats how it looks on me, and im abit under 6ft

this was in the pep stage, i am currently in the bondo stage

Last edited by a moderator:
Zenzeigan said:
the helmet is the DF4L helmet, the scale has not been altered, its exactlyhow it came in the pep, i think its ready scaled for someone approximately 6ft, im 5ft10 and it fits me, (a little big in my opinion)

Ah My mistake. What I meant was.. How big is the circumference of your head in Cm?
That'll let me know who else it will fit..

i wrapped a tape measure around my head, from my forehead around above my ears, and for that i got 57cm.
and my head from my chin (mouth closed) to the top of my head was approximately 24cm (the tape measure was not curved when i made this measurement, i just put a book ontop of my head and started infront of my face from the bottom of the book to where my chin was)

let me know if you need anymore measurements

Result that sounds like it might well fit. I has a quite big head too. 55-57 Head size..:)

Im just wondering the best way of vacforming it. Bandsaw down the middle and vacform left and right. Would probably work but the indent at the peak of the visor would cause problems. Separate the visor off and do that separately.

I guess I'll need to talk to the vacform operator find out the best way. No Rush After all Im not finished the boots yet..:)

Zen you up for a set of size 9 boots?

JediFraz said:
Result that sounds like it might well fit. I has a quite big head too. 55-57 Head size..:)

Im just wondering the best way of vacforming it. Bandsaw down the middle and vacform left and right. Would probably work but the indent at the peak of the visor would cause problems. Separate the visor off and do that separately.

I guess I'll need to talk to the vacform operator find out the best way. No Rush After all Im not finished the boots yet..:)

Zen you up for a set of size 9 boots?

prehaps

but im still keeping some money for wakeboarding. im having trouble paying for supplies for the helmet as it is.

im willing to do em, but it will take time, and ill have to do the helmet first.

Not a prob, mate. No Rush at all.
I'm still trying to wishlist everything together...:)

Size 9 Boots... Check.
55-57 Helmet... Check.
Might have a 41" Chest lined up.. Not sure yet.

uhm, sorry to let ya down, but im giving up on the armor as i recently posted.

my helmet is 30% body filled if you still want it to finish it. im giving it for free, as long as whoever wants it pays for postage,

Zenzeigan said:
uhm, sorry to let ya down, but im giving up on the armor as i recently posted.

my helmet is 30% body filled if you still want it to finish it. im giving it for free, as long as whoever wants it pays for postage,

That's cool mate. No explanations required..
IM or PM me to let me know what the postage and your details are..:)

JediFraz said:

Perhaps if you cut across, just above the peak of the visor, and vac-formed it that way? then screwed the top back onto the helmet?
Not sure whether that would work.. I'm no expert at vac forming lol

hey guys im from scotland and think this is an awsome idea but i dont think im that good (still on my first helmet) and with work i cant get time to glass it. But i would love to help and if i couldnt i would like to even purchase a helmet from you guys (dont really have the body for the armor lol) im still at school so when i go back on the 14th i will have time to glass this one and my next helmet i am cutting out its a recon helmet. Also im using 150lb card cause i can get 50 sheets for £2 locally.

Welcome aboard..

What's up Death? Too Short? Im only 5'5"

Nobody says you have to be Master Chief. Im pretty sure there would be different heights of Spartans.

well im 5'5 aswell its more my belly lol

also i might not be working tommorow so i will glass my helmet

and i only need to cut out one more page for the recon so i might do that tommorow aswell.
also do you have msn or something that is easier to talk through if so send me your address in an im

Uhh, i got an old Hanplate, that i could sand so its actually good, and try 'Hot glue molding' and if its a success, i could give you a pair...

This is a good idea and would be a bunch of fun if there was a group of people who lived pretty close to each other.

Problem is...what if you have an expert make the helmet and a beginner make the chest armor. :) This makes for an awesome looking helmet and the rest of the armor wont match.

The solutions are not to let any experts join the group or get the expert to make all the armor. :)

And yeah, short spartans... I'm 5/9 and tough as nails! ;) As long as your inwardly tough you should be okay. If you go around with your jaw jutting forward and glaring at everyone you look silly. Besides, that's not the "new tough". The new tough is to be cold and silent. That's supposed to be cool... I'll have to try it out some day... :D

Yaw, I have the same problem only being 5'9. get some boots with thick heels and sitck a slab of wood under that. With my armour on and using the above I stand 6'3. It's not MC scale but it's getting there.

Hey Jedi... it's been awhile lol... i been busy with Uni/College and work. But i got all the equipment needed to start doing Hi-Def piece. i can do any piece apart from the helmet. I am 5ft 6-7 and all piece fit fine. I am working with all Hi-Def pieces... :)

Regards

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back