Beginning Armour!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zenzeigan said:
its looking good, no warping as far as i can see, i know you probabily dont want to but take my advice,
Do High Detail Models.
they are alot easier than they look, and low detail armor usually comes out horribly bad, there are a few exceptions like kensais scar the just which was low detail, and amazing, but seriously, if you want the best looking armour, i would just go for high detail, plus, seeing as high detail already has all the detail on it, bondo isnt usually required (if you pep it well), just resin
Ok, thanks I will try find Hi-Detail models!

Last edited by a moderator:
ya he's right. I thought the HD body looked incredibly difficult then I looke at the pep file and it looked easier than my EOD helm which was really hard but came out great!

Spartan_013 said:
ya he's right. I thought the HD body looked incredibly difficult then I looke at the pep file and it looked easier than my EOD helm which was really hard but came out great!
One thing about the HD models is that you can't see the numbers as they interlace with each other.

Ghost1uk said:
hi im completely new to everything regarding making the master chief armour and how to build one, i was just wondering whether what was listed in the thread would be all the necessary materials i would need to start making one,

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11292

Thanks in advance for your help.
You will need card though!
And also you can make your own post!

Ghost1uk said:
hi im completely new to everything regarding making the master chief armour and how to build one, i was just wondering whether what was listed in the thread would be all the necessary materials i would need to start making one,

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11292

Thanks in advance for your help.

Welcome!
It seems like you've recieved most of your answers already, so ill stick to welcoming you. It's refreshing to see that you have done your research though. I would encourage you, if you have any questions, to first search for the answer, and if your confused, to PM a member. There's a great community here that will be more than willing to assist you in your needs.

welcome!

I have decided to make some quick Halo 1 Marine amour for a Si-Fi camp in September.

Pic 1 in the helmet and left shoulder pad [attachment=5872:phphzhLQmAM.jpg]
Pic 2 is the resin i used [attachment=5873:phpuOK1WHAM.jpg]

any comments on how to resin better next time would be helpful ;)

well, just ask us. I can give you advice on fiberglassing.

and you can make the numbers on the model smaller, you know. It also looks like you built the model inside out. Learn2Pepakura- press F1 next time you open the program.

rvb4life said:
well, just ask us. I can give you advice on fiberglassing.

and you can make the numbers on the model smaller, you know. It also looks like you built the model inside out. Learn2Pepakura- press F1 next time you open the program.

Hmm looks like a helmet to me. More photos later
What sort of safety should i be using i used:
Rubber gloves
full body covering
safety goggles
dust mask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back