Halo 3 Machinima

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenzeigan

These topics probabily have been made plenty of times. but i think it will be fun, so i was wondering if anybody wants to make a little machinima group and just make small films, i think it will be fun, and seeing as im free for like 6 weeks.

if anyone wants to make a little team let me know and give me your instant messenger

(wouldnt mind somebody with a capture card, i dont have one)

plus, mics will be required probz

im in for it.

all i need is a capture card so maybe some of you could convert a clip ore to for me :)

but ill help in any way. prefer to be a character of course

I have a capture card. Add me on XBL (GT: Boryenko).

Already have you added Zen.

Plus I live in Canada so it may be hard to join games when it isn't summer time so most of our recording would have to be over the weekends.

Great to see people intrested, i would like to be a character myself, but with my british accent it will ruin the mood XD

yeah, but all can be characters, will be fun

so what you wanna do then?

a serious one? or a comedy one?

after watching digitalph33rs guide to machinima he stated that serious machinima is ALOT harder to do, and the next episode should be out today...

I'll try to write a script.

My machinima group has uploaded a new series. In the second episode I am going to need a Hobo. Damn, my capture card does not want to record sound anymore... I'll try to fix it.

Snowed In Episode 1: Halo 3

Last edited by a moderator:
Zenzeigan said:
Great to see people intrested, i would like to be a character myself, but with my british accent it will ruin the mood XD

yeah, but all can be characters, will be fun

so what you wanna do then?

a serious one? or a comedy one?

after watching digitalph33rs guide to machinima he stated that serious machinima is ALOT harder to do, and the next episode should be out today...

well since i 2 am not American nor English i do speak it quite good. better then my writing.

i agree with zen on the serious vs comedy but why seperate them you could do a serious 1 that combines the 2.
i am reasonably good with forge so making maps to fit isnt such a problem. but for a good map that would fit the scenarios that are most common. i say a mix of blackout/guardian/standoff. these 3 are not used allot for machinima so it would bring a original feel to it if used correct.

blackout could be a remote outpost maned buy somewhat of a idiot team with a serious commander ore something in that way.
the script could be something like being hunted by a elite ore a crazy spartan.
also if used together with a different map [it could be a traveling script] it would make a good difference cause its black.

guardian is a nice map 2. specially if you like to make it feel more like a higher being kinda feel. same thing that the machinima "matchmaking" dose in there's.

standoff is like the best "red vs blue" type of map. but even without the rvb feel it would still have allot of scenario places that can make allot of nice scenes.

if you could combine these 3 maps into a story you got a nice feel for different scenes cause of the different lighting.
also all 3 the maps have different scenarios feels. so it would switch up the dialog.

Characters.
now this is the tricky 1 cause i am good with stories but not writhing so here go's.

for a script to work you need ether 2 sides ore 1 that works against someone. i say it like this cause you need to know where to find the focus of the story.
so the best in my opinion since we are a new starting machinima it would be best to base it around 1 team of different characters. this way there is more interaction and places for script.

i have tones of ideas so get me on live ore msn ore email if the other 2 are impossible for you. :)

well ill probabily get a cheap capture card myself. just for the hell of it

as for the story, i think it should actually be based on people playing halo 3, alot like the "Pre-Game lobby" or "Matchmaking" series,

i only think this because if we are doing an online game, you cant lower your weapons. it must be on local, so if we just do a story of complete noobs on halo experiencing new things like tea-bagging and glitching and such. i think it will work, as long as most of it includes us ACTUALLY playing the game, so we have a reason to have our weapons up all the time, it wont be as bad.

another thing, i dont have the legendary map pack.

Boryenko said:
Yeah, I guess I'm good with something like that.

BTW: My capture card was $100 Canadian

you spent $100 on a capture card?!?!

how much is that in english?

Zenzeigan said:
!?!?

ok thats stupidly expensive.
no man thats about the lowest price you could get for a decent CC. the price only go's up from there.

Boryenko said:
That was awesome! I have to buy a new mic so I will try to get the same one as Digitalph33r

the video messes up at the "P's and S's"

Boryenko said:
My video? Can't be, I recorded those voices from a Text to Speech engine.

nooo

digitalph33rs video.
he gets to the bit about the microphones and it messes up when he says keeping out background noises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back