Crackhead09's Armor Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

crackhead09

RCO
405th Regiment Officer
Hello everyone and here's my armor progress for my 2nd suit of armor. what i hope to achieve is a better design of the strapping system than the one i had before which literally made me vulnerable ( legs straped over the shoulders, arms strapped together, and a torso that needs one more person to put on for me ) any suggestions for that is most welcome because i dont know how to put on a torso that wont fit over my head and has to be a 2 piece torso.

what I'm going to use is my own better fitting torso, fs helmet, robo's biceps handplates and boots, nuggets forearms, coming soon cod, and my own thighs and shins. and here's some pics of it so far

the torso
07-07-08_2247.jpg

the vent with fs hd parts
07-07-08_2248.jpg

the shoulder with fs hd parts
07-07-08_2249.jpg

and hand done shoulder vent
07-07-08_2250.jpg

more pics are coming soon i just have the helmet and a pair of fiberglassed biceps at another location

any suggestions for a strapping system or to put on a torso by myself without any help is most valued and appreciated
(again special thanks to everyone who has helped with making these models and helping me learn how to model)

that is the "thin"chest/torso right?
also...i cut mine right in half like bekalor (i spelled it wrong sorry)
i cut it right between the black part above my shoulder.
i might have pics somewhere on my topic (maybe)

Nice progress so far. As far as a suggestion for the torso piece. What if you used straps that tightened instead of snapped? that way, you could loosen the torso enough to put it on, and then just tighten the straps. The only setback I can think of, is that you may not be able to tighten the straps with your bicep pieces on. Ill keep thinking about that.

Very nice work, that torso looks alot better in real life. Excellent idea combining parts from FS's torso btw. Good luck, I know I'm going ot be pushing it finishing my armor for D*Con, hope to see ya there. :D

thanks alot guys yeah the first armor set i did was fs 2nd to last helmet and his hd torso and everything else was the low detail. this time i want it to look great for dcon and the torso was kind of like combing ideas of what's easier to do the full hd or a regular one so i did a hybrid and I'am happy with the result because it gives all the detail anyone will notice without killing as much time doing. for the spine of the torso I'm just gonna do layered cardboard.

as i've said I'll post pics of the helmet wich just needs more supports added, the biceps after there done being fiberglassed which is soon, and some pics of the forearms

well either way if i finish this new suit or not I'll be coming i just need to raise some money before july 15

well actually the chest is my better fitting torso + FS's HD chest combination because i figured why make mine HD when squirell made his HD using the same model as mine

alright heres an update guys

i finished fiberglassing the biceps and the torso is next in line and right now im almost done with nuggets forearms and heres some pics
P1010005.jpg

P1010006.jpg

P1010007.jpg

P1010009.jpg

those bicepts fooled me they looked molded in th first pic
then i scrolled down and saw the fiber glass material.
looking good :)

thanks man i put those tutorials out to help the noobs and the mods who are too frustrated with them

and i may do a tut on fiberglassing model with supports

Great work so far! Keep it up. You'd be done now if it hadn't been for that 3d stuff you cranked out. (y)

hey community first myself last on the hierachry of needs lets see community then work then girlfriend then xbox live then the armor then my own personal needs right now im printing out the left arm the cod is 3/4 done will post an update tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back