Have A Question? Dont Bother With A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
that can all be done under MY CONTROLS on your top tool bars. then click change personal picture, then add your picture.

ahahaha just joined tonight..... never done the forum thing actually but i have to say you did a fantastic job of making me scared...(terrified) of saying a thing

(lets hope i didn't just break a rule for being a smart ..... well smarty pants :D )

have to admit thought the uniform set of rules ..admirable

MikeyTonic said:
ahahaha just joined tonight..... never done the forum thing actually but i have to say you did a fantastic job of making me scared...(terrified) of saying a thing

(lets hope i didnt just break a rulle for being a smart ..... well smarty pants :D )

These rules help save us and you from people coming in and being negative and saying negative things about the work we all do. They're also here to help limit the waste of bandwidth on unnecessary topics and items that have been covered before. If you have any questions, there is always the Q&A Team which was designed with newbies in mind. Doesn't get much easier than if you have a question, look up on the list in the noob forum who has the answer and send them a message with the question. If at all there is ever a second thought on whether you should do something or not, PM (private message) us and we'll quickly respond. We're here to protect you, some of the other members around here bite ^^. Welcome to the 405th.

Cheers,
Kensai

Last edited by a moderator:
MikeyTonic said:

(lets hope i didnt just break a rulle for being a smart ..... well smarty pants :D )

Sorry for scareing you but I think I got the point accross (at least to you) so, Welcome to the 405th and to forums in general. Like Kensai said, if you need help or arnt sure of something send us a PM and we'll get right back to ya. Most of the people of the Q&A Team (like me and Kensai) spend pretty much all day on the 405th to be readily available to new members like you. Enjoy your stay and I hope to see some great stuff outta you :]

Like Rose said. Ask. We don't normally bite. Don't let her scare ya. She's a sweetie. Her bark is worse than her bite. Use and abuse the Q&A team. It normally takes a lot to make us bite. BTW, always confirm a hotel reservation so you aren't left out in the cold.

yeah i understand the point of the rules :D

i was really surprised to see only positive feed back on all the threads
(or at least the ones I've seen)

and as far as conventions ..

ahaha I'm broke .. so unless i make some really good armor and luck out big time

wont see me for a few years

You can find the security helmet Here. Along with a lot of other perms and weapons. There is also a thread that SKG created with different levels of difficulty for most of the armor.

Hello. I joined this forum to get more insight on Halo armor and costume making. I've seen people work on costumes for other franchises, particularly the Star Wars franchise. For stormtrooper armor as seen in Star Wars, I've seen people use vacuum forming to shape the costume.

Would anyone here recommend this method of creating armor? What is your take on this?

I was thinking of creating Halo armor using abs plastic and vacuum forming, but I'm not quite sure whether or not this will be effective.

As far as I know vaccuum forming is not the best way to go abot making Halo armor. But, If you want to learn more about it I suggest PMing Rob Westerfield (username: Rob) he vaccuum forms his Mark VI and ODST stuff.

Welcome to the 405th!

hi, i was wondering if there was a solution for the mac+pepakura problem. You know the fact that pepakura viewer isn't downloadable for the mac. is there some software that i could upload or buy that lets me view and download pep files. :unsure:

If you have Leopard, you can use bootcamp and install XP. That will let you do all the Windows things you want. Otherwise, find a friend with a PC and beg them to install Pepakura.

Depending on the conditions when you resined, it could last for a while. Try to keep the piece in a ventilated area.

BlacRoseImmortal said:
Iv'e found that Baby Powder work really well to mask the smell and to help cure the resin.
talcum powder (baby powder) can also be used to get a better cast.
If you just put a very light coat of it in the mold before you pour the resin (as in a just dust some in there) the resin is less likely to bubble, and should get in every little corner that the resin might not get into, especially useful for more complex molds.
Please note that i have not tested this myself yet, but its come highly recommended by some of the people over at therpf.

Baby powder helps break up the surface tension on the surface of your mold. When the resin flows into hard to reach places, the powder helps pull the liquid to the surface of the mold while pushing the air bubbles away. You don't want alot of powder, and you most certainly want to shake out the mold. You want a very light dusted coat...

A pile of baby powder in some cases will actually cause the resin not to flow into an area if it has become packed it.

I do speak from experience.

I believe Masking the smell of resin is referring to Fiberglass Resin fumes. If you can smell it, its still bad for you, masking the smell does not dissipate the fumes. Put it in a warm place, above 80-85 degrees and let the heat bake out the chemicals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back