Have A Question? Dont Bother With A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daywalker - if it's scaled properly, you'll most likely have to cut it and use straps. I don't remember seeing anyone with a one piece torso.

tlither said:
Daywalker - if it's scaled properly, you'll most likely have to cut it and use straps. I don't remember seeing anyone with a one piece torso.
Oh thank God, and thank you. I was about to cry and then maybe start stabbing people. :mad: I was happy with the way it looked but I coudnt get it over my shoulders. You just saved me another couple days of pointless work, you are my hero.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love halo and I love this site,but wen ever people get mad it me for some reason I cant stop thinkin bout and lose sleep and stuff over the littlest things. :unsure: I dont mean to do wrong but Ill screw up or I dont know somethan and people will get mad at me . :unsure:anyway I came to ask if theres A way to post pictures outher than attachments.

spartan-847-david said:
I love halo and I love this site,but wen ever people get mad it me for some reason I cant stop thinkin bout and lose sleep and stuff over the littlest things. :unsure: I dont mean to do wrong but Ill screw up or I dont know somethan and people will get mad at me . :unsure:anyway I came to ask if theres A way to post pictures outher than attachments.

No one really gets mad, unless your flaming or just being a jerk. but in your case you just need to review the rules and stuff, you'll be ok ;)

yes there is a better way than attachments, get a photobucket account and direct-link your pictures into your posts by pasting the direct-link HTML code into the little box that comes up when you click the button up on your toolbox that has a picture of a landscape. It's simple to set up and do.

EDIT: Thank you for posting that question in here instead of starting a thread asking that question. That makes me and the rest of the Q&A Team very happy :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Or if photobucket and imageshack confuses you, I installed a quick uploader here : Click.

You just select your file, click Upload File(s) and then you put the link it will give you between IMG tags.

I feel like such an UBER noob for asking but. How do you get the MC figure at the bottom of a post, it has color coded armor pieces. I hope some one knows what i mean.

Not every armor maker has those, so it's not something you get. Judging by the look of BFDesign's picture, it looks like individually/custom made so you might wanna PM him and ask how it's done. I wouldn't know with 100% certainty myself, though, sorry. I've actually been wondering that myself but I'm not making anything at the moment so it's not that important to me.

So that more folks will know where and how to get the armor status pic to add to their signature, you can create yours HERE.

It was created by Rednapx. All thanks go to him.

eh having trouble finding something anyone wanna help me out one this?

1- Im having trouble finding those "mask with only the eye peice hole" and i have travelled really far to look for em, and nothing. So Does anyone know where is the place i can get em ** In canada **?

Thanks

You can get them from Racer Wholesale. They specialize in auto racing supplies. Or you can search for BALACLAVA in Google. They are thin and made of nomex or some other fire retardant material. Some manufacturers make them with two eye ports. It depends on the look and feel you are going for.

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had made a thread on "how to unfold"?

If not ...where would be a good place for me to learn such a skill.

I ask this because "Vampyredh" has been kind enough to make a 3D model of a robocop chest piece and I would like to put it into pepakura and unfold it for people.

Don't think there is a thread on unfolding. Try the tamasoft site. That might make a good article for the zine...

This has been an interesting read on dealing with Noobs and getting information to them.

Considering my job deals a lot with workforce development in the state of Alabama I have witnessed many different learning styles. Not only are there different styles of learning it also depends on what generation that person belongs to. This can vary from Baby Boomers to GenX and GenY personalities. Being a GenXer I have a lot of Baby Boomer traits based on my upbringing and considering the time frame I was born I have a lot of the GenX traits as well.

With that said this prompted me to spent several months reading the forums before posting a single message, now you would think I had covered everything I needed to be a proper member here at the 405th. "Wrong" my first post I was considered hijacking it even though I had seen a large amount of post doing the same thing I had done without causing a stir. So what I thought was non issue was here at the 405th. Note to self read the rules of the forums you are contributing to.

What made this even worse is I had non Mods delivering this devastating blow and giving me a bad impression of the 405th right off the bat. Thus what they were doing was in violation of the rules as well. Thanks for the mod being on top of things, this problem was resolved without further issues. The reason I am pointing this out is not everyone reads everything. This is something you can not avoid because of how each generation deals with things. For example the younger generations have a style of getting off the ground running and learning as they go. Where your older generations tend to be more detailed and study the topic and then move forward. Case in point how many of you read the instruction of a new program before loading and using it.. Or you get a brand new cell phone do you read the manual before turning it on and making your first call..

Building armor or anything else related to SciFi can be an exciting topic because you are making something that not a lot of people have, and it creates a blissful envy that you can savor. I can remember seeing Star Wars for the first time and thinking how cool it would be to have a trooper outfit or even Darth Vader. This spirit never died and just keep building year after year. Now bring on the high tech game consoles that puts my Atari 2600 to shame and you create even more buzz of end users wanting to be the characters in the game. heck when I played Halo with my kids for the first time I was the first one that said wouldn't it be cool to have a MC outfit.

With this excitement and the 405th it creates this whole new level for perspective Noobs to fulfill a dream, heck I bet after Eric @ Indy Mogul aired his Halo build with help from one of the members here. I am sure it created a surge of new members overnight thus creating a surge of noob questions. Now everyone here does a splendid job helping one another but I would like to point out the problems I faced while studying everything before starting my build.

1- Everyone says use the search... I would like to point out I though the search was broke for several weeks because it would not pull any topics up based on my keyword I was using. This seems to be resolved now but I have no idea if it was a problem on my part or just a problem.

Also I would like to stress that searching the Internet can considered an art form within itself. I am amazed everyday on how different people search for the same topics on the net when I am teaching a class. So not everyone is created equal when it comes to searching the net, and yes there is some lazy searchers out there as well so I am not making excuses on that.

2- Information overload.. Even though everything is very well organized here it becomes a major chore to learn how to do this. I spent several month reading and reading when I wanted to start building. The fast trackers out there do not want to read, they would rather be told how to do it... Why read the book when you are surrounded by people that know the subject inside and out.

Now there has been some great ideas on how to deal with this the QA team and closed registration is a couple of them but regardless to what you do I believe the 405th will be faced with this kind of problem.

Anyway I have become long winded here and this may be straying from my original though but I wanted to offer my point of view as a Noob here at the 405th.

Other than that this is a great place and I look forward to sharing all the projects I plan on building with everyone and offering what ever help I can as time permits..

Have a great holiday...

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back