Have A Question? Dont Bother With A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir Blood said:
have you tried rotating them first?
I have a large head and I managed to get all the large pieces on 1 page after rescaling

have you tried using "print preview" to see if the part really fits... maybe the program is just lying to you making you think it really doesn't fit when it fact it does... were talking about using windows afterall...

You have a couple of options:
(There's probably a bunch of sites with this, but this is just the first one I found with them)
1) Legal sized card stock:
http://www.paperworks.com/Merchant2/mercha...ID=161325427522

2) goto kinko's (a copy store) and have them print that page for you on larger card stock.
3) if all else fails split it onto 2 pages.

I'm not sure if I would try splitting the pieces onto 2 pages as it would be tricky to line them back up perfectly, someone more familiar with pep might know how to get the program to do it for you, giving you flaps to reconnect them.

No some really dont fit. (i am not crazy)
But its really a problem.
I use the mark VI normal detail helmet from robogenesis

Last edited by a moderator:
Glennz said:
No some really dont fit. (i am not crazy)
But its really a problem.
I use the mark VI normal detail helmet from robogenesis

If memory serves me correctly A4 is slightly smaller than Letter. I would double check your helm scaling because I would not think there is any piece bigger than the paper.

Now when you get to the chest you will have pieces bigger than the paper and will have to work around that issue.

Doug

Sir Blood said:
have you tried rotating them first?
I have a large head and I managed to get all the large pieces on 1 page after rescaling

have you tried using "print preview" to see if the part really fits... maybe the program is just lying to you making you think it really doesn't fit when it fact it does... were talking about using windows afterall...

You have a couple of options:
(There's probably a bunch of sites with this, but this is just the first one I found with them)
1) Legal sized card stock:
http://www.paperworks.com/Merchant2/mercha...ID=161325427522

2) goto kinko's (a copy store) and have them print that page for you on larger card stock.
3) if all else fails split it onto 2 pages.

I'm not sure if I would try splitting the pieces onto 2 pages as it would be tricky to line them back up perfectly, someone more familiar with pep might know how to get the program to do it for you, giving you flaps to reconnect them.

K, solved i think.
How to rescale???
My head didnt fit through the bottom hole of my last helmet (130 mm hole) my head:

Heigth 250 mm
Width 210 mm
depth 280 mm

Helmet:

height 319 mm
width 278 mm
depth 406 mm

my new helmet (in pepakura designer) :

height 280 mm
width 244 mm
depth 361 mm

pleassse!!!

Glennz said:
K, solved i think.
How to rescale???
My head didnt fit through the bottom hole of my last helmet (130 mm hole) my head:

Heigth 250 mm
Width 210 mm
depth 280 mm

Helmet:

height 319 mm
width 278 mm
depth 406 mm

my new helmet (in pepakura designer) :

height 280 mm
width 244 mm
depth 361 mm

pleassse!!!

Your head will not fit through the helm until you trim the opening. This has been posted several times thought out various threads. I suggest reading the flying_squirl thread on his HD helm. It was very helpful for when when I started out..

haloguy157 said:
how do you get the armor progress box on yor replies and page? i cant find it anywhere!!!
Scroll up to Post #167, you will find the link there in BlacRoseImmortal's post. There is also a link on page 8 of this thread. A little bit of reading goes a long way.

i have a thread in the noob forums titled "my first ever pepped helmet" i have almost finished pepping it completely but it is too small, it was scaled to 265mm hight.

im not too good with judging hight, so would 300mm or 310mm be better for the next helmet i do which will be FS's MkV.

heres a link to my thread so you can see what im asking.

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15789

rancidaluminium said:
i have a thread in the noob forums titled "my first ever pepped helmet" i have almost finished pepping it completely but it is too small, it was scaled to 265mm hight.

im not too good with judging hight, so would 300mm or 310mm be better for the next helmet i do which will be FS's MkV.

heres a link to my thread so you can see what im asking.

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15789

first off measure your head
skull.jpg

if first step is already done
scale to helm height 3-4cm bigger then your head

alternatly it might just be your helms neck area needs trimming

nah, the helmet is just too small.

so ive stuck with the 30cm scale, change the paper settings to a4, checked out print previews and i dont know, it looks like its still going to be too small

Edit, looking at print preview it said build hight would be 218mm!! what the hell....seriously....

rancidaluminium said:
nah, the helmet is just too small.

so ive stuck with the 30cm scale, change the paper settings to a4, checked out print previews and i dont know, it looks like its still going to be too small

Edit, looking at print preview it said build hight would be 218mm!! what the hell....seriously....

Are you plugging in 30cm (300mm) into the height... Everything else will change accordingly..

I believe you are confusing the scale text box with the height.

printing too small... here's the likely problem
The pep files are setup as LANDSCAPE, and your printer is setup to default standard letter. You will have to change your printer setup when you print so its landscape.

I would also adjust the paper setup to 5 mm borders, that way you can get more on each page.

Ok total noobish question where or is there a classified section here? I keep seeing references to it but I'm unable to locate it lol sorry :oops:

All right, this is my first post and of course its going to be a question.
What build height would you recommend for the mark VI torso piece for a person 6ft tall, 140lbs?

Thanks in advance.

VoodooChild said:
All right, this is my first post and of course its going to be a question.
What build height would you recommend for the mark VI torso piece for a person 6ft tall, 140lbs?

Thanks in advance.

Please read the scaling thread regarding this question, there is a formula that will aid you in this. there is no real tried or turn method for this. You will have to build a couple of size testers and work from there. Its a draw out process at the moment, thats why I am on my third set of boots trying to get a best fit.

Thanks,

Doug

Hey guys, in regards to the resin phase, do i sand down the piece after the resin has dried? or not im a little confused with this phase =D Thanks in Advance

-----DW i gots it now =D-----

Daflea said:
Please read the scaling thread regarding this question, there is a formula that will aid you in this. there is no real tried or turn method for this. You will have to build a couple of size testers and work from there. Its a draw out process at the moment, thats why I am on my third set of boots trying to get a best fit.

Thanks,

Doug

I looked at it before I posted this, must have missed that part. But nonetheless I think I found what I need to do and got a approximation. Thank you!

Apoxie Sculpt.

Drop me a PM if you need some help with it ;)

Bondo is just a brand name for a cheap car body filler. A lot of car body fillers are better but more expensive.

Drop me a PM or add me on msn if you need some help some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back