Props Ian's Lightsabers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overlord Ian

Hey guys, i was waiting on stuff i ordered for my halo armor, so i decided to start another project, so i made a lightsaber, and i think it turned out very well, and it was incredibly fun to make! plan on making a set of 4, and i may make a tutorial, anyway, heres the pic of the near-finished darth vader lightsaber, and yes, it will light up like the FX saber, i just need the correct lights to do it, (im not sure what to use for the lights, any ideas?) The last pic is photoshoped to have a lit blade, a scar on my face, and the backround (obviosly). Sorry for any low quality pics
PictureorVideo001.jpg

PictureorVideo004.jpg

jedi.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Macattack64 said:
I believe they use leds so when you turn it on each segment goes and it lights upward...
yea, i was thinking i would use a luxeon LED unit, wich is what a company called "ultra sabers", and its powerful enough to light the whole blade and they sell them at a website called "the custom aber shop", wich is were i got my blade supplies

Overlord_Ian said:
proton saber? im afraid i havnt heard of that. I have an ultra saber, wich is powered by a luxeon LED unit

A Proton Saber is my own design..
I merged a light saber, with a Ghostbusters Proton pack. Its not a "blade" but more like a "whip" Like indiana jones.. Better yet, like Ivy's sword in Soul Calibur.

It stays relatively short while idle, but extends during whiplashes. Then retracts back.

Zaso117 said:
I'm no pro at this, but you can also use EL wire I think. Nice work. Anakins?
Yea EL wire wuld probably work, and good guess on the saber, but, this is Vader's, i acctually do have an Anakin/luke saber in the works, (Luke used Anakin's old saber in episode four: a new hope).
im making a set of 4
1. vader
2. luke/Anakin
3. Obi wan
4. my own custom saber
5?. Yoda?

Overlord_Ian said:
Update**
I have 100 LEDs in the mail right now, so the1st sabder should be finished by the end of the week! pics coming soon. I also started Anakin's saber today, ill post more on that tomorrow, and i will have to order another blade as soon an i get my paycheck this week.
sorry for double posting, but no one is interested in my lightsabers
I'm interested, I think many of us are, but right now we're waiting so see how these turn out.

yea, sorry for double posting, but just out of curiosity, i started anakin's saber's handle today, should i make a tutorial? because i will if everyone is interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.