Paradoxdj's Helm

Status
Not open for further replies.

paradoxdj

So i finally got around to working on my helmet, i glassed it a while ago but i didn't want to post anything because in the process of it drying my helm warped a little bit, the side came in just enough to make it too narrow for my head to fit in it. i got bored today and decided i'd try and figure out how i was going to fix this annoying problem. i was thinking about how to fix it when i looked at my work bench and noticed a boxcutter laying there, i thought "hey i could just trim off a little from the bottom" and so i did and it now fits. WOOT! So i got to work on sanding it a little using my palm sander (very handy time saver) and i now just have to do a little finishing sanding then i'll prime, paint and pad it.

here's what it looks like in it's current form:

hey look a video =D

and some pictures

Picture14.jpg

Picture13.jpg

Picture11.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
no i don't want to screw it up, plus i kinda like the angular look.

edit: after mowing my moms lawn and doing some more sanding with a relatively fine sandpaper i decided to prime it, so right now it's siting in my garage on some newspaper drying.

lol ^^

ya now after it dried, and i slept, i took my abrasive sponge (sanding sponge) and sanded the major imperfections, then after i looked it over one more time i covered it in another layer of primer.

it is currently drying again :cautious: , oh well it's all for the best.

hey guess what the paint is done! all i have to do is now get some black paint for the back neck piece, i also have to get a visor and some padding for the inside.

but here it is!!!! it may look like macattack's healmet but thats because i used the same paint job as him.

Picture14-1.jpg

Picture21.jpg

Picture23.jpg

Picture22.jpg

what do you think?

p.s. i should be getting the black paint tomorrow and will most likely paint it before i go to work on thursday. the visor and the padding i still don't know when i'm getting those yet.

yeah sanding that helmet right can be a chore look for pafford09 for my work on the halo 2 helmet

Nice job... it looks strangely similar...

<.<

>.>

^.^

:p Wooooo!

I didn't sand my first one for the same reasons...:\

med_gallery_2596_18_1030404.jpg

med_gallery_2596_18_1545069.jpg

he mine is laying in the backyard it hasnt moved since the fiberglass video even though alot of love went in to it i just dont care about it anymore got rid of the old and accepted the new oh well it just proves that a fiberglass helmet can put up with a lot of abuse lol

update!

since my helm got put on hold (still have to get the rest of the stuff to finish it) i got the thigh pieces sanded and painted.
i'm currently waiting for the toes and cod piece to dry, i just glassed them, so after they're done those will be the next pieces done.

here they are (you can also get a glimps of my under suit):

Picture27.jpg

Picture26.jpg

Picture25.jpg

thanks man =D

i hope no one thinks that i'm copying mac, 'cause i'm not, i just like the paint job.

i'm going out to get some foam so i'll be able to start padding the helmet and the thighs soon, i also have to get an old vacuum hose for the side vents on the helm, i'll get the details on the helm done next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back