My First Ever Papercraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

syntax

I had watched a video where a kid had made all sorts of halo weapons out of carboard, im sure you've seen it by now, but they looked kinda weird so I searched for better quality versions and thats when I came across a youtube user name abrant3, he has tutorials on halo 3 armor making via pepakura, so i dled the program, printed the blueprints onto cardstock and began production of my first ever paper craft...

heres my first video,

part 1

it doesn't look that great i know, this is my first time doing it.

then after that was done i started to apply the BONDO!

Part 2

yeah i probably shouldn't have taped it but i didn't know what else to use.

anyways ive got a bout 3 layers of bondo on it right now, so im gonna sand it and maybe paint soon.

C&C, please don't make it all bad, i know it looks half assed...

welcome good sir/madam...

looks good so far... the only thing i want to say is.... does the video really need to be 4min. i watched the whole thing expecting something else to happen...

you should take some pictures of it as well.

and nice job on your first round.. you plan on making armor as well?

paradoxdj said:
looking good =D can't wait to see it finished

btw pepakura is pronounced "pep-a-cure-ah"

No.
There is no correct Pronounciation, and the most used one is Pep-a-koo-ra.

And nice work on that AR

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want the exact Japanese pronounciation.. it's more like. peh-pah-koo-la (no emphasis/accent on any particular syllable), except for the la is pronounced with more of a tic at the top of your tongue.. it's hard to explain.
ANYWHO.
Good job for first attempt :D

thanks for the comments, my faith in my papercraft ability has been restored! as for armor, I plan on making ODST armor, as well as the ODST armor from halo 1 mission guilty spark, I've always loved the way the marines were outfitted in that mission, they looked so bad ass with khaki and AR's... just epic...

ok part 3 is up..

Part 3

yay.

sorry for the double post,

but im just wondering if anyone has any refernce pictures of the armor i was refering to in my last post. Halo 1 level guilty spark, if anyone knows where i can find them let me know. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back