Announcing The Spartan Ghost Red Bull Racer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, I am one of the other creators of the ghost, I have a few photos to post. Its not completely done, little more work on the wings and cannons, but we're close. Also, the team is in dire straits. We have attempted to get a master chief costume from local and internet vendors (just the $80 ones sold for halloween) but are coming up empty. The race is THIS SATURDAY, and we are getting desparate. If anyone knows of a master chief costume or helmet that we can rent/have/buy for $80 or less, we would be most obliged. Please contact us through this thread if you can help. Thanks.

Oh wow, it looks amazing so far! Are you going to install some speakers to add the noises in too? Sadly I don't think you'll be able to find anything like that for sale for under $80, but I'm still a little new so... well good luck!

Wow!!! I can definitly imagining it through the finish line first.
I think it's the second real life sized vehicle from halo in the whole country!
1: Bungie's Warthog
2: Your Ghost

You should be on HBO..
Hope you win!

That thing is awesome! Someone move this from Noob to Elite!

What are the plasma cannons made of?

Amazing! The best (and only ghost) i have ever seen!
It still disturbs me that the legs go inside the front instead of on the sides like on a motorcycle..
And that the "hood" should be a little more curved and over the drivers head..
masterchief_ghost_small.gif

well.. i guess it's comfort before accuracy.

Great job!
-FSS

looking really good guys....just a tip....not trying to bad your project. it SHOULD be higher off the ground. and in turn throw in a small 12 volt battery and get some purple neons from the auto parts stores and wire them underneath. reflective coverings around the wheels will help hide them since it will be higher off the ground..just some advice keep posting!

Finnish, if they had the hood part over the driver's head, they wouldn't be able to see where they're going.

HELL JUMPER, having the Ghost closer to the ground will actually improve its performance. Turning would be much easier because it hugs the ground, and it will be more aerodynamic because there's less air flow underneath. Plus, you won't be able to see the wheels this way. Neon lights? That would look awesome, but it would be just a little lighter to keep them out.

that is awesome.. you really made it look good while still making it pretty functional, best of luck to you with it!

Friendly said:
Finnish, if they had the hood part over the driver's head, they wouldn't be able to see where they're going.

HELL JUMPER, having the Ghost closer to the ground will actually improve its performance. Turning would be much easier because it hugs the ground, and it will be more aerodynamic because there's less air flow underneath. Plus, you won't be able to see the wheels this way. Neon lights? That would look awesome, but it would be just a little lighter to keep them out.

One reason to get a camera in front.. and a monitor.
Or use glass with a purple tint to see through..

-FSS

Last edited by a moderator:
Finnish_Spartan said:
One reason to get a camera in front.. and a monitor.
Or use glass with a purple tint to see through..

-FSS
I would like to take this time to remind everyone that the ghost was built for the Red Bull soap box race in philadelphia. The race is THIS SATURDAY!!! It will be aired on NBC10 Philadelphia via a live web broadcast. If you live in the Philadelphia area you can come to "The Wall" in manayunk and not only watch the race, but tour the pits and see our and everyone's entry cars. Anyone mentioning the forum will get special treatment.

Now with this in mind... The car will not hover, will not shoot plasma, have neon lights, have guidance monitors or targeting computers. If anyone would like to see our ghost fully equipped we will accepts cash checks and all major credit cards at the event.

SEE YOU THERE,

MisterSwiss said:
I would like to take this time to remind everyone that the ghost was built for the Red Bull soap box race in philadelphia. The race is THIS SATURDAY!!! It will be aired on NBC10 Philadelphia via a live web broadcast. If you live in the Philadelphia area you can come to "The Wall" in manayunk and not only watch the race, but tour the pits and see our and everyone's entry cars. Anyone mentioning the forum will get special treatment.

Now with this in mind... The car will not hover, will not shoot plasma, have neon lights, have guidance monitors or targeting computers. If anyone would like to see our ghost fully equipped we will accepts cash checks and all major credit cards at the event.
SEE YOU THERE,

Get a video, put it on Youtube, and link it to the armor videos forum. I'm sure the mods won't mind that it's not "armor", per se, since this is the first 405th vehicle and it's godly-awesome

Been stalking this thread for awhile, you definitely need some purple in there. Came so far, no need to cut corners now. Without that trademark color no one is going to recognize it.

Cheers,
Kensai

Bloodl3tt3r said:
Get a video, put it on Youtube, and link it to the armor videos forum. I'm sure the mods won't mind that it's not "armor", per se, since this is the first 405th vehicle and it's godly-awesome
Are you kidding.. this bad boy probably has enough bondo to stop a bullet:)

MisterSwiss said:
Are you kidding.. this bad boy probably has enough bondo to stop a bullet:)

You know, there's only one way to test that.

*Cocks gun*

Quick, someone get inside it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back