Rental Suits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heeroyuyae001

If I've posted this in the wrong forum please let me know. This my first day registered and posting on 405th and I'm hoping forgiveness for my "noobness" is not to much to ask for.

So here's the deal. I've actually just started the process of building my own suit. I know it's going to be a lot of trial and error, learn as you go, and random $#%@ ups. So in conclusion? A timeline for completion is far from feasible. I'd really like to have it done by Halloween to show off in Downtown Miami for an annual romp through the city and costume contest but I doubt that's going to happen. My one solution to this is rental. But we all know finding a Mjolnir suit in a costume shop isn't going to happen either. I'm willing to pay good money to rent a suit. Prepayment with a deposit of some kind (if it can be arranged) and full shipping and handling to and from locations.

I'm 5' 5" and 135lbs so a smaller suit would be preferable.

If anyone is interested please contact me at the email below with your price/specifics. As I said I'm completely willing to pay good money and will provide full contact information. Thanks much. :cautious:

heeroyuyae001@hotmail.com

Are you allowed to enter a costume contest with someone else's work? Especially if it's rental?
Anywho good luck finding someone willing.

Welcome to the 405th! :)

However, please read the stickies! From the way I see it, this is a "Give me armor" thread and those are not allowed in the General discussion area or any area for that matter.
To answer your question however, I do not believe any members are willing to rent out their suits. I'm not speaking for everybody, just assuming most would not be willing to do so. It will also be difficult to find a suit scaled for a female of your size.

For now, it may also be best if you post in the Noob section. You'll learn everything you need to know.

For building, make sure to read all the stickies for the type of construction you're going to be doing. Hope that helps you a bit. :)

rental could potentially mean, recast and send back... besides, damage and/or stolen suits would be a big issue, so a large deposit would be required, which would probably cheaper to buy one.

I understand the difficulty of what I'm asking and how 'trust' is definately an issue. I'm not completely dumb.. or oblivious to my own actions. But to not ask would be failure all in itself.

As far as my own armor making.. I'm not asking for advice (atleast not right now) especially with the vast amount of useful reading and information that people have posted here on 405th. If I have a question, which I will considering my 'green-ness', I'm sure that 90% of the time I can find the answer by looking for it myself. You've all done a very great job archiving your experience. Kudos!

I appreciate all of your responses.

You'd have to pay a fee of 3000 dollars to rent one, the fee would cover damage/stolen cost. Only fair.

AoBfrost said:
You'd have to pay a fee of 3000 dollars to rent one, the fee would cover damage/stolen cost. Only fair.

Fair enough! Though at that point it's only common sense just to buy one. Haha!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 5'6, 128 lbs. but my suit saw a bit of wear and tear last Halloween (paint chips and dings) so I've relegated it to display only =\

I've had an itch to make a new suit using the HD files that were created after I had finished, but the money is tight while we buy our new house. q_q

If you work on a semi regular schedule you shouldn't have any trouble coming up with a pep suit for Halloween on your own tho :)

G'luck!

Hmm... Maybe you could buy the full suit, wear it for Haloween, get a refund (minus damages), and pay shipping both ways.

Vexona said:
I'm 5'6, 128 lbs. but my suit saw a bit of wear and tear last Halloween (paint chips and dings) so I've relegated it to display only =\

I've had an itch to make a new suit using the HD files that were created after I had finished, but the money is tight while we buy our new house. q_q

If you work on a semi regular schedule you shouldn't have any trouble coming up with a pep suit for Halloween on your own tho :)

G'luck!

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm actually on my way to Lowe's after work today to start the purchasing process. When I pick up a new project I usually get kind of obsessed with it until it's finished so hopefully my motivation will help me meet my completion date before October. But things do go wrong! Thanks again!

Friendly said:
Hmm... Maybe you could buy the full suit, wear it for Haloween, get a refund (minus damages), and pay shipping both ways.

Slightly underhanded.. but I like the way you're thinking! That made me laugh.

DthReNcarn8 said:
we all know finding a Mjolnir suit in a costume shop isn't going to happen either.
They are acctually going to release them before halloween, heres a link

DthReNcarn8 said:
Slightly underhanded.. but I like the way you're thinking! That made me laugh.

Please dont double post, use the "Edit" button :)

now back to topic, if your willing to put enough money into renting, youll easily have enough to make your own, and if you really put your time and effort into it, it could easily done by halloween, you just gotta rush, but dont rush.

if that makes sense, go fast, but not fast enough for it to effect yor work, as i said, if you can afford to rent a suit, you should be able to afford enough for a whole suit no problem.

-Zen

EDIT:
Overlord_Ian said:
They are acctually going to release them before halloween, heres a link

EUGH! yeah, you can buy it, but thats rubies armor, and in my opinion, its horribly unaccurate, the helmets the wrong shape, the armpieces dont have "Elbow guards" the chest is small compared to the rest, the biceps are just... generally bad.

We do rentals but only local. As you get closer to the event Post what parts you need and may be just may be you can get help

BUT I see you getting one put together by then. I can pep a part or two a night.

Good lock.

Rob :)

I was offered over 5K for a display suit. Only problem was, the guy was opening a game store in palm beach, and needed it done in like a couple of weeks.
It would've been nice had he asked for it with enough build time.. And I would have Ramen money for years!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back