That Was Kinda Scary...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macattack64

Last night when i was sleeping I had my arm up on my pillow. And what happened was I woke up in the middle of the night not being able to move it. All the blood had flowed down out of my arm. I had to slam my arm down on to my bed and get the blood to come down it but it was scary because this time it was in my shoulder too. It's happened before but not that bad. It took almost a minute to get it back. Now today my elbow is all tense when I bend it.

It happens because of the way I sleep at night and I put my arm above my head.

Is there something serious that could happen for this?

dang ! that happens to me I hate it, I wonder if thats what it feels like not to have your arm?
I try to squeez my hand and nothing happens but it feels like i am .

(usually happens to me whan I sleep on my shoulder prob. on the veins or something constricts the flow of blood)

it's good to hear I'm not the only one, but I'm afraid that one night I'll wake up and not be able to get the flow to come back.

Basically what your feeling is just the same as when your foot "falls asleep." It may just be the position your sleeping in, or the circulation in your arm. Perhaps you could try to sleep in a different position, maybe you might try putting pillows on either side and elevating your arms at night. You could also test the circulation in your arms by finding a large firm object and then hug it tightly to see if your circulation stays active.

It worries you because you have never experianced that kind of feeling before. Like I said, its just like when your foot "falls alseep" it just was for a longer period of time. nothing bad can really come of this because by the time any real tissue damage could occur, your body would have woken you up, and from there you can manually move the arm with the other, bringing back blood flow, also try massages, instead of hitting it against the bed.

I have the same issues, but usually because I sleep with my arm under my pollow and the weight of my head slows the blood flow, until my arms numb. I checked with my doctor, and head said, there aren't any long term issues, stiff joints and soreness. He said, as long as there is no major color change, don't be too alarmed, but he has had cases with extreme color change that required vascular surgery to restore collaped vessels, (usually in Very obese people). But I'm sure beating you arm against something when you have no feeling in it doesn't help...

I have that rarely, but often enough in the morning to at least know whats happening.

It shouldn't be a problem, but I sometimes worry if it's dangerous if this happens frequently enough.
I'm going to guess this is your fear too. I don't really know the answer to that, try researching to see if that is dangerous if it occurs frequently.

I just don't think that have the blood cut off that often is good for you, you know?

That crap happens to me too, I feel this warm thing on my forehead (Shut up pervs) and I shake my head and my arm falls to the side. Thenit's all pins, needles and pain as the circulation picks up again. Hahahah it happens when I fall asleep with my arm over my head, tis a bit scary!

Skullcandy Girl said:
I feel this warm thing on my forehead (Shut up pervs)

Nice Save! XD

Im no doctor, but I would just suggest sleeping in a different position and get used to sleeping like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, there is almost nothing to worry about, even if it does get serious your body will wake itself up so you can fix it. It's kind of like trying to kill yourself be holding your breath, by the time any serious damage could occur, you would pass out and your body would start breathing again.

There's a neat thing that people do when that happens.. But I'm not saying, just get "creative" with an arm that feels like "someone else's arm" :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back